1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP sub-project: 60+ simple modern Civilizations

Discussion in 'Yet (not) Another Maps Pack' started by Gedemon, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Mobfire

Mobfire Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

I'll get to work on those color tweaks.

What do you mean by culture art? Do you need any help with it?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It's the system to make city and units looks different depending on a civilization ethnicity.

I'll check what I've done so far with this thread, I must have missed something.

3. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Chieftain

is this available on steam work shop yet?

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Not yet, almost finished.

I've managed to set the civilizations culture art, now we just need the colored icons for Poland.

Flag as replacement:
    Clipboard-3.jpg Clipboard-2.jpg

Alpha icon as replacement:
    Clipboard-5.jpg Clipboard-4.jpg

5. Mobfire

Good news is I found a template to create the colored icons, so I can make them for most of the civs whose color schemes have changed drastically.

6. Lindy

Lindy Chieftain

Out of curiosity, is anyone else having trouble selecting civs when using this mod? Any time the mod is loaded and I begin selecting civs the games FPS drops to 1 for several seconds before accepting the choice. Even selecting random civs is still a cumbersome task. Adding all 60 into a game takes well over 10 minutes where as vanilla has never taken nearly as long. Nothing game breaking, just a minor inconvenience.

7. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Yes, it does drop dramatically.
    It takes longer, but definitely not 10 minutes for me on an i7-4GHz PC
    with 8Gb RAM and a GTX970 video card under Win 7. About 2-3 minutes, tops.

8. Lindy

Lindy Chieftain

I wonder if Win10 makes any difference. I have an i7 4ghz and 1080 with 16gb of RAM. Just upgraded to a 1080 TI today so will see if that has any noticeable differences. But yes definitely taking me close to 10 minutes to select all 60 civs. Random civs takes about 2-3 minutes.

9. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Chieftain

is it compatible with red mod and religions mod?

10. Mobfire

Updates to colors:
    • New scheme for Indonesia so there's less blue in the region
    • (Hopefully) made Algeria, Madagascar, Pakistan, Mali, Portugal, Philippines, and Angola more legible
    • Darkened Japan's secondary
    • (Hopefully) made France less like USA
    • Switched to Darth's original scheme for Uzbekistan. Curious to see how it compares to Kazakhstan, though.
    • New scheme for South Korea as I felt the old one was a bit off
    • Switched Barbarian colors to black and red to conflict less with Angola and look less like a major civ. There will need to be a new secondary color for militaristic city states, though - probably some sort of green.
    Spoiler :
    colorsupdate2.png

Pulled a request for the color changes, though I'm not sure what to do with the Barbarians' code.
    <Replace Type="COLOR_BARBARIANS_PRIMARY" Color="0,0,0,255" />
    <Replace Type="COLOR_BARBARIANS_SECONDARY" Color="229,19,0,255" />

I'm about 75% done the updated badges, they'll be posted sometime this week.

tomaltachpaulson and Gedemon like this.
  11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks !

I've added the Barbarian entry at the end of the color XML file and updated on gitHub, but not tested in game yet.

12. Mobfire

K. If there any colors that are still too difficult to read or too difficult to distinguish from another civ's colors let me know so I can incorporate any changes into the updated badges.

13. Mobfire

So I finally got Civ6, and now I'll be able to finalize colors for each civ. While testing, there were a few things that came up that I should bring up.
    • Cleopatra appeared as the leader for every civ- we should probably get rid of her
    • In the loading screen for each civ I tested, the icon on the badge was pure white.
    • I was unsure how to access Denmark and Kenya. Perhaps they should be more accessible for people who wish to have them in their games.
    • It was also quite a pain manually adding AI slots for each civ. It would be neat if the mod included a setup preset so you didn't have to do that, along with each civ pre-selected (then you could add,remove, or replace as you wish)

tomaltachpaulson likes this.
  14. Lindy

Lindy Chieftain

Awesome to see the world take shape...thanks again for such a great mod.

tomaltachpaulson and Mobfire like this.
  15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Cleopatra should not happen, I'll check the loading screen.

If you select giant size before the giant earth, all 63 slots will be filled (it will take some times to change the other options after that, each change seems to be re-initializing the 63 players options in the background)

But yeah, I've a project to replace the advanced setup screen somewhere in my (long) to do list...

16. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Chieftain

Daaaamn... thats good to know! :p

17. Stooo

Stooo Chieftain

Hello so great mod having a blast with it. but am finding a load of cities starting with the prefix "LOC_CITY_NAME_" is this a bug or a conflict with my other mods or something else? they appear mostly in Africa Central, West and Ethiopia. and Ive found a few in Russia towards Mongolia regions.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

18. Mobfire

Not sure what that might be. In my testing I have come across many of those same cities without any errors. Are you using any mods that modify city naming?
    EDIT: You could also try changing the language to en_US instead of en_UK.

Anyways, I've finally finished changing the colors of each civ and their icons. Everything should now be legible and distinguishable from all other civs.
    Spoiler :
    RecoloredIcons.png

I never heard back from Janboruta in regards to whether we could use his Poland icon, but he was fine with us using his others so I assumed it would be okay for now at least. In addition, I made badges for the USA and Saudi Arabia, should they be useful. It's probably best to use the vanilla icon and badge for India as the symbol is too complex and gets ruined when compressed.
    Also did a pull request for the new color schemes on GitHub.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Gedemon likes this.
  19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks, I'm actually doing some tests with the Terra Map script, once done I'll add the new icons.

Anything left to check before a first release ?

Mobfire likes this.
  20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Updated on gitHub, I think this is a Release Candidate :D

Code:
    - updated colored icons by Mobfire
    - switch India back to default icon
    - remove reference to Poland DLC as we now use our own icon
    - edit LoadScreen.lua to show the colored version of the civilization icon
    - make sure the same custom LoadScreen.lua is used both from FrontEnd and InGame contexts 
    I'd like a few people to test it before official release on Steam / CFC, let me know if everything's fine or if you find something strange.