Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

Use standard rules or delete NewCityStates.sql

(the "LOC_CITYNAME_" bug is a civ6 bug)

3. Gedemon

yep.

4. Empocariam

Empocariam Chieftain

Ah, thank you. I like the other modifications to the rulesets, so I'm glad there is a way to just turn off the City-States. Hopefully as the mods go forward they will get suzerain bonuses and I'm sure that will help with some of the absurdly empty areas of the globe (America, Africa).

5. _Impreza1_

_Impreza1_ Chieftain

Excellent stuff again with the newest update! Stone for Stonehenge was a brilliant move!

Going into your future versions, I just have a few suggestions.

- Open Suez & Panama Canals option
    - Adjustments, if possible which encourage AIs to be more expansive. In the advanced rules version, civs seem to be timid in founding new cities
    - Mount Olympus natural wonder for Greece
    - City states included, which add to realism and encourage historically accurate growth. For example, I think the advanced rules version could include the following:

1- Amsterdam, which would be the go to city for England overseas trade, as France not always builds coastal cities. It would also be a buffer between France and Germany, plus would stop England's borders expanding into mainland Europe.
    2- Geneva, would act as a buffer between Rome, France and Germany and makes for an interesting contest re who can win most influence
    3- Copenhagen, another interesting city which would be the buffer between Germany and Norway
    4- Lisbon & Barcelona would be great ones and make playing Spain very interesting and add to the sense that Barcelona has its own culture when conquered - adds to realism. You could maybe do that with a variety of Civs, for instance England could conquer Edinburgh and Dublin, whereas Germany could conquer German city states.

I used to play around with civ editor on your civ5 map quite often too, especially with borders of city states in order to force AIs to expand with realism. For instance, if Vancouver was present, I would expand its borders east to Newfoundland - which would force America to spread west to California instead of north to Arctic.

Not sure if any of this helps, but keep up the brilliant work!

6. Modaddict

Modaddict Chieftain

I made some pictures while walking around the new map, http://imgur.com/a/Y09rA.
    It really feels enormous and I love it.
    I'm sorry for not having nice and clean ones if anyone would compain.
    I just made them quickly to show a friend several areas and discuss about them.
    We as Dutchies were wondering about the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuiderzee there.
    In the last map it had a weird shaped river to represent it but in this map it's possible to use 2 coast tiles instead of some of the woods that have been put down and then either a marsh or a river to represent the connection to the actual sea, though I saw your remark about not liking rivers that connect to multiple bodies of water like that.

The Rhine has also seemingly disappears around when it moves trough the Rhineland (it's hard to define the national borders like this though).
    Is that an intentional choice? (In the earlier maps it did actually flow all the way from it's source)

7. Hormigas

Hormigas Chieftain

@Gedemon: Congrats for the new Largest Earth Map! :goodjob: This truly looks like the new flag ship earth map of Civilization (not only size wise). I don't want to diminish your work, but criticize constructively: imho there are some area shapes (not many!!!) that would benefit from a slightly more realistic approach (Denmark, Scotland, New-Guinea, Sri Lanka, Japan, Anatolia, Alaska, Iceland). Also a bunch of rivers could maybe be added/expanded (not sure about that though).

Here's a suggestion: I would do a little rework of the rework (as I said, the map is already mostly perfect) and send you the concept. You can then decide to accept it or not. Since you don't recommend it, I'd also make sure to avoid rivers between water tiles etc.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  8. InfernoDHeart

InfernoDHeart Chieftain

Outstanding mod!
    I just noticed that Arabia was located on the African continent for some reason (in the Giant Earth map).
    I know that the continent names have been imported but are the continents currently situated in their proper locations?
    Please let me know.
    Thank You.

9. Gedemon

They are placed as they were on the civ5 maps, usually middle-east was painted with the "Africa" artstyle instead of Asia (IIRC the dunes of that style were better suited)

Now that we have subcontinent available, that will be reworked, but I may wait for a painting tool in a World Builder.

@Hormigas : I've used a crude upscaling code, then worked some specific areas, refined some edges and placed all rivers but I'm sure there is a lot of room for improvement :)

About rivers I have noted that the Rhine and Danubes are not drawn enterly in the 3D view but are fine in strategic view, not sure what's wrong here.

10. Tipok

Tipok Chieftain

How much time approximately required to make resource import placement for Largest Earth?

11. Gedemon

I'm not planning to do it, but if someone want, I'll include his version.

I may work on an import option for features.

@Modaddict : marsh could be placed there, yes.

12. mahmoud

mahmoud Chieftain

since alpha 8,It just shows the map and lock at there and there is no settler and warriors.
    plz fix it

13. Gedemon

Can you post your lua.log please ?

14. VampiRos83

VampiRos83 Chieftain

Great Work i really appreciate it. A lot of Fun to play with TSl and Earth Map. Thank you very much!

Ferocitus likes this.
  15. onlysky1

onlysky1 Chieftain

Hello, Gedemon. I like your mod and I'm so happy to see you have updated the mod:lol:.

I spent a whole day playing your mod (version Alpha .7), and I found a problem: when the game goes to a certain turn it will shut down and return to desktop completely, it occurs when I play an atomic era
    scenario of your mod. Here is the lua file:

Now I have downloaded your newest version, and I will play it to see if the problem is still there.

Attached Files:

• Lua.zip
      File size:
      3.5 KB
      Views:
  16. SlightlyMad

SlightlyMad Prince

Hi Gedemon! Loving the map so far! I started a Greatest Earth Map game on Friday, and noticed yesterday that there's no ice on the entire map. I know there was ice at the poles in Civ5, which is important primarily because it prevents shallow water ships from traveling between the old world and new. I can't recally if I'd seen any in a game before alpha-9, as the only other game I really played was a land-locked Scythia that I had to abandon early due to crashes (I don't think related to your map).

Another little thing I noticed was that there was no jungle in India. Arabia and China were mostly expanded there by the time I saw it, so it's possible that they clear-cut, but I thought I'd mention it.

17. Aurel85

Aurel85 Chieftain

Hi I search for a day but I don't find where can I change the number of civilisations ?
    So I am limited at 10...

18. TimTurry

TimTurry Chieftain

I second this request. Some civilization need to be changed due to the countries being different in the new version of Civ.

19. SlightlyMad

SlightlyMad Prince

The biggest problem with that map is Japan, Greece, and Rome have awful starting locations with hardly any land. I think the Greatest Earth Map's Europe is pretty close to perfect (although I'd prefer a little more land for Norway), but I do agree that it's underpopulated in the Southern Pacific and the Americas.

20. Hormigas

Hormigas Chieftain

Fine,:) I'll see what I can do then.