[Xtended] Things, Typos, & Bugs...

And making some reports, Larincsidhe (the avatar from Aos Sí) need to get some strenght in <icombat> or he won't be able to attack. I do this change myself to the game for as long as i remember when he got to the game. I usually use 10 as base. In my vision, he is to be a very end-game unit and is suposed to be powerfull. And, i noticed that he got a change in his Immortality trait. I usually give him the same as the Fae Lords.

Still talking about Aos Sí, i never understanded how the Eternal Fruits should be harvested as they don't get into the city resource screen unless they're inside the same square as the city. So, i usually put it be harvested with farms (could be plantation too, but i prefered to keep the farm as it is an evolved form of corn) and give it the same bonus in farms as with corns. It already give one more food than corn. And i give it a bonus percentage to the city food as corn too. I think you have much more knowledge than me in editing, but if you need the codes to that, let me know.

About my preferences, for Aos Sí, i usually add the Foxfire to the roster too, as i think it is pretty useless without it. The new change to how the Aos Sí get their mana from leaders, well, i think its very OP to give them fire mana from the start. Nature mana as their base mana balance a little them to a low start as it doesn't have good damage magics early on.

I made a lot of other changes in other civilizations units to try to balance them more to my liking, but i have to check on how they are right now, since last time i played was in 4.1 and a lot has changed.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the reply and for the amazing work in this awesome mod! I really think this is way better than Civ V and Beyond.

Some of the events that reference no longer used mana types are wonky. The library fire event says "send water adepts" but requires nature mana, so civs with water mana can't save their library even though the text of the event implies that they can.

Some of the events that reference no longer used mana types are wonky. The library fire event says "send water adepts" but requires nature mana, so civs with water mana can't save their library even though the text of the event implies that they can.
I'll change this one to Water mana.

Any other bugs with events requiring mana?

Larincsidhe (the avatar from Aos Sí) need to get some strenght in <icombat>
Yes, he will get some combat value.

i never understanded how the Eternal Fruits should be harvested as they don't get into the city resource screen unless they're inside the same square as the city.
Hmm, that's weird. I thought I have made Eternal Fruit accessible through plantation. I'll check the code.

i usually add the Foxfire to the roster too.
Most magical beasts do not gain strength through techs. This also allows subtle difference between leaders with regard to their early game strategies.

Siege Units cant get promotions, so promotions like accuracy and warmachine discipline are useless

Last edited:
Not sure if intended, but bannor improvements like the ones in cottage line and in trade post line don't grow up if you don't have the city governours civic.

Bannor trait gives -50% growth rate for improvements and city governors givies +100% growth rate, but if you abandon this civic, this -50% growth totally nullifies their growth. If you come back to city governours, the improvents begin to grow again.

Siege Units cant get promotions, so promotions like accuracy and warmachine discipline are useless
Yes, I changed this a few versions ago.

With changes to siege units (weaker at start, gain +affinity from Timber), I think I will open them to promotions.

Not sure if intended, but bannor improvements like the ones in cottage line and in trade post line don't grow up if you don't have the city governours civic.

Bannor trait gives -50% growth rate for improvements and city governors givies +100% growth rate, but if you abandon this civic, this -50% growth totally nullifies their growth. If you come back to city governours, the improvents begin to grow again.

Their trait should increase growth rate, not decrease it. I will check this.

Another bug:

I can't sacrifice living units in cities with demon's altar

Will check on this too!

Lurchuirp AI definitely does not understand artificer- golem mechanics. Researchng magic line for artificers was not a priority for AI too.

Winters grasp curse - by tooltip on enemy - reduces "winter dmg" to enemies, but should be "reduces winter dmg resistance"

wraiths and frost golem as barbs are too strong - roaming wraiths and golems may hamper AI seriously. I'd reduce their base strenght by 2

Last edited:
Lurchuirp AI definitely does not understand artificer- golem mechanics. Researchng magic line for artificers was not a priority for AI too.
Yes, AI Luchuirp is having difficulties with the concept of Artificers and golems. The AI remains competitive because golems are stronger than regular units and should be mass produced (instead of groomed into higher level). But coding AI is beyond my capability, so we'll have to leave it for this moment being.

Larincsidhe- I'm playing this leader - already researched arcane lore and did summer and winter and eternal restoration- still cant get him as a avatar - something missing ?

