Creation & Customization Artists Availability Index

subbss

"The Animal Guy!"
I have an idea but it requires cooperation from as much of the modding community as possible.

The idea is for each Creation & Customization artist to make ONE post each and then post this:

1. What their skill(s) is(are) or which category they fall into from the list below. In other words, 'what do you do' or 'what can you do'.
2. What specifically they are working on currently, if anything, or several things.
3. What they have on their list of things to do, if any. If there is an order to the list, then put the list in order and say whether or not it is in order. If they only know the order of things to do up to a certain point (like only what is next but not past that) then bold the things on the list that are in order meaning the rest is not in order or undecided if they will do it or not.
4. Say if they only do work relating to a certain theme (like only naval ship units or just maps of Africa for example).
5. Say whether they are open to new requests for their services and how long it will take for a new request for their services to be completed. If they have a long list then they can just refer to the list from step 3.
6. State the preferred method of communicating requests for their service (unit request thread, PM, email, IM, or other).

Each person should only post ONCE and then EDIT their post to update the information whenever needed.

Specifically these are the people I would like to post:
**Unit Creators-Making units from scratch, making them from pre-made models (like Wyrmshadow) converting from another game (like Aluminum), pallet editing help, or just making models for others to use.
**Leaderhead Creators-People who find, convert file types, resize, and especially, make from scratch new leaderheads (animated or not).
**Mod Writers-People that could also be Scenario Creators who change the rules of the game a lot to change the game play.
**Misc. Graphics Creators-Buildings, Techs, Terrain, Interface, Title Screen, etc.
**Scenario Creators-Not very much rule changing, just added civs, added units, special map, and city placement.
**Map Artists-To help the Mod writers and Scenario Creators.
**Historical Advisors-Expertise in a certain historical or geographical area to help Scenario Creators.

If I have forgotten any category or piece of information that creators should provide then PM with your comment.

The point is that people will be able to get what they need for mods or other things much more efficiently. I am very excited because if this works I think it will help this forum greatly. I hope the community likes my idea and participates in it.

Participation is the key to success.

This should probably be a Sticky if my idea works.

Please don't post if you are just making a comment about my idea and are NOT a creator. If you are a civ3 artist and you post your information as stated above then you may make an additional comment at the bottom or top of your post if you want.
This is NOT a request thread. Do not post any requests in this thread.

PM me if you have any questions or comments about this idea.

==================================================

Here is the list of posted CFC users so far with links to their posts. (catagoric organization will come eventually)

Page 1:
subbss
Weasel Op
truckingpete
Dease
Hikaro Takayama
RedAlert
The Great Apple
Supa
kulade
Kinboat
Luddi VII
utahjazz7
aaglo
vbraun
Funky2882
Ukas
LouLong
TopGun69

Page 2:
Orthanc
bluebox
Ur Mum
viper275
Goldflash
IbnSina
MaisseArsouye
GrandSultan
Crash757
Anarki
GRM7584
Seth the Dark
the100thballon
Paasky
striq
Varlin Saliptor
Corn Shucker

Page 3:
Lord Parkin
The Last Conformist
Takhisis
Spacer One
Quinzy
jehangir
TheMorpheus
Bluemofia
Roman Legion
Dark Sheer
Wyrmshadow
Snakelover
timerover51
SWalker
Lord Malbeth
WerBackIII
Ogedei_the_Mad

I will post for myself to give everyone an example of how this should look.

1. Modding

2. Currently: "Animal Wars: Pet and Pest"

3. List below (in order but order may change)(names may change slightly too):
Animal Wars: The Humans Strike Back
Animal Wars: Animal Hell
Battle of the Unit Creators
Barsoom

4. No descernable theme, I do what I like and I like a lot of things.

5. I am not open to new requests until I have finished what is on my list.

6. When I am ready to take requests (if their ever are any) use PM to contact me.

last updated 2023
Skills:
mod design and production, troubleshooting
Current Projects: C7 architect; "Legacy" epic mod; Lord of the Mods maintenance
To Do: Descent: Freespace scenario; a LotM-based scenario
Theme: making full use of the ruleset and tools
Availability: LOL no
Communication: PM

----------------------------
I have too much stuff to list in my sig, but not enough of anything to warrant a library. Thus, I list it here:

NOTE 2018-06-09: I am deleting my Photobucket accounts due to their insecurity and poor handling of external hotlinking, so many of the images in the below threads will be broken. I won't take the time to fix all of them, but if you want something specific just message me.

Anything I post to this site may be used and/or modified without permission, but proper credit is always appreciated!

