WW II December 1941

Oil 2 must give you all the opportunities of Oil 1 and then some.

Any news?

Working on some map changes, (suggetions from Tigranes/Master Calhau). Made China nationalist China, and also 1 communist city. Yan'an i believe.
After that i will take on the 1914 map and alter xml files because of the oil changes. Don't expect any update soon. It's a lot of work and time is limited at the moment.

*Update*: XML changes ready. All units that could be built with regular oil can now also be built with oil II and oil III. Moving on to the 1914 map

It is sad to see no progress for almost a month! I was looking forward for a grand PBEM game with this mod :sad:

It is sad to see no progress for almost a month! I was looking forward for a grand PBEM game with this mod :sad:

Well, i haven't had the time last weeks to play much let alone do some modding. I've already finished a large part of the things i was going to mod. (oil changes, added both china's).
I can't promise it will be ready this week. Still testing.

Oh, wow, nice update! Playing communist China is a super hard challenge which actually materialized in real life!

I am sorry to bring this up, but what's up with Zeros? They are fighters, but currently cannot perform Air Superiority mission. How am I suppose to shoot down american bombers in the ocean without fighter ability of my Zeros as Japan?

Also it is VERY important to do something about planes sinking ships in the port and elsewhere. That's the whole reason why CVs and not BBs became the main capital ships in world's navies.

They are fighters, but currently cannot perform Air Superiority mission
:confused: What do you mean? The zero can intercept and it can perform air strikes. Just checked it.

Also it is VERY important to do something about planes sinking ships in the port and elsewhere
Well, i wish i could, but like i said before, i lack that kind of modding skill. But i agree with you.

What was the main reason for all the units to use enemy roads again? If anything, partisan activity was making difficult to use former enemy roads, deep behind the front lines, to say nothing about roads of the regions which have not been captured yet! Very unrealistic ability!

Also, what kind of African Nations do we have for 1939 and 1941 maps? Especially with a capital in Belgian Congo? Despite Belgium's occupation, the Belgian Congo remained loyal to the government in exile and was put at the disposal of the Allies, making a significant contribution to the Allied war effort. The Congo was also a vitally important economic asset to the Allied powers. The Congo's gold alone contributed some $28.5 million to the Allied war effort, while its exports of rubber and uranium provided vital sources of raw materials. Most of the uranium used during the American Manhattan Project – including that used for the nuclear weapons dropped on the Japanese towns of Hiroshima and Nagasaki – was supplied by the Belgian firm Union Minière du Haut Katanga from Katanga Province in the Belgian Congo.

The only country that deserves to be called African Nation in colonial Africa was Ethiopia, under Italian occupation in 1939 but by 5 May 1941, Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia had returned to Addis Ababa to reclaim his throne. All the Congolese "African Nations" cities need to become Belgian.

:confused: What do you mean? The zero can intercept and it can perform air strikes. Just checked it.

Well, i wish i could, but like i said before, i lack that kind of modding skill. But i agree with you.

My bad, Zeros were set on Intercept mission from the get go, that's why I did not see the corresponding button.

Just checked how Torp Bombers work. Very neat -- after one uses regular bombers torp bombers can really sink a damaged ship in the water. The port is a safe zone though, so to recreate Pearl Harbor situation main American fleet has to be initially placed in 2-3 not very big stacks on the water next to the port and also given 0 MP on the onset of Dec'41 scenario (USA starts first and can move units before they are attacked). The reason one needs more than one stack is that all the ships have to be very damaged before Torp Bombers can sink any.

What was the main reason for all the units to use enemy roads again? If anything, partisan activity was making difficult to use former enemy roads, deep behind the front lines, to say nothing about roads of the regions which have not been captured yet! Very unrealistic ability!

Well, the basic settings without the commando option just consumes too much of the movement points per unit. Even with movement 2 you can do only one, if lucky. In this way a movement of 3 is 3 moves. So in general, you have to physically defend your borders. It takes much more time to manage but i think it is more realistic. Blitzkrieg is better used this way.
Roads become more important, and you can sabotage the enemies roads with them. Although the AI does not make good use of partisans.

Also, what kind of African Nations do we have for 1939 and 1941 maps
Well, i did it to counter the fact that England is/gets way too strong. I've made the nation vassal of england so it is likely that they free themselves at some point. It did not happen in my tests yet, India did once. So England can take whatever it needs from the african nations. So for the the start of wwII it is not realistic but the post WWII world makes it more realistic.

Top Bottom