YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I've had no trouble on Giant Earth Map (230 x 115) at prince, king or emperor level.

The civs are doing fine: fighting amongst themselves, building multiple cities, attacking and
taking city states, exploring the whole world, developing science and culture, as I expected.

Same (except only paying Prince). Current game as China on v. 7 I'm seeing multiple civs with pretty big empires.

Would be nice to give England's cliffs some food/shield value too. They are short on space as is.

Tile in France for Mont St. Michel please, if you get a chance.

Playing on giant earth, 30 players, i am kinda late choosing a pantheon but, um, there are no pantheons to choose from and i am stuck, is it possible that the 30 guys before me chose all beliefs and there are none left for me?!?!? Can't progress past "choose a pantheon".
That should have been solved in alpha 5 I think, which version have you started your game with ?

A question (or two) on the Greatest map (haven't tried out the Old World yet): Is Hongkong still on Taiwan instead of where it is on GEM? Would it be possible to add two entrances to Tibet (as in GEM)? It's a bit silly to have an area on the map which is totally inacessible (especially silly for Tibetans).
Tibet added to the to do, yes.

I'll repeat my request in case you missed it.

Can you please add an option to make Istanbul Bosphorus walkable with only one tile so a city built on this tile can connect Black sea to Aegean see?

I edited the necessary line for you:
MapToConvert[32][60]={0,2,-1,4,{{0,-1},{0,-1},{1,4}},{-1,0}}
thanks, it's not that simple (not if you want it to be an actual option I mean), but I've added it to the to do.
Hey Gedemon!! I'm loving your work. But as a Canadian there's some big improvements that need to be done to the Canadian areas of this map. For example the west coast needs to be mostly grassland forest where there aren't mountains not tundra. Its a temperate rainforest there. Anyways there's just a lot of work that should be done climatically to lots of area, mainly forest placement where there is tundra or placing tundra where snow is now. I guess its hard to show you. Maybe I'll try screen shots. All in all, just a Canadian that hates the stereotype that it's a frozen wasteland north of the US. Thank you for reading.
I've imported the map, I don't plan massive change to the original maps ATM.

But if you can provide screenshots with details of what should be changed, I'll put it on the to do. For Scandinavia too BTW, I know that the people there don't like this stereotype too :)

I'll try to do what I had changed for the civ5 YnAEMP first, with more plains and less tundra in North America and Scandinavia compared to the original GEM from civ4.

Ok, I figured out the mystery of the work with the FireTuner panels and receiving the MapToConvert data. But I have a different problem: I would like to edit an existing map 180x94 in your TSL-mod (only for my own purposes and conveniences). As I have found the current Civ6 WorldBuilder saves maps in Civ6Map format only (which can not yet be used to create games).

Converting my version of your map 180x94 using civ5map2lua 1.0,2 utility was a bad idea - the game is crashed.
It turns out that my only way is to take the original GEM-map edited in Civ5-WB-, create the Civ5-game with it and get necessary data for my lua-map through your lua-scripts...
But is there any option for me to convert the map (edited in WB-Civ6) in lua-format friendly for Civ6?

Alpha 7, marathon, giant earth map, import resources, standard rules, no barbs/no goody huts, no victory conditions... just entered Industrial, nothing to report. Discovered lots of new wonders. Probably start a new game tonight. I guess at some point I should play through until all the strategic resources are shown, eh?

Since you seem to be expanding the mod to cover some rule changes, allowing subs under ice again would be cool.

Traveling by boat around Spain, it looks like Philip has literally, I mean literally, covered every available tile with a heavy chariot, and even some of the coast tiles and parts of Africa. I suspect this has something to do with the large army agenda. Are you planning on any agenda tweaks, or waiting til after patches?

I've been playing GEM Alpha7 for a while now as Norway on Prince, turn 223. Everything is very stable. Civs are expanding and fighting.

I got DOW'd by Peter and Vickie t207, my only fighting (I decided to just explore). 4 home cities, plus I have 3 cities near the Gulf of Mexico and one in the Amazon - barbs are tough at times. Hojo has been exploring a lot, even sending Missionaries to N America. I still haven't revealed much of Asia or Africa, I haven't met Scythia or Aztecs, at least one was in the game previously I think (unkown civ in Score). I explored all coasts worldwide early.

