1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP sub-project: 60+ simple modern Civilizations

Discussion in 'Yet (not) Another Maps Pack' started by Gedemon, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks for the report, fixed with a new update on gitHub:

Code:
    - re-indent GameText.xml to help visual debugging
    - use XML validation tool to fix a few syntax error in GameText.xml (fix the LOC_CITY_NAME bug)

2. Mobfire

Mobfire Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

Great job! Everything seems pretty good to me.
    One thing I noticed was that all the palaces were the same. Might be nice if they were diversified a bit, though it's not a necessity for the first release.

Going by this thread, here are my general thoughts:
    • American Style- USA, Cuba, Colombia, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Ireland
    • Aztec Style- None
    • Chinese Style- China, Myanmar, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Mongolia
    • Egyptian Style- Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Israel, Iran, Turkey, Sudan
    • Indian Style- India, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Madagascar, Nigeria
    • French Style- France, Netherlands, Denmark, Canada, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Ukraine, Russia, Philippines, Poland
    • Kongolese Style- Congo, Mali, Angola, Morocco, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya,
    • Japanese Style- Japan, South Korea, North Korea
    • Roman Style- Italy, Spain, Portugal, Venezuela, Romania, Argentina, Mexico, Greece, Peru, South Africa

Gedemon likes this.
  3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I knew I was forgetting something...

Thanks, I'll have a look at the ethnicity for cities/buildings.

I've somehow missed 2 of your commits, I've merged them, I'll redo the xml validation and indentation on the GameText files tonight (it won't be long, it's mostly automated)

4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

What about England?

5. Mobfire

Probably French style (default)

6. Mobfire

Encountered a bit of a glitch after playing with the mod then disabling it...
    Spoiler :
    russialoadingicon.png

After reloading the game it went away, so it's nothing major.

Also, here is some TSL for Play Europe Again. I figured since it is a YnAMP addon, it should at least be compatible with the main YnAMP maps.
    Code:
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ALGERIA" X="24" Y="27" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_DENMARK" X="47" Y="64" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" X="74" Y="8" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_FINLAND" X="61" Y="72" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_FRANCE" X="34" Y="52" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" X="47" Y="58" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" X="60" Y="25" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ICELAND" X="9" Y="89" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_IRAN" X="106" Y="25" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_IRAQ" X="97" Y="20" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_IRELAND" X="22" Y="66" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ISRAEL" X="82" Y="12" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ITALY" X="44" Y="34" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_LIBYA" X="42" Y="15" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO" X="11" Y="25" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS" X="37" Y="60" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_NORWAY" X="47" Y="73" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_POLAND" X="58" Y="53" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL" X="37" Y="11" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ROMANIA" X="65" Y="39" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA" X="78" Y="62" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SPAIN" X="18" Y="37" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN" X="55" Y="72" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_TURKEY" X="74" Y="29" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_UNITED_KINGDOM" X="31" Y="60" />
         <Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_UKRAINE" X="72" Y="51" />

Gedemon likes this.
  7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks, updated on GitHub

Code:
    fix syntax in CityNames.xml
    add TSL for Play Europe Again (Mobfire)
    add partial TSL for Greatest Earth Map and Cordiform Earth
    I'm trying to finalize the Terra Map for release this week, then I'll look at the Artdefine for cultural buildings & cities (it should be already set and working for units)

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Updated on Github with entries for Palaces & Cities for the new Civilizations. I'm unsure which style refers to what (Palace or Cities), here are the 2 groups list:

• AncientWood
    • Colonial
    • ModernGlass
    • Russia
    • America
    • AncientEarth
    • AncientBrick

• SoutheastAsian
    • Mediterranean
    • SouthAfrican
    • EastAsian
    • Mughal
    • SouthAmerican
    • NorthAfrican

If you want to play with those entries, you'll found them before the line
    Code:
    <m_CollectionName text="UnitCulture"/>
    in the mod's ArtDefs/Cultures.artdef file.

The lines below "UnitCulture" are for the units style.

Mobfire likes this.
  9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Merged the last commit on GitHub, I'm going to upload a small fix, some lines missing a "/" before the ">" like
    Code:
                <Replace Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_JINAN"                                     Text="Jinan"                Language="en_US"> 
    instead of
    Code:
                <Replace Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_JINAN"                                     Text="Jinan"                Language="en_US" /> 
    Edit: forget what I wrote before editing, 63 is the good number, I just forgot to change the max number of Civilization for the map... :o

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Update on GitHub:
    Ready for release ?

