YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Haha sure. How silly of me to assume.

I have played amap of the second biggest setting with this mod and others. After the last update of civilisation the save does not load anymore, but crashed civ. It does not work with the old versions of the mod or the new ones

You have identified the problem yourself. Don't ever expect a previous game to work after any patches, or new versions of mods.
Delete all saved games, and clear out files as explained several times in this thread.

Interesting. I usually settle Panama as Germany or Rome.

I play giant, not ludicrous, no victory conditions. So I mentioned those 4 civs as being the most disruptive - almost every game they are the ones I have to clean up after.

I too see Brazil as a contender, a second rate Kongo.

I've seen poor Norway try to colonize the Americas (pre patch) but they get chased off the map.

Japan is funny. Sometimes he spams cities, often he is content to stay home and chill.

I am thinking I either have to colonize for the Euros and gift them cities (which is nothing new), or tinker with the map and pre-place colonial cities.

I added Sumeria because if I'm going for a calmer game, I have to take Kongo out. Kongo inevitably eats Egypt, and sometimes Arabia. But I've found that when I take Kongo out, Sumeria gets more aggressive - expanding faster, taking city-states, and usually taking Cairo too.

That is all fine if I'm playing a militant game. I'll settle down there to have an army ready to slap someone around when need be. But if I'm more interested in a cold war style of outcome, I see it as annoying homework.

Anyway, its beneficial to learn some probable patterns so you can know what might be expected to happen under certain conditions. Hopefully all of this reduces peoples' restarts.

Current game I am playing as Rome, on the GEM.
Game consists of
Rome(Me), Germany, Spain, Russia, Egypt, Kongo, Sumeria, Scythia, China, India, Japan, Australia (who is speaking Portuguese half the time it seems, any idea how to fix this?) Brazil, Aztecs, USA.

First 150 turns or so, Germany declares surprise war on me, this basically stalemates for 20 turns while I am pumping out Legions and Heavy Chariots. They ask for peace and I accept. Within 30 turns he denounces me and then declares a formal war against me. 15 turns into this Spain has massed a bunch of troops between my 2 western cities and declares a surprise war against me, same turn so does Scythia.

Well, this is going to get interesting it seems. Thank goodness I had Preslav as my ally and all they were doing were massing crossbowmen. Scythia couldn't get thorough. I held off against Germany and got them to ask for peace. Spain I managed to burn 2 cities they had in Africa to the ground, and one in north eastern spain. Got them to ask for peace. 10 more turns later, after not a whole lot from them, Scythia ask for peace.

Less then 20 turns later, these 3 come back for more. But at this point I had more military strength then all of them combined. I just put up a defensive perimeter on me East/West flanks and went and smacked down Germany, took 4 cities, burned 2 to the ground, and occupied their capitol. Got them to ask for peace(Hint: This doesn't last.)

Spain in the meantime I reduce to one city in northwestern Africa, just south of Gibraltar. Scythia and me haven't done much to each other yet.

Australia meanwhile is like 5 Techs ahead of me and almost doubling my science output.

Anyways, Scythia and Spain asked for peace, gave it. Germany declared yet ANOTHER war, this time I took them out of the game. Central Europe is now Roman Property.

Now I have Egypt and Sumeria declaring war against me. I am basically just ignoring them. they have no meaningful way to do me any damage. I got to spend some time to catch up to Australia.

Don't know if it's already been posted, but there is a small issue with Gorgo's TSL on greatest and giant earth maps since her settler starts too close to preslav and/or pericles, I had a game where she settled her capital way out of place XD

Don't know if it's already been posted, but there is a small issue with Gorgo's TSL on greatest and giant earth maps since her settler starts too close to preslav and/or pericles, I had a game where she settled her capital way out of place XD

Well, Gorgo and Pericles are both leaders of the Greek civilization, and Greece really isn't big enough to accommodate two leaders. I generally choose one or the other.

Problem is, Gorgo still starts too close to preslav even if you only choose her for your game :| (besides starting in the wrong place since sparta is certainly not north of athens :p)

Problem is, Gorgo still starts too close to preslav even if you only choose her for your game :| (besides starting in the wrong place since sparta is certainly not north of athens :p)

Have you tried only her? As in not even having Pericles selected? If not That may be causing her to head north to settle. Since I don't believe I've had any issues with her not starting near the south part of Greece.

My only issue post summer patch has been the placement of city states in clumps. I've had Sumeria completely surrounded (Jerusalem, Hittites, Iran, Kabul, M.B.) Also too many in Europe then hardly any in North or South America. I always play giant earth map (it's already five minutes between turns late game so I haven't tried bigger maps) on standard speed with all civs but Gorgo (and have won playing almost all of them). It's always been a science victory (though I have to do a lot of cold war spy work to slow down the civ's that focus on science to launch before they do). I think I'll have to go in and do some modding to get the city states distributed how I want before I play again.

Over half the time I play GEM I don't use TSL. I realize TSL is the biggest draw for these maps - but the world tends to be settled much more evenly this way. You can get weird clumping of CS (just like any map). I keep having to remind myself that if I scout a CS, don't just turn around like it's a barrier. More often then not there are a neighbor or two just beyond.

