YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Do the rulesets only work on the Earth maps? I keep trying Earth Light for increased distance between start locations and I still have two neighbors right on top of me despite playing on Ludicrous size with only 16 players?

TESTRESULT
PLAY EUROPE GAMEPLAY Version
Europe Map adapted for 5 hex City Distance and MP Games

with 15 Civs and 12 City States:
TSL starting positions WHERE POSSIBLE
Russia moved to St.Petersburg
Greece Gorgo moved to Macedonia
Athen moved to sea :)
Persia moved to Damascus
Epypt moved to Cairo
To fill the large empty space:
- China moved to East Europe to come in from North East -> the Red Wave :)
- Kongo moved to South West Marocco

Some Citystates moved to fit with the 5 hex rule, but all are there !

HERE the Endpositions, after a social Victory from Russia (Me) Epic,
Prince settings (as with all other higher settings, you could only win with a Domination Victory)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795889054

Changed Ruleset :
-- Rules and Barbarians
INSERT INTO Feature_YieldChanges (FeatureType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('FEATURE_CLIFFS_DOVER', 'YIELD_FOOD', '2');
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value = '5' WHERE Name = 'CITY_MIN_RANGE';
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='1' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MAX_PER_MAJOR_CIV';
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='4' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_ODDS_OF_NEW_CAMP_SPAWNING';
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='4' WHERE Name="BARBARIAN_CAMP_COASTAL_SPAWN_ROLL";
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='5' WHERE Name="BARBARIAN_CAMP_MINIMUM_DISTANCE_ANOTHER_CAMP";
-- More moves on roads
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.75 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_ANCIENT_ROAD";
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.50 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_MEDIEVAL_ROAD";
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.33 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_INDUSTRIAL_ROAD";
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.25 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_MODERN_ROAD";

If some one is intrested here the edited startingpositions from Alpha 7

PLEDGE: could someone add all the cliffs to the map ... I think it is a terrible long boring work :)

Attachments

• Map_PlayEuropeAgain.xml
    4.5 KB · Views: 127
PLEDGE: could someone add all the cliffs to the map ... I think it is a terrible long boring work :)

I have already added cliffs for the Giant Earth and Europe (Gedemon has it), the Greatest Earth is not yet completed. It should be done anytime this week, I hope tomorrow. I think they will be implemented when all maps are done.

Last edited:
Is someone able to add a few european wonders?
Mount Everest as Matterhorn in Swisserland
Piopiotahi as Trondheim Fjorde in Norway
Great Lake as Tritonis Lacus (Antic Name) or now called Schott el Dscherid in Tunesia
Yosemite as Biogradska Gora in Montenegro

What do you think? Possible to just rename them?

Last edited:
Giant size doesn't work. It crashes game almost immediately. Its not an issue of computing power because Enormous and Ludicrous both load so it's specific to Giant. If it were an issue of computing power Ludicrous definitely wouldn't load. Running on max or minimum graphics doesn't make a difference. Any chance there is a fix for this? Giant is the size I wanted to play lol.

That should have been solved in alpha 5 I think, which version have you started your game with ?
I downloaded the mod on 30th oct, a week ago and i thought i was at latest version, but you are correct, omg i have 0.5, i will download the newest, thank you very much for fixing this and answering, cheers!

Loving the giant world map, great work! Although not helped by some of the bugs Civ6 has, such as being unable to name cities and the lame AI. Just a few suggestions for your next updates, although I am sure you have already thought of these...

- More city states to fill in the void from lack of AI expansions. These (if possible) could include Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Constantinople, Vancouver, Lisbon, Warsaw, Edinburgh, Dublin, Kiev, Toronto and Winnipeg.
- Coastal tiles simulating Bosporus, Suez Canal and Panama Canal
- Renaming of capital cities

Thanks so much and continue the good work!

Latest head of master crashes to desktop no matter what I do on game start. :(

Giant size doesn't work. It crashes game almost immediately. Its not an issue of computing power because Enormous and Ludicrous both load so it's specific to Giant. If it were an issue of computing power Ludicrous definitely wouldn't load. Running on max or minimum graphics doesn't make a difference. Any chance there is a fix for this? Giant is the size I wanted to play lol.

Both working here, can you post your lua.log from just after the crash please ?

I thought an Old World map start was included in the latest versions, but I don't see it listed as a feature?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot it was an option ;)

new game alpha 7 crashed on russias turn this time about 1600's giant earth map "light" avoiding until later patches :(

Attachments

• VICTORIA 236 1625 ADwarsp.Civ6Save
    5 MB · Views: 102
new game alpha 7 crashed on russias turn this time about 1600's giant earth map "light" avoiding until later patches :(
thanks for the save, but I can't use it as it requires some other mods.

oh yeah using 8 paces and pre patch yields forgot about those as england is starved of production - everything takes too long.

Both working here, can you post your lua.log from just after the crash please ?

Is the lua.log shown in an error message when the game crashes or is that recorded every execution somewhere in the game files? There is no error message shown when it CTD's the intro voice on the loading screen just stutters a little and it ctd's. when i leave everything set to default it is able to load a giant game. I'm currently trying different combinations of game settings to rule stuff out.

so far i have gotten it to crash by selecting the inland sea type map with giant

yup I just tried it with all the other settings I was using but not setting it to inland sea and it loads

inland sea seems to crash enormous and ludicrous too

only inland sea though just tried the other map types

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with 0.7, got to turn 77 and there are no pantheons! I am sure i installed 0.7, i dont see the version number anywhere of the extracted content aside from the zip to confirm that the installed version is indeed 0.7, but its funny how other players dont report the no pantheons bug.

edit: I disabled "civ 6 improvement patch", started new game, i got a hold of dyes so i was able to choose pantheon quite early and there were many pantheons, so not sure if the issue disappeared because i disabled the "civ 6 improvement patch" or because i am early.

Last edited:
For the people crashing on the bigger map sizes, have you edited your graphical settings?
For me most of the crashes were related to simply running out of free memory ending up in a crash while launching the game.
After I edited the settings pertaining to memory I haven't had a single crash (that wasn't caused by other mods)

on the europe map I can not find any goody hut - feature or bug ;-)

I have found a bug that I only encounter when using this mod. Does anyone have any idea how to restore the unit shields when playing on the largest map settings?

I'd post an image but I am barred from doing so apparently.

I cannot build any kinds of walls after using the Great Engineer James of St George who gives 2 city's Ancient and Medieval Walls. Alpha 7, still playing the Norway game, no other Mods. I did build Ancient Walls once before expending him, and strangely, all later cities can shoot city fire, even ones that don't show any wall-type graphics. I don't think the GE is buggy in vanilla, I seem to recall using him and building walls later in a regular game.

Top Bottom