1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTP] Quick questions

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

there are situations in the game when there is not enough resource for the final construction of a building. and when this resource appears in the city in the required quantity, a message appears stating that the building can be built. So here's the question: is it possible to make the screen move to the designated city?
    the attached screenshot shows that one building from the list can be built in the city of Fort Ross. but at the same time Novo Arkhangelsk is displayed on the map. I don't remember which building is more needed in the city. but if I saw the city on the map, it would be easier to choose.

Attached Files:

raystuttgart likes this.
  2. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

By modding (in this case programming) it should be possible to have the Screen center on the City of the message, when it pops-up.
    It would also be possible to add the function "examine Settlement" (opening City Screen) - like in other Lists.

@Mr. ZorG

It is basically a small "feature request". Effort (including testing) is probably just a few hours.
    Probably it is a good idea to start a new thread for this request - it sounds like a useful QoL improvement. :thumbsup:

Otherwise it will most likely be forgotten and lost in Nirvana.
    In that thread the "ideal solution concept" could be discussed and maybe a modder can be found who volunteers to implement it.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  3. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

Hi team¬
    Quick question.. I am on version 2.8. I am not getting the option to select Spanish (Español) in WTP options (in main menu). Only English, French and German. How can I activate it? I still see the spanish tags in the xml assets, so it looks to be prepared to manage it.

Also, can somebody remind me how to change the default options in Custom Game (like no hidden variables, new seed on reload, etc). I know it was in an xml as a line with 0s and 1s, but I cannot find it now :undecide:

Thanks!

4. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Assets\XML\Interface\Languages.xml
    Add Spanish to the list. Easiest way is to replace Russian.

The main reason why Spanish is missing is because we don't have a translator and a lot of the text isn't translated. However it should work and if something isn't translated, it should use the English text.

Now if we could get a Spanish translator, then it could reappear in the list.

Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml

5. Diapsalma

Diapsalma Chieftain

Hi. Maybe a stupid question but when customizing a game there is a victory condition called industrialisation. I cant find any info on what it is?

6. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Start the Industrial Revolution (production rate per turn)

If you want to know in more detail, then it is:
    Spoiler :
    first team to produce 10k yields in a single turn.
    Yields are cargo (food, cotton etc) as well as yields, which can't be transported like bells, hammers and crosses.

7. Diapsalma

Diapsalma Chieftain

Thanks!