Super Meat Boy Pack

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
Every now and then, someone talks about making a video-game mod. If someone finally starts it, you can use these jumping pixels !

Meat Boy

Brownie

Download

Super Meat Boy is truly a great game by Team Meat. It's available on PC and X360. If you're into plate-formers or if you've played 80s/early 90s plate-formers, you have to try it ! It's a blast !

http://www.supermeatboy.com/

Done in two days.

Check this out. It's definitely not an ugly game at all. The design echoes those of 8/16 bits games : the characters are blocky, stage colors could probably fit in one 256 palette. I tried to keep all of these and transport it to isometric 3D.

It's pixel age nostalgia. :)

You are right, it looks quite interesting.

I heard that it was voted as the second "best game ever" recently by a computer magazine, according to the score awarded to games by it. It probably was Gamespot?

I siomply laughed my arse off! :rotfl: :thumbsup:

Meat boy Meat boy! SMB is a great game. With a great soundtrack. Awesome unit, Supa!

Hmm, does that bring back memories of the Mac Plus and Trash 80 games, some of which I wish that I could still play.

Who or what says you can't?

:shifty:

The title of this thread is kind of scary to someone who didn't know anything about that game or that it even existed.

However...
:rotfl:
These units are great! They're funny, well made, and original! Great work!:goodjob:

I don't see how I can put this in my Main Focus right now, but I can see this going into the Princess mod for my girls. I could see these little guys somehow fitting into the Evil civs.

That Death animation looks like something out of SMACx.

Thanks again!

@Bigdog

Creeper ? That floating Metroid wanabe that kept eating me in SMB ?

@Plotinus :

It's really simple.

It's all textures. I've created several maps with images coming from different sources (in-game video, ads, official website) or directly doing them from scratch.

In Poser, I've used several 'Blender' nodes in materials and animated them so the model (a cube props here) texture switches from Texture_Neutral to Texture_Angry in fortify, from Angry to Happy in Victory, from Angry to Sad in Death, etc.

Spoiler :
Notice the green keys next to the bending parameters. It means they are animated. Each goes from 0 to 1 to blend (and ultimately switch between) Input_1 and Input_2.

Wow, that's one hell of an idea, and i'm sure it can be done on other programs as well…

Top Bottom