MY STUFF:

Game:
C7 open-source remake project

Mods/Scenarios:
Middle-earth: Lord of the Mods (hypothetical team leader) C3C full conversion mod based on Tolkien's Middle-earth
WildWeazel's Change Request a minimalist mod based on player1 fanatic's Patch Suggestion for C3C
Slower Expansion Tweak simple rule tweaks to make early game expansion slower and harder
Battlefield New York Urban Warfare Scenario (abandoned beta)
Battlefield New York 2 the remake (abandoned concept)

Units:
LotR Palantir
Heart of Gold Spaceship
X-COM Infantry color conversions (from BeBro's units)
Beam Weapon/Teleporter Animation
Urban Turret color conversion (from GoodWin's turret)

PCX Graphics:
C3C World Map Title Screens
:trophy2: LotM/Medieval/Fantasy Interface (with Olorin0222's pedia interface)
"Heavy Industry" Mine Replacements
my-avatar-on-a-flag LH (with Hikaro Takayama)
Chuck Norris static LH
Mansions as (LM) Hills
Orange Civ Color (#23) Palette Fix
Base Terrain Templates
Advisor Screen Template
Nighttime Era Splash

Maps:
War of the Ring Gondor and Mordor, based on Tolkien's LotR detail map

Tutorials:
Managing your mod files with Subversion: an illustrated step-by-step guide to version control
Smoke Testing a mod: how to detect most crashes before you start playing

Other:
One More Turn Theatre discontinued Civ3 comic knockoff of 8-Bit Theater
One More Turn: Legends of Civilization Civilization comic spinoff of OMTT
The Treason Of Isengard game narrative of pre-release LotM beta

Last edited:
1. Scenario Creator, Misc. Graphic Creator
2. Hundred Years' War (see sig)
3. Lots more scenerios
Stuff that is secreet that I'll show later
4. Middle Ages... :king:
5. FREE!
6. I prefer PM

Pretty good idea, although there's a lot of stickies already ;)
but why not, I support most anything :)
1. Unit making, form start to finish, make my own models, animate, and convert to civ3 flcs. I've also made title screens, and know how to make basically anything pcx related

2. Random Pikemen

3. In order ;)
-more random Pikemen

4. I prefer making units that can fit into the epic game (ie are missing from it), I have no experience with ships so I have no plans to start (there are tons anyway) I also have no experience with air units but those wouldn't be too hard.

5. The only requests I'm taking now are those posted in the pikemen preview thread, I think there's ~10 "in line" so it may be .... awhile :p

6. PM or Email is fine :)

Might as well throw my hat into the ring here:

1. Jack of all trades, have several units (both from pre-made models and ones I've modeled myself), city improvments, wonders, misc graphics and 1 mod under my belt.

2. Various Final Fantasy units and one of the UUs for my civ in the CFC user's mod, Final Fantasy based buildings and wonders, and my Final Fantasy CFC mod project.

3. Next Projects: Finish up Mithra Ranged unit pack, then Ork Gargant, after that, who cares.

4. Dang near anything and everything, with the exception of chariots and armored horsemen, at least until I can get better at making models in OpenFX.

5. The sig says it all. That doesn't mean that there is no chance that your request will be taken, just that it better be a damn good one.

6. PM or email me, and I'll get back to you within 48 hours. You could also post something in my unit creation thread (link is in my signature).

This is a good idea. *Claiming spot on front page* :D

RedAlert

Skills
My specialties are maps and city graphics. I'm always interested in creating / helping with mods and scenarios. I will tend to drop in on threads to see if there is anything I could suggest or help with. There are a lot of types of creation that I have not tried yet, but will possibly try in the future.

Things I'm doing

Immediately / Short term

Currently, I am working on a mod: Born of Fire. I also have some city graphics and a map or two going.

Later / Long term projects
I plan to keep on creating for civ3 for a long time. On top of some more city graphics and maps I would like to do, I also have another mod in mind, which will remain in the idea stage until I pick it up when I finish Born of Fire.

Requests
Right now, I am not 'officially' taking any requests, although this does not mean I will not make the occasional creation to help out. Of course, if I get a request, I probably won't say no, unless I feel I really lack the time or skill.

Contact
If you wish to contact me, please do so by PM.

Yup - good idea. A list on the first post would be good, perhaps with links to different types of artists grouped, so all unit makers together , etc.

Unit maker

I can make and animate models, give general advice, or specific advice about OpenFX

Working on:
A load of anti-grav tanks for the 40K mod
Things to do:
This list! It's rather long, and shoud be getting longer, so if somebody else could help I'd be happy... (hint hint)
Requests:
I will take requests if somebody wants a specific Warhammer 40k unit done. It'll take me max 2 weeks probably. I'd probably be willing to scatter one or two other units in, if I like them. I'm also happy to make models for people, cos I find it more fun then animating, so if anybody needs any models done, chances are I'll try it.
PM or email, I rarely read request threads.

Skills:
Buildings, Interface, Advisors, Ressources, anything PCX-related.
And new: Units too!

WIP
Short-term
Kaiju units ; Insects MOD and its units
Long-term
Dragonlance mod

Can be contacted for request by PM

Kulade

1. Making MS paint masterpieces (see avatar), can write civpedia and pediaicons with out getting bored.
2. No
3. Nothing
4. Whatever
5. Lots of money (just kidding)
6. PM

Kinboat

Skills
I've dabbled in a lot of things... Terrain, Leaderheads, Wondersplashes... but mostly Units.

