YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Thanks for letting me know.
By the way, I cannot seem to create any farms on desert tiles on the Giant Earth Map. I was able to do it in Civ 5; is this a bug in Civ 6 base game?
Please let me know.
That's a Civ6 thing. You can't make farms on desert in vanilla.

Also, Gedemon do you have any image posts of the Greatest Earth and Europe maps? I've looked around but didn't find any of the entire maps, was interested in posting them to create a TSL multiplayer game thread on one of these maps.

Last edited:
That's a Civ6 thing. You can't make farms on desert in vanilla.

That is good to know.
I do believe that you can create farms on desert tiles as long as they have flood plains; the AI had them on those specific tiles but the plain desert tiles are virtually useless (or would have been if I did not have Desert Folklore).

That is good to know.
I do believe that you can create farms on desert tiles as long as they have flood plains; the AI had them on those specific tiles but the plain desert tiles are virtually useless (or would have been if I did not have Desert Folklore).
Yes, as of now desert floodplains only. It appears to be a design decision which somebody will eventually mod. You can't build districts or many wonders on floodplains either, unless you are Egypt. Desert cities should have farms on all the floodplains, and districts on flat desert, mines and such on hills IMO.

Some ideas how to rename a city state?
I want to change brussels into venice...

Fantastic mods, but I have problem with it.
When I achieve to the first choosing of belief, there's no choose and I cannot go to next turn.
Who knows, where the error is?
I have this game settings (ludicrous size map, 50civs and marathon game speed)

Hey just signed up, big fan of the old civ V map pack

I'm having some trouble setting up the game, I can't add more than 10 players, also I can't find half the maps including Enormous earth. Tried reading this whole thread and found nothing, does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Very excited to play

Go to Overview Tab under title

and it's explained under

known bugs: said:
  • Culturally Linked Location may fail when too many Civilizations are placed (it happens when the game can't find enough starting positions on a map for all Civilizations)
  • The max number of players value is set to a low number on the advanced setup screen and is not refreshed when you select one of the Real World map. As a work around, just change the map size for the default mapscript then select the map you want to use

Fantastic mods, but I have problem with it.
When I achieve to the first choosing of belief, there's no choose and I cannot go to next turn.
Who knows, where the error is?
I have this game settings (ludicrous size map, 50civs and marathon game speed)
Someone else who cannot choose a pantheon! I am not the only one with that error.
Gmvm an external fix would be:
1) to load a save 30 turns back or earlier, when you first saw other civs were choosing beliefs, if you dont have, start new game.
2) Download "cheat engine", open it, select civ 6 process.
3) at youtube there is a tutorial how to increase your faith so you can choose belief earlier and not get stuck but the idea is to put the number of faith, then click first scan, then push next turn then input new value of faith now click next scan, then next turn and repeat with next scan until you have 3-5 values in cheat engine list, right click on each and change value to 90, after you have 90 faith in game and choose pantheon revert the other values to their original value.

This is more of a cheating but it acts as a fix until the modder finds a way around it.
For those with performance issues, I found a max thread count setting in the "AppOptions" file under the C:\Users\DELLT7600\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI, set the threads to how many you have on your cpu. I have 16 physical cores (dual socket xeon) and all are computing now it runs great.

Like this:
[Performance]
;Number of engine job threads (including main thread). Use -1 to let game decide
MaxJobThreads 16
Thank you so much, my saves now load in 2 minutes with i5 4460 instead of 8 minutes, i wrote 16 in the appopt.txt, although between turns there is a minor lag but they are much shorter.

Last edited:
I think the following should help. I was able to change city names generally speaking (e.g. Cairo to Makkah).
If you want to change the modded city states, the concept should be very similar.

Change City Names
http://www.gamepur.com/guide/24727-easiest-way-raname-city-name-civilization-vi.html

@Gedemon ,
as it wouldn't be a good idea to change files in the vanilla game (MP problems, desync , disconnections, even not connecting ...),
could it be possible to include that file into the mod "FOR every Map", as on the Europe Map we would need different names, than on the Greatest Earth Map (here most has to be edited, as on that map most cities AND city states has to be placed somewhere !
That would be nice and would increase immersion !
THANK YOU !

For the Pantheon problems, it happens when there are more civs than pantheon in a game ? Is there a mod with more Pantheons yet ?

For CS I don't want to use renaming (because we use the Civilization tag for the placement and I don't want to have a CIVILIZATION_SEOUL reference into the europe map file to represent an European CS), but I'd like to add more (with special abilities copied from the existing CS and use the existing rules that already remove CS that don't fit)

"KEEP YOUR DISTANCE !"

an alternative TSL File for "The greatest World Map"
YOU WANT THEM ALL, but they should keep their distance for Districts !
Best played with 5 Hex City distance and still
ALL Civs and City States from Civ VI are
"near or on their TSL" ,
if they don't move in their first turn :)
For European Countries don't expect to found a second city, if you aren't fast and for some Civs it is near impossible, they have to look somewhere else or go to war ... there are 24 CS who are waiting ... In Europe best played as German :)

ALTERNATIVE files for YnAMP (Alpha 10 files)
Just for your fun and mine ... exchange the two files from the YnAMP (Alpha 10) and try it !!!
20 Civs (you have to change the map size first to giant and go to advanced settings , there back to "GreatestEarthMap" now you could choose all of them"),
if you choose ALL 20, you also will have all 24 CS in the game ...
have fun

Attachments

• YnAMP_5Hex.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but is there any chance of some more customization with the map generator settings? e.g. specify number of continents? so I can do a game with 3 continents and 3 civs per continent, for example.

Someone else who cannot choose a pantheon! I am not the only one with that error.
Gmvm an external fix would be:
1) to load a save 30 turns back or earlier, when you first saw other civs were choosing beliefs, if you dont have, start new game.
2) Download "cheat engine", open it, select civ 6 process.
3) at youtube there is a tutorial how to increase your faith so you can choose belief earlier and not get stuck but the idea is to put the number of faith, then click first scan, then push next turn then input new value of faith now click next scan, then next turn and repeat with next scan until you have 3-5 values in cheat engine list, right click on each and change value to 90, after you have 90 faith in game and choose pantheon revert the other values to their original value.

This is more of a cheating but it acts as a fix until the modder finds a way around it.

Thank you so much, my saves now load in 2 minutes with i5 4460 instead of 8 minutes, i wrote 16 in the appopt.txt, although between turns there is a minor lag but they are much shorter.

Thanks for your advice,
I have a rich experience with "cheat engine" from the time, when I played civ5.
I hope, the error will be fixed early.

Awsome maps. I have a problem though. I dont know if its the game or the mod, but around the 1670s (turn 164), my game just closes. No error or lag of any kind. Just quick out of the game and back to the deskop. Very strange. I play with the europe-map.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but is there any chance of some more customization with the map generator settings? e.g. specify number of continents? so I can do a game with 3 continents and 3 civs per continent, for example.
Maybe. I'd like a Terra script with continental placement for example.
the map LargestEarth don't run on my PC. Why?
VRAM ?

The cards have some errors

Japan has no starting position

Arabia has no starting position

Germany is poisoned

The city states are deteriorated

Brussels does not live on the Mediterranean, but on the North Sea

Top Bottom