[Xtended] Things, Typos, & Bugs...

I can't change my civic to eternal court when playing as Aos Si, even though I have researched the required technology for that.
You need to adopt Winter Court civic and complete Winter Restoration ritual. Then, you need to complete Eternal Restoration ritual. Then, you can change into Eternal Court.

I can't activate the world spell of Mazatl. Maybe there are some requirements I'm missing, but I don't think so.
You need to have 12 Wyvern Guardians to cast the spell. I added tool tip on this for 5.5.

Have you done Winter and Summer restoration projects as Aos Si?

EDIT : Ah Esvath answered while I wrote this xD
One warning though, after switching to Eternal Court, you cannot build sawmills and camps on eternal forests (or whatever are they called) only mines and quarries

Last edited:
Have you done Winter and Summer restoration projects as Aos Si?
You need to adopt Winter Court civic and complete Winter Restoration ritual. Then, you need to complete Eternal Restoration ritual. Then, you can change into Eternal Court.
Ok, thanks for the explanation.
I was wondering what these rituals do anyway because I build the summer restoration ritual and didn't see any effect.

Let me know please what improvements will you be able to build on those forests after auto-terraforming or provide save, it might be bug not sure

After switching to Eternal Court, you cannot build sawmills and camps on eternal forests (or whatever are they called) only mines and quarries
Let me know please what improvements will you be able to build on those forests after auto-terraforming or provide save, it might be bug not sure

I can build all on this terrain possible improvements, including camps and sawmills. Here is save.

Attachments

• Tim AD-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    502.4 KB · Views: 68
You are right it is working, so there was some problem in my game, thank you!

'Orcish' Adventurers only have 2 upgrade choices, but Austrin Adventurers turn into Orcish 'Chieftains' if you select the upgrade option that costs 800gp.

I assume it's a bug that my; Evil, Agnostic, Illians, are being given the option to build the Mercurian Gate?

Canonically Basium despises Sucellus, whom the Illians also hate, so they are not such a bad match.

An Evil civ following the Council of Esus summoning Basium also makes sense, as Esus (despite being evil) does not care much for demons or the undead and actually led the Svartalfar to fight against Tebryn and Ceridwen in order to save the world from Armageddon.

The Overlords use both demons and the undead and are strongly influenced by the supremely evil Hastur, Lord of Nightmares, so it is canonically nearly as incompatible with the Mercurians as the Veil.

Canonically Basium despises Sucellus, whom the Illians also hate, so they are not such a bad match.

An Evil civ following the Council of Esus summoning Basium also makes sense, as Esus (despite being evil) does not care much for demons or the undead and actually led the Svartalfar to fight against Tebryn and Ceridwen in order to save the world from Armageddon.

The Overlords use both demons and the undead and are strongly influenced by the supremely evil Hastur, Lord of Nightmares, so it is canonically nearly as incompatible with the Mercurians as the Veil.
Thanks for the insight, MC. I might ban OO civ from summoning Basium as well in future version.

CTD next turn, right after Lanun declare war.

Edit: Yes, the culprit was the Lanun. No more CTD after deleting their only city. Don't know exactly what about them was causing the crash, though. Deleting their units without deleting the city still causes a crash.

Edit2: CTD again 5 turns later (turn 672). It may not have been the Lanun after all. May have been a unit targeting the Lanun city, maybe?

Edit3: Now trying deleting nations one at a time at turn 667. What is interesting is when I delete Khazad and Grigori together, no crash. But when I delete only Khazad or only Grigori, CTD.

Attachments

• Onur AD-0667.CivBeyondSwordSave
    873.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Last edited:
Should the "+2 Strength" Techs maybe only apply to units in the same research chain?
I had once (a few years ago) this discussion with Sephi... He told me that it would be close to impossible. Or at least you would need as many "counters" as there are research-chains. and it would be too complicated.
Currently the dll only looks "allowed to use the free xp : Y/N : if yes, apply X"

Dear Esvath : 2 questions re-Aos-Si
how do one get Larcinsidh ? I'm in Eternal court... and cannot build him.

true green fairie is worse than "normal" green fairie : 20% in eternal woods double movement in eternal wood is worse than 20% in forest/ancientforest double movement in forest/ancient forest... as it narrows the bonus to inside country... while you already had similar bonus for inside country using "green fairie".
I propose: "true green fairie" 40% str in Forest / Ancient Forest / Jungle / Deep Jungle / Eternal Wood + double mvt in those.
(green fairie is 20% str in F, AF, double mvt in F, AF)
(to be noted: all other color--> true color fairie shift doubles the bonus.... true white fairie get 2ice damage instead of 1...etc)

the eternal court is hard for cities : lower food intake than summer court and not fallow like winter. (but that's manageable.... it's the corolary for increased commerce... but that's hard on hill heavy cities.. with 0 food on hills instead of 1. : while 3-2 is a "manageable" variation, 1-0 is a big variation. The 1 food was important: with 3 deers that's 1.9F.

You can discover mana nodes on dimensional portal tiles with a sage, but you cannot use your arcane units to improve the node.

Top Bottom