Current project
Jumping around

List
Modern Legion
Zulu Cavalry
J-10
And many things that I'm either not listing or forgetting

Requests
Preferably not... Although if an idea strikes me there's a chance I'll take it up.

Contact
Private Message is the best way to do it.

1. Scenario Creator
I mostly mod scenarios.

2.Currently Working on
The Unification of Norway
WWII Mediterranean Theatre of Operations II

3.To do list

4. My favourite theme is 16th-20th century.

5. I'm open for requests.

6. Please use PM's to contact me.

1. skills
units, but I've also done leaderheads

2. current projects

3. to do list
nothing

4. specialty
prefer ancient and medieval units

5. open to requests
only if they're really interesting or unique

6. best way to contact
pm

aaglo - updated September 30th, 2006

Skills
Mainly units - I've done also some goodyhuts/citygfx/pediaicons/terrainbuildings/terrain/leaderhead-additions. I use pov-ray, and I have no use for those 'common' 3d-file-formats.

Current projects
- Bitcaster's mod about the history of Canada for [c3c]
- WH2.5-mod for [c3c]
- some miscellaneous WH40k-stuff...

Requests
Not right now, thank you :)

Contact
Via PM, please.

vbraun

Skills
Right now only Units/Civopedia Icons/Extensive Knowlodage of what you can and can't do in Civ3. ;)

Current Project
Learn Blender
Postera Terra
Mars Plane
Mars Walker (ala War of the Worlds) ;)

To do List:
Finsh Postera Terra.

Theme:
SciFi
Occasional history unit thats easy to do.

Requests:
Why not? Sure.

Contact
PM.

I hope I qualify.... if not i'll just delete my post.

Funky2882

Skills
Modding, Researcher

Projects
American Civil War 2005

To Do
Learn How to creat Units

Specialty
God like at finding units for scenarios. Can do civilopedia entries too.

Requests
Sure I guess but mostly for support w/ making a mod

Contact
Email me I don't check pms often enough and am really late sorry if i didn't do ur request.

Skills: Graphics - Buildings & wonders, tech, resources etc. Historical advisor if needed, especially military.

Current Projects: Doing graphics as usual & making my personal mod (huge work, advancing slowly).

To do: Perhaps in the future I will return to make Tomainia mod.

Theme: No special theme, misc graphics.

Request: I take requests, but reality has taught me that I don't have time or energy to make long lists of them come true. Ask one thing at the time and I'll be glad to help. Specific and thought ideas are easier to work with than "hey dude do something medieval". If you have a photo send it to ukas110@hotmail.com. And civilopedia entries are always welcomed.

I'm using my own schedule so it may take a day or few weeks. Bridge improvement for Yoda took 1½ years :lol:

Seriously, if I have promised something and it looks like haven't made it in reasonable time, meaning in less than a month, I very well may have forgotten it and you can then remind me by contacting me.

Communication: pm, in my threads in the graphics forum, e-mail.

Have Fun, :goodjob:

Ukas

Skills

Units :
Well, I have done a few copy/paste units, mostly as fillers before someone did a good one (egyptian spearman comes to mind !).
Tried to learn Poser but got stuck with one pb. Might try again though.

Maps :
My best skills so far have been used for making maps I think as I try to be very accurate. Problem : I am so much into PBEMs lately that I don't really take requests making maps anymore.

Scenarios :
You will soon know...

Where I can help : city placement and historical ideas or accuracy (that is my RL job).

Current project
Finishing two scenarios :
- The Great Armada or Philippe II vs Elizabeth or the Dutch fight for independance (TGA will be for short)
- Spanish Reconquista

Other things in the works but I prefer not to say too much too early.

To Do List

Finishing these two scenarios and a mod about Eastern Asia (standard epic but on a special map, with some new civs and all possible flavor units).
Another scenario has been in the works but I have no idea when and if I will finish it.

Requests

As said in the "Skills" I can help about historical and geographical accuracy (city placements, city owner... is what I have time and skills to do well) or historical research (but I on't know everything !).
Now I want to make it crystal clear I won't take all requests and especially I am tired of people thinking a scenario is just placing cities on a map and that they can just place cities one after another (in the Civ naming order) not checking where they actually are at all then ask if someone can "check". So first open any good atlas and if possible and needed an historical one and you will have much help already. Then I can help checking, correcting... but I am not gonna do the entire work of city placement (usually these people do that on huge maps which is all the more fun) !!!

I might try doing Poser units again BUT with my limited skills I won't take requests (I just could not do them so don't take it badly).

Mapmaking : honestly I don't plan making more anytime soon. I have done some and converted a lot that fit most scenarios and just need some tweaks. BUT if someone who is an outstanding contributor to the comunity needs one and I can do it I won't turn him/her down at all.

Contact
by PM preferably

SKILLS. Unit creator. Model builder. I use Bryce and TrueSpace.

CURRENT PROJECTS. Israeli Air Force 1948 - present. Austrian Air Forces 1912 - present.

TO-DO LIST. See my signature, read the first post there.

THEME. If it flies, it's TopGun material!

REQUESTS. I am always open to help people out.

CONTACT. PM me, that's the best way.

Top Bottom