Also, if you want a really fun new way to play any map, try Sukritact's Ramkhamhaeng mod and move up a level or two. It is a crazy OP civ. He gets bonuses to lux (1g 1c) with his Commercial UD (!!!). The GEM map is so chuck full of lux... I spawned in Eastern Mongolia (yuck) and am still kicking outrageous butt on Immortal spawning next to Scythia and Russia with no offensive wars. If we can get his TSL, oh my, my. SE Asia is choked with lux. (He also has a Knight replacement UU with +5 strength, +1 Housing and Ameneties with any river district, and an additional Envoy for every Civic that grants them. Crazy, like 2.5x Leader abilities.)

I want to play largest map with 60+ civs

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Always choose middle eastern civ to get squeezed early :)

Can't wait to see where Ged puts the starts for these. Wish I could Gopro him to see his expressions.

edit: if Byzantines and Austria are next, things sre really going to get nuts.

After the Australia Summer patch, they changed how load orders work. Without expressly putting the load order in the MODFILE, it seems to like to load mods before DLC. Therefore, this mod has been causing the Poland/Australia Portuguese bug. Simply adding a load order to the UpdateDatabase and LocalizedText section of the Components in the MODFILE, it forces the mod lower than the DLC and the issue is resolved.

Gedemon, please consider adding it so less savvy users don't run into the bug.

I have a question, how do I know how many players to put on each map? if i play europe and i include too many, that it chooses non european civs, will they be loaded? how do i avoid that?

hi i don't know if this has been discussed because i started with YnAMP for the first time yesterday, but it seem you can't start a game on cordiform's earth with Australia. Do i need to enable or disable certain things in order to start with Australia.

One other thing what is size in hexes of the firaxis earth map?

Last edited:
After the Australia Summer patch, they changed how load orders work. Without expressly putting the load order in the MODFILE, it seems to like to load mods before DLC. Therefore, this mod has been causing the Poland/Australia Portuguese bug. Simply adding a load order to the UpdateDatabase and LocalizedText section of the Components in the MODFILE, it forces the mod lower than the DLC and the issue is resolved.

Gedemon, please consider adding it so less savvy users don't run into the bug.
Thanks for reporting that.

Do you have a log before/after ?

In my case there is no error in the Database, Modding and Localization logs with the current version.

Could those errors be related to the Australian DLC (I don't have it ?) instead of the Australian patch ?

Does it fix the language bug for all those who were able to test it ? IIRC it was reported since Poland has been released.

Thanks for reporting that.

Do you have a log before/after ?

In my case there is no error in the Database, Modding and Localization logs with the current version.

Could those errors be related to the Australian DLC (I don't have it ?) instead of the Australian patch ?

Does it fix the language bug for all those who were able to test it ? IIRC it was reported since Poland has been released.

I don't have the full log files, just the excerpts. Here is the error I received in the database with just base game + official DLC:

Code:
[4218089.940] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[4218089.940] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[4218089.940] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with  values (LOC_CITY_NAME_CANBERRA, Canberra, ).
[4218089.940] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file Australia_Text.xml.
[4218089.940] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[4218090.026] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[4218090.026] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[4218090.026] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with  values (LOC_CITY_NAME_KRAKOW, Kraków, ).
[4218090.026] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file Poland_Jadwiga_GameplayText.xml.
[4218090.026] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[4218090.230] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4218090.248] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[4218096.970] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4218097.715] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4218099.049] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4219147.225] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4219147.226] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[4219150.235] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[4219150.235] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[4219150.235] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with  values (LOC_CITY_NAME_KRAKOW, Kraków, ).
[4219150.235] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file Poland_Jadwiga_GameplayText.xml.
[4219150.235] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[4219150.419] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[4219150.419] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[4219150.419] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with  values (LOC_CITY_NAME_CANBERRA, Canberra, ).
[4219150.419] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file Australia_Text.xml.
[4219150.419] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag

The modding log showed 4 files not loading. Poland_Jadwiga_GameplayText.xml and Australia_Text.xml failed to load as well as custom.sql and custom.xml from YNAMP. I noticed these files were referenced in the MODFILE but not present in the folder. I don't know if that was simple oversight or a planned feature that got forgot to get commented out, but it did show up.

Log files after the LoadOrder fix show nothing else but everything working properly. I tested in-game as well. First game, they spoke Portuguese right away. Second game was English like normal.

You are right, the errors are caused by the DLC and not the Australian update, my bad. I do remember now having the Portuguese bug before Australia was released. I have not heard back from anyone just yet but my own playtesting has shown it to be fixed.

Thanks, I'll add a load order then, I'm a bit curious about the behavior of the game, that's a problem if on some PCs it loads the DLC after the mods, that's means load orders will be mandatory if we want consistency.

Thanks, I'll add a load order then, I'm a bit curious about the behavior of the game, that's a problem if on some PCs it loads the DLC after the mods, that's means load orders will be mandatory if we want consistency.

Definitely seems like something that needs to be enforced now. A mod that edits units in a DLC getting loaded after will cause the saved game to fail to load. It's the issue I ran into.

Is anyone working on a historical spawn date mod? It would be really good for the earth map.
It's high in my todo list.

But those last weeks were spend trying to understand modbuddy. I'm still unsure if the lack of documentation is delaying advanced mods by months or by years.

Top Bottom