63civs2.jpg

Attached Files:

Mobfire likes this.
  11. Mobfire

Just about ready I believe. There is a pull request to CityNames.xml which hasn't been resolved yet. Also, the icon that Poland uses on its badge isn't the same as its actual icon- that should maybe be fixed by changing the actual icon to the one that Janboruta made. Cleopatra is still making an unwelcome appearance in all the diplo screens. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if that was fixed. Finally, I was working on full TSL for Greatest Earth, which will be ready tomorrow, so it might be nice if we waited for that at least. Other than those finishing touches I believe we are ready!

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Request merged.

I don't have Cleopatra on my diplo screens, could you post your lua.log after starting a game please ? using some UI mods ?

It's the icon on thee attached file that is incorrect ?

Attached Files:

13. Stooo

Stooo Chieftain

so am running mod with your other YnAMP mods (see attached images) after the title music ends and the game starts the music disappears entirely forever. dunno what causes that to happen. also the world rankings page is messed up. like there too much space before their all listed. you can hover your mouse over their icons when they are under the next row. (see image)
    54.jpg 52.jpg 53.jpg

14. Mobfire

Updated Icons w/ Drop Shadow:
    Spoiler :
    UpdatedIconsShadow.png

Also attached is my lua log. I think we're ready for a release (although Mali's palace needs to be changed to the Kongolese style)

Attached Files:

Gedemon likes this.
  15. Mobfire

I've also been working on some more civs slowly but surely. Here's a preview:
    Code:
    CapitalName,    en_US_Name,            en_US_Adj,        en_US_Desc,                            
    'VIENNA',        'Austria',     'Austrian',        'Republic of Austria',            
    'MINSK',    'Belarus',        'Belarusian',    'Republic of Belarus',                
    'BRUSSELS',    'Belgium',             'Belgian',        'Kingdom of Belgium',            
    'SOFIA',        'Bulgaria',        'Bulgarian',    'Republic of Bulgaria',        
    'ZAGREB',        'Croatia',            'Croatian',        'Republic of Croatia',                            
    'PRAGUE',        'Czechia',             'Czech',    'Czech Republic',    
    'TBILISI',        'Georgia',            'Georgian',        'Georgia',        
    'BUDAPEST',        'Hungary',            'Hungarian',    'Hungary',                
    'BELGRADE',        'Serbia',            'Serbian',    'Republic of Serbia',                
    'BERN',        'Switzerland',             'Swiss',        'Swiss Confederation'
    'DAMASCUS',    'Syria',             'Syrian',    'Syrian Arab Republic',    
    'TUNIS',        'Tunisia',                'Tunisian',        'Republic of Tunisia',                    
    'KABUL',        'Afghanistan',             'Afghan',        'Islamic Republic of Afghanistan',            
    'PORT_MORESBY',    'Papua New Guinea',            'Papua New Guinean',    'Independent State of Papua New Guinea',
    'ASHGABAT',        'Turkmenistan',            'Turkmen',            'Turkmenistan',                  
    The first 12 civs are for Play Europe Again, and I have the most work done for them. The last 3 I aim to do eventually, but especially Papua New Guinea since it would be helpful for TSL balance. It is possible I focus just on Papua New Guinea for now til it is completed before I make the finishing touches on the 12 EU+Med civs.

Is there anything you need for a civ before a version can be made for testing and deciding on color schemes? Right now I have city lists and most diplo+loading screens ready, and I can get to TSL eventually. And here are some flag icons for all of them (found some Nordic Factory versions that are still available on this site)
    Spoiler :
    FlagIcons1.png

Gedemon likes this.
  16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

We can group them in "Basic Civilizations Expanded", and then using the Ethnicity tag to allow some selection with the "Only European Civilizations" and "Only Old World Civilizations" add-on.

17. makiasd

makiasd Chieftain

Can’t wait for the release version!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  18. waker

waker Chieftain

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  19. Mobfire

Is it a problem for all cities or just for Taiwan? What language are you using? Are you using any mods that affect city naming?

20. waker

waker Chieftain