WW II December 1941

Another thought...

Perhaps also keep Britain at peace, but give it a defense pact with Belgium. That also would be realistic, and would trigger a British declaration of war if Germany does a Schlieffen Plan, just as in OTL.

Last edited:
Ok, here's something I'm working on, for the 1914 Scenario--I call it "1914-Peace" It begins on the last week of July, 1914. I've set up the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente (Defensive Pacts), along with Defensive Pacts between Britain and Portugal (because that's the world's oldest alliance), Serbia and Russia, and Belgium and Britain. I also moved Australia, New Zealand, and Canada as Vassals of Great Britain, and the Philippines as a vassal of the United States. The world is at peace, except for Russia and the USSR. We'll see how long that lasts, and when war starts, how many alliances hold up (which I guess really depends on who declares war first).

I understand what you did and why. But the reason i cept it all open was so the 1914 scenario can evolve better into more modern times. A lot of vassals cant ever break free. And if the vassal option is in it becomes a mess with many nations becoming master and vassal. I gave it a try once. But hey you are free to do with it what you want and we can include it as an optional scenario

I understand what you did and why. But the reason i cept it all open was so the 1914 scenario can evolve better into more modern times. A lot of vassals cant ever break free. And if the vassal option is in it becomes a mess with many nations becoming master and vassal. I gave it a try once. But hey you are free to do with it what you want and we can include it as an optional scenario

I tried turning vassals on, but that does cause problems. However, even with them off, you can edit the nations to be vassals--there just can't be new ones.

I noticed quite a few of the British vassals did break free pretty early on, but it's still holding some.

I think tweaking the relationships might be good, too--some nations have bad attitudes about others that they won't shake.

I did see that peace makes it a lot easier to develop. And paying tribute/demands does keep peace for awhile.

would u please make i can select game level ? i can play it only the hardest one ... how can i change this ? :) and game speed

would u please make i can select game level ? i can play it only the hardest one ... how can i change this ? :) and game speed

Im constantly balancing game speed an difficulty . So for for example USA and Soviet Union play way more difficult than a nation like Poland. And i have many maps so im not making more with options. You can however easily change the setting yourself. Its not very difficult.
Locate the map you want and (C:\your folder\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WW II December 1941\PrivateMaps) and open the map with a text editor (like Notepad++, its free).

Delete these lines or one of them, wathever wich you prefer:
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_SPEED
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_HANDICAP

Then save the map and you can change both ingame.
Pm me if you need any help with this.

Shouldn't poland like not exist in 1941?

Yes, I know you have different starts but it's in the name of the mod and I couldn't resist,

Ah, now thats a good question. ASAP, wich means when im done playtesting. The problem with playtesting is that it is too much fun and gives me new lists with things i need to ajust. Ill hurry as fast as i can:rotfl:
The very fact that you are working on this in 2022 is remarkable!

Hi skyfire,

first of all your work is still unbelieveable und awesome, really !
I like all the units and your work. It is such a depth in gaming.

But in my opinion you have chosen the wrong base version for all of your lovely modding work.

Why I think so ?

Let me show the pros and cons playing Germany:

Pros:
- outstanding number of units and well placed research tree
- very large and nice world map
- lots of units placeing, named and it looks very balanced from the beginning of the scenario

Cons:
- AI is to weak - regardless what I tried - they build even too less units for my felling - I changed difficulty, etc. manually
- Almost no attacks of england, france from (even from north africa) or any other country, except Russia
- But even Russia is more interested to devolp citys, instead of building units and attack me
- missing some features like airplane can attack other airplanes and of course no airplane automatic recon missions
- even england and usa building only very seldom any new ships - so the sea is mine :)

the worst part:
- I have never been attacked from USA, Canada or England on main Europe during several Games

In the end, I always conquer Europe then England, Russia+Scandinavia, Africa+Asia and the attack USA
It is the same on all maps I tried, 1937,1939,1941,1943.

Just to make sure, it is not your fault - I think there is something wrong with the base mod you are using.

But thats all working in the other wolrd war 1339 Mod. I wish you would do all your work in this Mod.
There you have all the feature here missing, and most importend you will be attacked all the time from anyone :)

The USA alway starting convoys to bring strong troops to Europe.

I wish I could convince and support you changeing the base mod for your modding.

Or what do you and others think ?
Is that all only a problem for me ?

Please do NOT understand this as criticism on you or your work, it is just my personal observation.

best regards

OnkelM

Please do NOT understand this as criticism on you or your work, it is just my personal observation.
Oh i like criticism like this. And i certainly agree on almost all of what you say.
A year a go i really looked to search for a new base to mod. Thing is it is a looot of work to start all over.
The reason i chose dacubz 1914 mod because it is the biggest one around. The ww 1939 mod is just too small. It is one of the mods that inspired me to make my own, together with Kiwits RtW, MaxRiga and earth 2010 from barbarian king.
Now the AI sucks in general i think. I cant remember it was any good in the ww 1939 mod.
The best solution would be someone with the skills to implement improvement on the mod that could bring a solution to what you mentioned. :)

Thanks again for the review :thumbsup:.

Ill play the 1939 mod a few turns for inspiration. And maybe...

Hi,
thanks for your reply and understanding.
What about any newer Mod which a lot of feature improvements and which is still active and maintained ?

Like chronicles of mankind or caveman2cosmos ?
With all new features included, like:
field of view slider, great person and great general progress bar on main screen, BUG Mod included, MORE Diplomacy, Air units with air strike,port airbomb, factory airbomb, fighter engagement and recon mission.

Of course, I can only imagine how much work you did already and how much work this would be.

But I think, as much as I like your work and all the units, at the end it is about playing.
Unfortunately this is becoming sad, due to lack of ability on the computer turn side.

However you will finally decide I will alwas keep an eye on your mod and the improvements :)

BTW, have you got the latest 1939 Mod ? I do have the world_war_ii_-_1939_mod_2.80.exe
I think it was the latest relaese.

best regards

OnkelM

Last edited:
I have played a few turns of the suggested mods. Caveman2cosmos doesnt seem to have any big maps. Cronicles of mankind however looks more promising. Evenly big maps as my current mod. But it requires al lot of work and of course i have to ask permission from the authors.
The 1939 mod lacks map size and only 40 civs, i want at least 50... The athmosphere is great though.

Top Bottom