Summoning circle building is not working

Last edited:
did you change to the eternal court civic ?

Gaping Wound is not going away.

Several units with it healing in one of my cities, even with a priest around. It never goes away.

When i buy a Healing Salve and get them fully healed that way, never moving before or after, sitting in a city. Next turn, they are damaged and Gaping Wound is still there.

Perhaps the mechanic 1st deals its damage, then 2nd checks if the unit is undamaged to see if it can remove itself - which can never happen.

Summoning circle building is not working
I have checked and apparently it might be coded in the DLL. The best option is just disable it altogether.

Larincsidhe- I'm playing this leader - already researched arcane lore and did summer and winter and eternal restoration- still cant get him as a avatar - something missing ?
- Change to Eternal Court civic.
- Build/level up 4 Fae Lords.
- Create Return to Glory project.
- You will get Larincidhe.

Have you done all the steps required?

Gaping Wound is not going away.

Several units with it healing in one of my cities, even with a priest around. It never goes away.

When i buy a Healing Salve and get them fully healed that way, never moving before or after, sitting in a city. Next turn, they are damaged and Gaping Wound is still there.

Perhaps the mechanic 1st deals its damage, then 2nd checks if the unit is undamaged to see if it can remove itself - which can never happen.
Fixed.

- Change to Eternal Court civic.
- Build/level up 4 Fae Lords.
- Create Return to Glory project.
- You will get Larincidhe.

thanx, but nothing is written at the pedia.... ok, lessgooo after fae lords.....

at conquered capitals this "centralized empire" building remains although city has changed a owner ( and is not a capital). Also you get mana bonus from this former capital

Last edited:
Hi, esvath. Thanks for your great work with MoM xtended! I recently started this mod and found it a masterpiece!

I am currently having an issue that the maps generated by th py files in 5.6 provide me with no unique features other than maelstrom and remnants of patria. I tried the files from 5.5 but they gave me one more mirror of heaven and no more. And it seems that these features appear in every map I have... Strangely, 'Erebus.py' from vanilla FFH2 would generate a map with reasonable displacement of other unique features. I installed as you have suggested in your publishing post. And this problem did not appear for vanilla MoM 2.11.

Also, are there any additional requirements for wildhunting (Aos Si spell) or the wyvern dragon (Mazatl hero) other than listed in the pedia? I am not seeming to get neither of them.

Lastly, just a comment on the barbarian mechanism... I don't think it's that big a problem for human players, but AI Clan seems to be always winning from this mechanism, establishing infinitely many new cities and annexing anyone they could around middle game. Any thought on how to balance that?

I am currently having an issue that the maps generated by th py files in 5.6 provide me with no unique features other than maelstrom and remnants of patria.
Which map scripts were you using? I tried using all MOM_xyz map scripts and the unique features were spawned correctly.

wildhunting (Aos Si spell)
It's a bug. Fixed, thanks!

the wyvern dragon (Mazatl hero)
I don't see anything wrong with the code. Did you have 12 Wyvern Guardians and in a city?

AI Clan seems to be always winning from this mechanism, establishing infinitely many new cities and annexing anyone they could around middle game. Any thought on how to balance that?
Clan of Embers, or any civ with Barbarian trait, benefits greatly from their peace with barbarians. However, these civs are penalised by reduced science and usually unable to build higher tier buildings and units. Thus, kill them early.

Which map scripts were you using? I tried using all MOM_xyz map scripts and the unique features were spawned correctly.

It's a bug. Fixed, thanks!

I don't see anything wrong with the code. Did you have 12 Wyvern Guardians and in a city?

Clan of Embers, or any civ with Barbarian trait, benefits greatly from their peace with barbarians. However, these civs are penalised by reduced science and usually unable to build higher tier buildings and units. Thus, kill them early.

Thanks for your replies. I was using 'Erebus' and 'ErebusContinent' maps, and I guess that's the problem.

I had some misunderstanding with the Mazatle... Don't worry with that one, I figured it out.

I don't find fighting a huge Clan a problem itself. Instead, the problem for me is that it seems the Clan always become the major antagonist (if they are in the game), and they suck in this role due to their penalty in tech that they are not really as powerful or challenging as others could be. For example, a 15-city Bannor or Sheaim in around turn 300 would be totally different from a 15-city Clan. I am wondering if there could be events or promotions to reduce the negative effects from barbarians for other AIs.

Top Bottom