Egyptian Werecat

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
It is a totally unplanned unit, made in a little more than 4 hours. I saw the models and I knew I had to make it.

Made with no mod in mind, I guess it may perhaps find a spot in one of the Steampunk scenario, in a general fantasy mod or any fantasy scenario set in one of the egyptian craze (mid 19th, 1920s).

There are two .ini. In one, she transforms during Fortify anim; in the other, she does it during AttackA.

Enjoy!

Download
Models by Sixus1.

Egyptian Werecat won the second place in the 2011 September Unit Competition

although i appreciate your unit skills i must say something very personal : the damn box - is a set of measures to keep things right, if you lost sight of the box is a real problem. i wonder how dark this world would have been without the CATSLAYER.

what i intended to say is that women, leather, tails, masks, claws, mice and dogs do not really work together, and that's why to world is sinking...:lmao:

Nice. I love these morphing units :D

me too.

now a werewolf to go with it.

Rival civs: Cat-women vs Dog-men. an old conflict given new meaning. :D

or Catwoman/Blackcat-like anti-hero

Made with no mod in mind, I guess it may perhaps find a spot in one of the Steampunk scenario,..
:goodjob:
... or any fantasy scenario set in one of the egyptian craze (mid 19th, 1920s).
" They're fairy-tales, Irena, fairy tales heard in your childhood, nothing more than that. They have nothing to do with you, really."

Thanks for the comments!

I'll have to check with GenghisFarb, but this very well may be our first stripper unit.

I was about to P.M. a moderator to ask if it was okay to post this unit, but then I remembered the dozens of Amazon units, naked or half naked during all their animations. The Werecat is without either clothes or furs for merely 5 frames so I guess I'm safe. :lol:

Blue Monkey said:
" They're fairy-tales, Irena, fairy tales heard in your childhood, nothing more than that. They have nothing to do with you, really."

Yes, I thought about Cat-People too. ;-)

Quinzy said:
Nice. I love these morphing units

The issue with morphing units is.. when to morph ?
The cooler moment is during Fortify, so the players can see it whenever it wants. Also, the unit is really ready by the end of Fortify and is at its cooler state.
But when an unit attacks, the fortify animation is either unplayed or cut short if too long: Here, she's about to rip her robe when she's immediately got in werecat form.
The timing wasn't all bad and it's still obvious she's transforming so I left it like that. But I also rendered an alternative attacka, combining Fortify and AttackA, if people want to keep the transformation for AA and thus playing it uncut when the unit attacks.

Concurred with Quinzy and Jord Kells. We need more units like this!

I was about to P.M. a moderator to ask if it was okay to post this unit, but then I remembered the dozens of Amazon units, naked or half naked during all their animations. The Werecat is without either clothes or furs for merely 5 frames so I guess I'm safe. :lol:
Not an official policy - just the way I would adjudicate it based on discussions regarding units in a later version of Civ:

• No obvious display of primary sex characteristics
  • No objectionable activity in any animations
  • Most were-creature transformations would rip the clothing off thus destroying it. The disrobing seems appropriate.
Therefore the unit is okay. As is the preview.

Top Bottom