1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

A question about the options for the Terra map, say that I provide the following options for the new world:

• Earth (same shape as the Largest Earth New World, re-scaled to the selected map size)
    • Earth + randomized coast (same as above, but with some randomness in the coasts)
    • Pangea
    • Continents
    • Large islands
    • Islands
    • Random
    • Custom (to directly select the water percentage, fractal grain, fractal resolution)
    Should the "Random" option be able to select one of the two "Earth-like" options, or just one selected in {Pangea, Continents, Large Islands, Islands}

(The custom option including its own "Random" option)

edit: @God of Kings I can only try to make it so the code wil not discard this when generating the map, reading that this was generated by the pangea script, nothing will prevent it to happen, but it has a very low probability to happen again.

But using "random" in "custom" will surely allow to create some highly improbable shape.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. dukisha

dukisha Chieftain

In the whole Europe there is not a single aluminum. Does somebody else have this problem?
    It's giant earth map.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Which options ?

4. dukisha

dukisha Chieftain

Resource position map generated, activated civilization's unique resources.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Could happen then, IIRC the base game allow it on desert or snow, you could try the addon for tweaked resource placement.

6. cometheart

cometheart Chieftain

Could you add the city state of Lhasa to your map? in the civ 6 game we already have the potala palace yet we can't find Lhasa in a proper earth map?
    the city state of Lhasa could give its owner -50% production towards building the potala palace.

Also, maybe rename Hong kong as Canton will be better, because Canton and Hong kong is more or less in the same spot, but Canton is more historically significant.

7. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Canton is already in the game: Guangzhou.

8. God of Kings

There should be two random options: one excluding Earth-like options and one including Earth-like options.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I can't add more options if I want to release this one day (as options affect each others, the development cost of adding just one could be exponential)

10. God of Kings

Ah.

I would wait for others to reply as well.

11. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Just thought I'd mention:

Getting the mod that gives CS's free walls from the start of game, and the mod that gives embarking with sailing, really helps with CS conquest spam and ai settling on the Giant Earth map. Spain and England are doing much better.

12. Sobaka

Sobaka Chieftain

Unrelated questions 1) based on looking at the whales on the map. Ever since the last update, on giant size, not a single whale or pearls has been generated in countless games. Playing with island plates. Is there a reason for this?

2) Has there been any fix to the ludicrous size? It still crashes just after start up, every time. It was fine before the summer patch.

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

1/ can't reproduce, maybe because of some changes on my dev version ?
    2/ the size has been reduced for script (github version should work), but the largest earth is still unstable.

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've added the options to the setup screen for the Terra Map script, but only a few are already coded in game.

Here are 3 consecutive map generation with 2 landmasses at custom 2:1 small size:

• Continent (Old World) + Large Islands (New World)
    00_continent_largeIslands.jpg

• Small Continent (Old World) + Small Islands (New World)
    01_smallcont_smallislands.jpg

• Pangea (Old World) + Continent (New World)
    02_pangea_continent.jpg

15. psychodropnear

psychodropnear Chieftain

Once I'm into exploration and discover Iceland and maybe part of Africa, all sounds except for ambient sound stops working. Other people have fixed the problem by "reveal all" but the only way I can get sound back is to save and reload. It's a real problem as when it starts around turn 150-200 the reload time takes ages and I have to reload every 3 turns or so. So most of my time is spent reloading instead of actually playing.
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It's driving me nuts, I can't even finish a game because the lack of sound and constant reloading makes it unplayable.
    Please help!
    BTW It's happening on the Giant Earth (180x94).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

That's the kind of bug that can only be fixed by Firaxis I'm afraid...

I've updated GitHub, the Terra Map script is done and ready for testing with a lot of options.

Code:
    - implement all options for the Terra Map script
    - add specific placement helper for Natural Wonders when using relative (to real earth) position
    Let me know how it works for you, screenshots of generated map welcome if something looks wrong (with setting used please)

17. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

You need to keep exploring the map more.

Originally this bug happened to me at the same spots you are describing. If I discovered Iceland, sound would cut out until I got down to southern Africa. If I discovered southern Africa first, sound would cut out until I got to Iceland. Lately the dead zones seem to have moved. But the sound always comes back after I hit a certain point. Its possible that someone did something while editing the map that moved them. I don't know. I think now they are at Japan and Australia for me. But regardless of where the dead zones are, finding the second always brings the sound back. It actually comes back without having to reload, you'll notice it. Once you are able to pin point them, you can hustle from one to the other to reduce the amount of play time without sound. Usually when you hit one, you will notice the camera jerk around a bit, moving off your unit. I'm so used it now, it doesn't really annoy me anymore, as I'm certain its only a matter of turns before the sound comes back. Thankfully the city-state heavy hitters are all coastal (except for Geneva, but she's really only handy late-game), so there is incentive to explore the map east to west quite early.

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

When you use the "import" option for Natural Wonders on the Terra Map, the code will try to place them at the relative coordinates of the real earth, no matter what...
    SeaOfHimalaya.jpg

agonistes and God of Kings like this.
  19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

New update on gitHub
    Code:
    - code fallback functions to select starting location for Civilizations or City States based on (simple) fertility calculation.
    - use the above functions to fix a few loading bugs, especially when too many Civilizations are selected for a map size.
    - bug fixes to the culturally linked placement that was failing on largest maps with too many civilizations.
    - add new option when selecting "TSL" to allow Civilization without TSL to be placed on the map anyway.
    - add new option to allow City States to be placed on the New World when using "old world only" for major Civilizations.
    Hoping for a release this week.

20. psychodropnear

psychodropnear Chieftain

Thanks for your help!
    If I hit point A then send another unit to hit point B, does the unit need to hit one tile in particular in order to restore sound or does it just need to be in sight of the tile?
    I did try and sit a scout at Iceland and then another one to find the point in South Africa but no luck unfortunately . I'm getting the feeling that my point have changed to, the sound seemed to go when I was exploring North America and I also had one in Scandinavia.
    Does the Iceland unit need to move away for my South Africa unit to be effective?
    If the sound does come back, will it mute again if I hit those spots or is it completely fixed and I won't have to keep hitting point B after I hit point A?
    Thanks again for the help, hopefully I'll be able to fix it.