YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I have a real issue with Yet (not) Another Maps Maps Pack for Civ6.
Since Civilization 6 was updated to another version I cannot correctly use the mod anymore.
Since every game start I have to active the mod in "additional content", but it only works if I go to singleplayer and press ESC to change respectively to active the mod settings. Sometimes there's is no chance to start a new world with the mod.
Then the mod has some issues with Gathering Storm. Every new civilization from the DLC aren't starting at their correct and real location. Sometimes the game even doesn't start by using the DLC.
I hope you can find a solution for this annoying issue.

Reminder:
known issues:
  • See this thread (read it before reporting bugs please !)
Bug reports

About patches between different versions of the game

• Sometime a patch for civ6 break the mod.
  • When it happens YnAMP has to be updated for the new patch, but this breaks the compatibility with previous version of the game.
  • This is a big problem for mac users as the latest version of the mod won't work for them until Aspyr manage to release the new patch.
  • On gitHub there is a commits section that you can browse (clicking on "<>") to get previous versions of the mod, check the dates of the last patch for your version of the game then download the YnAMP version that was released for it.

Update - We have late game crashes on rise and fall expansion as well unfortunately :(
Now I'm at the point where when I try to load the game, it crashes. If you have time, will you be willing to investigate? Please let me know which log file should I attach?

I've spent one year investigating, it's broken on the game side since GS, go ask Firaxis for a fix.

Update - We have late game crashes on rise and fall expansion as well unfortunately :(
Now I'm at the point where when I try to load the game, it crashes. If you have time, will you be willing to investigate? Please let me know which log file should I attach?
See https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...stability-on-larger-than-vanilla-maps.647854/

Edit: to clarify, the instability was added in the patch that was released with GS but affect all versions of the game: vanilla, R&F, GS

Last edited:
Translation update on gitHub/Steam
Code:
- Updated Korean translation thanks to S2SKY
- Added Italian translation for setup screen thanks to LeecanIt

Hi there! So sorry for the trouble. One quick question. I somehow manage to re-install old game - Rise and Fall v1.0.0.257 just so that I can re-play with the giant map.
However, now I took the latest copy from github but it gives me a blank welcome screen. Please see the attachment. Am I missing something? If anybody has time, please help :)

Attachments

• MainScreen.jpg
    MainScreen.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 288
Hi there! So sorry for the trouble. One quick question. I somehow manage to re-install old game - Rise and Fall v1.0.0.257 just so that I can re-play with the giant map.
However, now I took the latest copy from github but it gives me a blank welcome screen. Please see the attachment. Am I missing something? If anybody has time, please help :)
The latest version of the mod works only with the latest version of the game...

If for a specific reason you want to use an oldest version of the game, then you must find the latest version of the mod that was made for it.

For example if you want to use the version 1.0.0.129 (28-Mar-17), the last one stable on ludicrous sized maps, you'll have to install one of the YnAMP version that was released between that version of the game and the following game patch (version 1.0.0.167 / 27-Jul-17, the one that has broken ludicrous size maps)

The latest version of the mod works only with the latest version of the game...

If for a specific reason you want to use an oldest version of the game, then you must find the latest version of the mod that was made for it.

For example if you want to use the version 1.0.0.129 (28-Mar-17), the last one stable on ludicrous sized maps, you'll have to install one of the YnAMP version that was released between that version of the game and the following game patch (version 1.0.0.167 / 27-Jul-17, the one that has broken ludicrous size maps)
Thank you for your response. Makes sense. I'll try to find. The reason is because latest game broke gaint earth map so I installed earlier rise and fall so that I can play on giant earth without late game crashes lol

Tried to run a search and found nothing, so sorry if this was asked before, but why does Arabia spawn as a clone of Cleopatra most of the time? Restarting the game with minor changes (e.g. removing an unrelated civ) sometimes makes a difference so I'm not sure what's the issue

What do you mean by "clone" ?

Last edited:
They appear as “Arabia” I believe, but always orange instead and with Cleopatra as the leader (although another Cleopatra exists, even with the no duplicate leader setting on) and a question mark on the diplomacy leader icon on the top right of the screen

They appear as “Arabia” I believe, but always orange instead and with Cleopatra as the leader (although another Cleopatra exists, even with the no duplicate leader setting on) and a question mark on the diplomacy leader icon on the top right of the screen
Seen this happen with Cleo replacing Teddy in TSL game. Cleo was in Washington and not otherwise in game. Did not report as it was not important to me and Cleo was almost as nice to me in game as she was to Julius and Anthony in RL.

