Spoiler :

The Monster's Bride

Spoiler :

Frankenstein's Monster from Toho

The Monster Heart

Spoiler :
#DESC_Frankenstein_Monster_Heart
^
^Transcript extract from a discussion between Imperial Navy Officer Kawai and Axis scientist Dr. Reisendorf.
^
^{Dr. Reisendorf}: Frankenstein's heart.
^{Mr. Kawai}: Frankenstein? It's alive?
^{Dr. Reisendorf}: It is immortal.
^{Mr. Kawai}: Immortal?
^{Dr. Reisendorf}: You never heard what was said of Frankenstein's experiments?
^{Mr. Kawai}: Yes, but I heard he was destroyed.
^{Dr. Reisendorf}: Well, a long time ago, a German scientist sewed together the parts of a man in hopes to bring it back to life. He used an electric shock to bring it to life.
^{Mr. Kawai}: But what can we gain from the research?
^{Dr. Reisendorf}: We might learn how to process or grow any part of the human body.
^{Mr. Kawai}: Please don't joke with me.
^{Dr. Reisendorf}: I am quite serious. This heart is a living thing. It we can learn from its cellular structure, regardless of wartime or peace, illness or injury, we would be able to help everyone.
^
^December 1944.
^
^in [Frankenstein Conquers the World] (Ishiro Honda, 1965)

It started as a new daikaiju for Gojira54's Modzilla but it soon expanded to other versions of the Frankenstein's Monster. I probably got the idea when I saw it mentioned in one post or another in the Steampunk forum, so if you still thinking about integrate him, go ahead, you'll make my day !

I thought about doing the scientists too (Victor, Henry) and the Gargantuans but that's enough for now.

Download

I've got a problem with the Monster Heart : it doesn't move in game. If someone knows what the deal is here, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks to Plotinus who mentioned Micaelus wonderful script in one of his thread. I completely missed it when it was released and it's a real time saver. How many times did I push back an unit rendering because it was so time consuming ? And of course, thanks to Micaelus !

You missed Young Frankenstein, with Gene Wilder. That was a pretty good movie, and had a different approach to the monster.

There are also the Hammer version, Branagh's, Weird West's Frankenstein (Jesse James meets..), Blackenstein and may others. But I had to draw a line.

But I agree, Young Frankenstein is a damn good movie, done with a great love to the Universal films and clichés.

Oh, sweet mystery of life at last I've found you!

Supa... Great Monster Pack and the Heart is too Cool :goodjob:

Monster's Heart...You need to make the animations for all directions so it will play in the other directions too it is only shown in the SW direction so even the Default will not show unless it is in the SW :)
You can use the same animation for all directions but place it for all directions on the storyboard.
You do not need the animation placed in "Blank=" in the .ini

That's the way it is... Amazing pack, and a good surprise! Really love your work Supa, and I have to say it's getting better and better (to my taste). What model didi you use BTW? Just curious...

Very cool and totally unexpected! Now to shoehorn the Toho version into Modzilla... Never saw that movie, I guess I need to if I want to make an attempt at staying true to the lore...

Just saw YF again about a month ago... if you are going to do the heart, you need an Abby Normal brain :D

BTW - Vuldacon may be interested in these for EfZI2....

I dont' understand what's the point of "one direction" feature if it only plays when facing SW ?
I'll update it soon, thanks Vuldacon !

Supa... the reason is because the unit is seen on the map in all directions. Unlike a Paradrop for example.
The one animation seen has nothing to do with that :) So Units need all directions on the Storyboard even if the same animation is shown.

That's the way it is... Amazing pack, and a good surprise! Really love your work Supa, and I have to say it's getting better and better (to my taste). What model didi you use BTW? Just curious...

Thanks !

Daz's Michael 4 (it's free!) with LukeA's Frankenstein Monster morph and textures. Modified when I had too.

The Bride is Daz's Victoria 4 (free too!) with a posable dress props (don't remember the author, although I can find it again).

Very cool and totally unexpected! Now to shoehorn the Toho version into Modzilla... Never saw that movie, I guess I need to if I want to make an attempt at staying true to the lore...

Just saw YF again about a month ago... if you are going to do the heart, you need an Abby Normal brain :D

BTW - Vuldacon may be interested in these for EfZI2....

In the movie, in late 1944, the Germans take away the Frankenstein's Monster heart from Dr Reisendorf and send it for safekeeping to their Japanese allies. They store it in a lab in Hiroshima. 20 years later, a young savage boy is seen around Hiroshima and is taken into custody.. until he begins to grow and grow and grow. The heart, already able to regenerate, infused with radioactivity in now growing into a giant body, towering at 20 meters. He fights a giant monster, too. ^^ Definitely a weird movie. The opposing was Baragon, who also appeared in later Godzilla movie, thus establishing Frankenstein's Monster in the same continuity (for a given value of continuity ^^) as Godzilla.

There is also a sequel "War of the Gargantuans" where the Monster's remains grow into two different monsters

Thanks !

Daz's Michael 4 (it's free!) with LukeA's Frankenstein Monster morph and textures. Modified when I had too.

The Bride is Daz's Victoria 4 (free too!) with a posable dress props (don't remember the author, although I can find it again).
Thanks for the info! This guy LukeA has done dome crazy stuff... nice work once again!

They're all great, Supa! :)

The heart is awesome! I'm going to use it in my Body scenario, instead of the place holder unit I have now! :)

Thanks for the comments !

Lord Malbeth >

I have yet to correct it (and I will) but I can also make a bigger version. Original animation I've used is 214x214 so it would be pretty easy.

Lord Malbeth >

I have yet to correct it (and I will) but I can also make a bigger version. Original animation I've used is 214x214 so it would be pretty easy.

That would be very awesome! :goodjob:

Top Bottom