Your dream remakes, sequels and expansion packs

Danielos

Emperor
If you could wish that all the talent, energy and resources went into three remakes of computer games, three sequels to computer games and three new expansion packs to existing computer games, which would you choose:

Here are my list:

MY DREAM 3 REMAKES

* "Alone in the Dark"

* "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis"

* "Lemmings"

MY DREAM 3 SEQUELS

* "Monkey Island 5: Return to Monkey Island"

* "Battlefield 1916"

* "Tie Fighter 2"

MY DREAM 3 EXPANSION PACKS

* "Civilization 4: Into the Unknown" (future era with colonization of solar system and beyond...)

* "Spore: The Natural Selection" (finally includes a complex evolution and natural selection aspect in the game)

* "Galactic Civilization 2: The Wonder of Life" (add an evolutionary engine to the game which creates different life on planets depending on type of habitat, also make game start with 1950s and the dawn of space age)

Shenmue 3 10 bloody characters

I want a good remake of Star Fox 64.

Ignore this post

remakes:
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger

sequels:
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger

expansion packs:
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger

I wanted to be original but I can't argue with Fate of Atlantis, Alone in the dark and Monkey Island.

I'm also looking forward to Homeworld 3(there might even be a chance now).

And Smac naturally.

edit: And X-com of course. With good graphics, the same aliens and the same atmosphere.

Tie Fighter

Mechwarrior -not a first-person shooter, but like the original table game (on an overhead hex-map) where you build mechs of different weights with different weapons and different range and movement and jump-jets and rolling dice to determine where damage goes, and pilots with different skills of different levels, salvaging, etc.

Fall From Heaven (a civ4 mod). I'd employ the current design team and give them unlimited resources to make the best fantasy TBS on the market... it already is (except it is not on the market), but unlimited funds could possibly make it even better.

Side items: I'd like an upgraded 1942 (my favorite arcade game), Contra and Golden Axe (sega genesis games).

Two other arcade games I want (I don't know the names): The one with robots (on wheels) playing football that 4 people could play and the 4 person game where you could play the elf, warrior, dwarf (?) or wizard and you went as a group through dungeons slaughtering blobs of enemies. Can someone remember the names of those?

I always thought it would be freaking awesome to redo Colonization with a more modern game engine. Alas, freaking game developers these days would never remake a game with strategic nuance like that (too busy making the latest Madden game :rolleyes:)

Tie Fighter
Good stuff. They need to have come out with more expansion packs for X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter than just Balance of Power.

I definitely agree with Pete, Starfox 64 brought into the current generation would be spectacular beyond beliefs. With more a few missions and a couple more endings, it would be just about perfect.

I'd really like to see a sequel to the Earthworm Jim series with modern physics, yet maintains that 2D styles of level creation.

Fate, X-Com, MOO3, and Descent. I'm not sure if you'd consider Descent to be a remake, or a sequel... but regardless the concept would be awesome with modern hardware.

Edit: Primal Rage

Hm... X-COM, Tie Fighter, Master of Orion (2), Master of Magic. Oh, and a proper sequel to Star Control II. And I miss those Starflight-like games in general. Or a new version of Panzer General.

a remake of "Rampage" would be cool, putting it into 3d.

Top Bottom