I'd like to see the map creation logs when that happens.

Is there a large earth map that has North and South America on the left side?
Yes, see
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1958483103

Progress update, still working on the Terra Map script, lots of changes in the code, I've switched the default "Map Shape" option to "Two Scripts", adding code to blend the real land/sea positions with the height map generated by the game's engine.

Spoiler New Terra Map generation :
upload_2020-3-23_22-10-11.png

upload_2020-3-23_22-10-33.png

upload_2020-3-23_22-11-23.png

upload_2020-3-23_22-11-58.png

Maps above generated with those settings
Spoiler Settings :
upload_2020-3-23_22-18-40.png

Update (gitHub only, consider it "alpha", lots of changes in the code)

Code:
Terra Map:
- Add "TSL Replacement Range" option to prevent Civilization to be placed too far from their relative TSL
- Add "More Land around TSL" option to raise the probability of land in the area of the relative TSL of the active Civilizations
- Add "Real Land/Sea Blending" option to blend the real world shape over the selected scripts
- Add "Allows Island" option that can be unchecked to prevent the islands generated between the Old and New World so it can't be discovered before Oceanic Travel is researched.
- Add multiple new parameters for the Fractal function, allowing the selected scripts to use different values based on map sizes, to lower the occurrences when the script was generating extremely rifted areas where a continent was expected.
- Add description to the various custom scripts
- Tweak 2:1 map sizes to be relative to the Giant Earth map for better rescaling
- Fix: don't prevent a Civilization to be placed because another Civilization is too close when TSL are used (but still don't allow placement under the minimum city distance)
- Use the Giant Earth Map table instead of the Largest Earth, as we use also the Giant Earth Map database for TSL and NW.

General:
- Add missing description to a few option
- Fix a missing tag in ConfigText_ko_KR.xml
- Fix the Greatest Earth Map to use the "CONTINENT_EUROPE" type instead of its ID (that seems to have been changed by the game at some point)
- Restore the "Restart" button in WorldBuilder. I bet I've used it more than a hundred times in the last few days.

I'd really like feedback on the new Terra Map, and I'd like to know if some options doesn't appear to work as intended, or if any description need clarifications.

TIA.

I refer to the nice maps given above - in short: they fulfil in a great way what I want from an 'age of exploration' map! In fact, I'm curious, how they would look like by using continents instead of pangaea also for the old world (more discoveries with early ships?!) ... quite nifty to utilize different scripts for the worlds: what a lot of other maps are missing is well done, the levels of separations.

I have a couple of minor points / questions: On our Earth we haven't a lot of tundra in the southern hemisphere, but still I'd expect this terrain if there is land in that region of the map. Ie. climatic symmetry north & south achievable / adjustable?
Related to this, both worlds seem to have always north & south open passages. I think, there should be at least a 50% chance that at least 1 passage is impossible. (No guaranteed circumnavigation there even before building the first ship.)

In some cases the Atlantic is just 1 tile broad ... with Canaries / Azores? Are those correlated with the mentioned "Allows Island" option? (giving a broader Atlantic if not used)

The New World area is tall, you can select the normal continent script to generate it instead of the default, but it would appears distorted, as if scaled down on the X scale only. It still give a nice shape anyway, I've seen it generate 3 vertical continents in that area sometime, but it feels a bit strange when you look at the full map.

Adjustable tundra is on my to do, thought of it (and Leaders/Civs with UA related to tundra) when generating multiple maps, with a few other things, but no ETA.

North/south closed passage should not happen with the current script, maybe south when "Australia" is land-connected to Asia and Piopiotahi. Can't have a "if one's closed then open the other" option, as the script layers are independent. Well, could technically code something specific to force a path open after all layers are applied, but not a good development time/requested feature ratio IMO.

The minimal ocean space should be "1" at small size, even without islands, and it scales up with bigger maps. In my tests islands were rarely allowing pre-oceanic exploration, but it could happen, hence the option.

Top Bottom