Top civs in Score are Me, Russia, Germany, Rome, India. Worst is Greece, then France, Spain, and Arabia.

My wish list would include some form of smaller map. Lots more CS if that is possible, even if they are just copies.

Thanks for all the work, Gedemon!

Lots more CS if that is possible, even if they are just copies.

I've been assuming that there will be a major city-state pass in the future. I know he mentioned adding some more in already. Europe seems decent for CSs, probably don't want any more there. Obviously it depends on what Civs are added later, but maybe a Mongolian CS? That portion of the map is kinda empty. Indonesia areas could use more... maybe Singapore would be nice. Think there is just Kandy and Jakarta in that region atm. Also, Australia/New Zealand is empty. I miss Cape Town, it was always one of my favorites for some reason. Panama would be nice too. Can boats use allied CSs as canals in VI? If so, Constantinople might be handy. Although Europe down to Arabia is pretty stacked already. Casablanca might be another one. Perhaps Dublin? City States are always fun.

I've just realized, the aforementioned crashes don't only happen with Japan, they also happen with Norway. So it might not be a problem with Japan after all. What could it be? And why do only some people have it?
I've already tried reinstalling the game, didn't help. Also, lowing the graphics to minimum didn't change anything.
I'm running on Windows 10 64 bit by the way... if that's of any use...

What could it be? And why do only some people have it?.
FWIW, I went from Alpha3 to Alpha7. I never cleared cache or anything - just deleted the old folder in Mods, I believe. So maybe some "friendly" remnants of Alpha 3 were left over? :crazyeye:

But is there any option for me to convert the map (edited in WB-Civ6) in lua-format friendly for Civ6?
the export code for civ5 can be ported to civ6, more or less quickly depending if we can access plots function related to rivers placement. I may do it at some point.

Alpha 7, marathon, giant earth map, import resources, standard rules, no barbs/no goody huts, no victory conditions... just entered Industrial, nothing to report. Discovered lots of new wonders. Probably start a new game tonight. I guess at some point I should play through until all the strategic resources are shown, eh?

Since you seem to be expanding the mod to cover some rule changes, allowing subs under ice again would be cool.

Traveling by boat around Spain, it looks like Philip has literally, I mean literally, covered every available tile with a heavy chariot, and even some of the coast tiles and parts of Africa. I suspect this has something to do with the large army agenda. Are you planning on any agenda tweaks, or waiting til after patches?
I don't plan any balance related to the base game, waiting for patches, but I will change and add things for the map, with their own balance, when I can.

For example, after TSL, next thing coming to mind is true starting dates.

But yeah, carpets of doom seems to be a major problem here, something we'll have to look at if the patches doesn't fix it.

I've just realized, the aforementioned crashes don't only happen with Japan, they also happen with Norway. So it might not be a problem with Japan after all. What could it be? And why do only some people have it?
I've already tried reinstalling the game, didn't help. Also, lowing the graphics to minimum didn't change anything.
I'm running on Windows 10 64 bit by the way... if that's of any use...
ATM a save just before the crash may help to pinpoint the problem(s), already got one, but a few more are welcome.

the export code for civ5 can be ported to civ6, more or less quickly depending if we can access plots function related to rivers placement. I may do it at some point.
I shall be extremely grateful to you.
To my great regret, I am quite ignorant in Lua=((

Tibet added to the to do, yes.

Cool. But does that mean Hongkong is staying on Taiwan? :confused:

I've also noticed that the Hawaiian Islands are ridiculously over-sized. It can be easily fixed though by simply removing the Big Island.

Last edited:
Cool. But does that mean Hongkong is staying on Taiwan? :confused:

I've also noticed that the Hawaiian Islands are ridiculously over-sized. It can be easily fixed though by simply removing the Big Island.
It simply means that I have not checked that yet.

I've started a game as Gorgo on the GEM and found that there appears to be another Gorgo sharing space with me?

upload_2016-11-8_11-50-20.png

I have played the earth giant and that's what it does to my pc! only 87 turns!!!
the best work here I have seen!

Playing Alpha 7 as Aztecs. My Eagle warriors have not captured any builders yet despite a lot of action and I'm in the gunpowder age. Didn't see anything in the bug report for the base game. Could it be a mod bug?

Top Bottom