YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Is it just me, or is Play Europe Again map bugging out when you choose Map Generator for Natural Wonders placement? At least I'm guessing that's it. Every time I choose map generator instead of import for that one, the game starts with ZERO civilizations, just turns switching every half second... then again with Import I have yet to find ANY natural wonder at all (tho it's a big map..)

here's the lua.log, I can't see any glaring error there though, it's all greek to me.. (unlike database.log or modding.log)
try without Detailed Worlds

The game crashed when I try to play the greatest earth map. here is the log file. Thanks!:)
see "known issues" in OP, the part about having a special character in your windows user name.

I have no duplicats, and I have "more CS"...
I'll need the new logs then please.

Hi Ged,are you able to do a version which stops borders from touching water?
There are elements to consider (like collecting sea resources and placing district on water) that I can manage in a total conversion like the one I'm working on, but not in a single dedicated mod.

As usual, if someone want to make a single version out of my code, he can do, as long as it's not for a paid mod.

Many thanks. I played your modified version yesterday, which was amazing. However, none of the cities were growing, meaning neither I or the AI could create settlers.

In relation to the coastal tiles, I would suggest scrapping the maritime district. Although that is because I do not like districts anyhow.

I will wait before playing again until the in game editor comes out.

Thanks again.

My penchant for modding Civ has waned as I've aged. I'm much more interested in getting in playing time than tinkering and testing. I would like to add the Kiev and Iceland CS's to the Play Europe Again map (are there any others I'm missing?) as well as add a couple of Wonders. Pillars of Hercules for an example. Gedemon, with all the other modding you are doing, would this be possible in the near future? I've subscribed to your mods through Steam Workshop.

No ETA for anything, I'm working on the other mods ATM.

There was a new NW with the last DLC ?

IIRC Kiev and Reykjavik should have TSL for the Europe map.

The true city naming stopped working for me a couple days ago. I tried turning off all other mods and that didn't fix it. I also tried re-installing it.

I played on the Greatest Earth Map as Persia. Any ideas what could be happening?

Just checked and Kiev and Reykjavik do not have starting positions listed in the XML on my map. The header says XML V.1.0. Strangely, AMARGH, GRANADA and MUSCAT are given starting locations just past a line that says <!--DLC City State--> but they don't show up either. I've downloaded all the DCL's for the new civs but not all the scenarios. Could you suggest starting points for Kiev and Reykjavik and I'll try to edit them in.

The true city naming stopped working for me a couple days ago. I tried turning off all other mods and that didn't fix it. I also tried re-installing it.

I played on the Greatest Earth Map as Persia. Any ideas what could be happening?
lua.log please.

Just checked and Kiev and Reykjavik do not have starting positions listed in the XML on my map. The header says XML V.1.0. Strangely, AMARGH, GRANADA and MUSCAT are given starting locations just past a line that says <!--DLC City State--> but they don't show up either. I've downloaded all the DCL's for the new civs but not all the scenarios. Could you suggest starting points for Kiev and Reykjavik and I'll try to edit them in.
The positions are set in the "More CS for ..." mods (TSL.xml)

OK now for stupid question time...I looked and I no longer have the More CS mod installed or even available anymore. I didn't see it in the Steam Workshop either. Is it available through the Workshop? I do have two versions of the Not Yet Another Map series for some reason..

See the "Important note about upgrading from pre-steamwork version" on the mod's description on steam, because, in fact, it is important.

The "More CS..." mods are in the collection linked on the workshop. Or the Addons page linked in OP.

Note that I always assume that you're using CFC version when posting on CFC and steam version when posting on steam...

Pick one and uninstall the other, you can't have both installed, bad things will happen.

i have to ask because the explanation was very unclear to me, if i have mods of custom civilizations, how can i put a tsl for them on the largest earth map? sorry if there is something obvious that im missing here

Last edited:
i have to ask because the explanation was very unclear to me, if i have mods of custom civilizations, how can i put a tsl for them on the giant earth map? sorry if there is something obvious that im missing here
which part of the how to do you want to have explained ?

which part of the how to do you want to have explained ?
i understand that im supposed to create 2 files in the Yet (not) Another Maps Pack folder but im not sure how exactly to create those types of files and what to write inside them, if that's even all i need to do

i understand that im supposed to create 2 files in the Yet (not) Another Maps Pack folder but im not sure how exactly to create those types of files and what to write inside them, if that's even all i need to do
quote the part you don't understand please, I don't see how to write it clearer, maybe someone else could rewrite it with different wording ?

"f your not a modder, but just want to add TSL for the custom civilizations you use and are not already compatible, YnAMP is pre-configured to allow 2 additional files named "custom.xml" and "custom.sql" that you simply create in "Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" folder (CFC or GitHub download) or "[your Steam folder]\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070\871861883" (Steam Workshop installation)

In that case you don't have to care about the "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS StartPosition" part, you just need to create a new file named custom.xml there, open it with notepad and add the code for the TSL of those civilizations, like for example:"

this part in particular, is there one or two files that i need to create and what to write in them?

well that depend, but if you want to use the xml syntax as in the example, just one: custom.xml

and you put in it what's in the code section:
Code:
<GameInfo>
    <StartPosition>
        <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_YOURCIV"    X="50" Y="50" />
     </StartPosition>
</GameInfo>

replacing CIVILIZATION_YOURCIV and both 50 with the required x, y values.

Top Bottom