American Zilla Pack

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
Gojira54 (formally known as Amesjustin) first specifically forbade it, then he kind of allowed it if it was ever made and finaly, he explicitly requested it.

So I went ahead and made not one, but 6 of them. Serve you right, sir !

Model by Scott Ayers
Run animation by LDragon

Zilla

Spoiler :

Final Zilla

Spoiler :

Zilla Jr

Spoiler :

Juvenile Zilla

Spoiler :

Cyber-Zilla

Spoiler :

Zilla Egg

Sounds included.

In bonus, a few PCX jobs :

Great Wonder and Iguana resource

Spoiler :

Download

I plan to throw one in the monthly competition, so I’d like to ask which one would you prefer to see participate ?

cyber-zilla ... probably cause it would fit nicely into mod benn fooling with for a tad, also i like it.

Thanks for the comments!

I've added the download link.

It's first time I've used the displacement feature to this extant : Cyber-Zilla's armor actually is parts the model displaced to look like an added layer. The bionic arm was very fun to do and is integrally made of textured primitives.

Overall, it was a nice pack to make.

Can you guess what sound I put to Original Zilla's fidget ? Nostalgia Critic fans should already have guessed by this point. :D

These look great!

One tiny point - I notice that the breath objects are still visible, but tiny, in between the attacks, floating about in front of the creature's face. I doubt this will show in game, but it may be that you didn't scale them down enough when not in use. I always scale such things to 0.1% when they aren't supposed to be visible and that seems to get rid of them to all intents and purposes.

Great stuff! I was it would work with CIV4. They look really great. The unit makers for CIV3 are truly gifted.

Good unit, but Zilla, really? lol.

Let me get this straight: you waited a month to bump this thread just to make a snarky remark? Like so many ideas that originate in the outlands it's had the opposite effect on me; I've been reminded anew of just how really good these units all are. Very Zilla, very cool. Ignore him Supa, he's overdosed on hot sun.

How did I miss this???

VERY nice job, as always Supa! Definitely unexpected.

I was expecting Zilla to be more of a sidelined minor Kaiju, but now that you've presented a whole line I may have to rethink that.... I love your Civilopedia entries, too... I agree having Zilla be faster with multiple attacks per turn, but also with a weaker attack and much weaker defense makes it a still-viable kaiju with a different attack strategy than just Tanking it... I'll have to work out the upgrade line since some adults have atomic breath...

I am thinking the Original Zilla is preplaced only and not buildable, a starting version. Then A wonder can auto-produce the eggs, which must be protected and are immobile, which can be upgraded into the following line: Eggs - Juvenile - Jr. - Final. Cyber will be buildable by the human civs at the endgame, with the Zilla Remains Resource, Kaiju Genome Tech and Cyborg Tech, similar to the other mecha-kaiju....

Again, WOW!

Glad you like it ! It seems we're never active at the same time on this forum. ;-)

About the upgrade-line :

An alternative would be to have a GW auto-produces the Juvenile Zilla. If you're using the eggs as starting point, you'll probably see the Juvenile perhaps once in the game, perhaps never - soon the eggs would upgrade directly to the current (adult) Zilla. Referring to the movie, it would be nice to have a pack of juveniles running around until you've got enough cash to upgrade at least one of them. In fact, the idea behind the Egg was entirely something else.

I don't know if I proposed this idea on the pedia text here, but I thought of the following :

When you discover a new tech, allowing a new GW, auto-producing a daikaiju unit, you have to (1) build the GW and (2) wait for an unit to be auto-produced. Thus, a lot of turns can pass between the discovering of the appropriate technology and the creation of the unit. Quite a let down, and perhaps a balance problem between civs.

Here comes starting units as the Egg. The Egg is a useless starting unit, preplaced in one of the Kaiju cities. There is only one of them and you can't build others. It upgrades to Zilla. When you discover the Tech, you can upgrade your Egg to Zilla, enjoying immediately the joy of your newfound beast.

Edit:

Also, perhaps the update line should be :
Juvenile > Zilla > Final > Jr ? I don't remember if I gave Final a Blast attack.

I'll have to check it once I get my PC back up next month, still accessing the net through the Wifes laptop until my office is done.... The unit line may change with the different scenarios, and as you said might be affected by whom has the halitosis and who does not... A pack of Juveniles would be interesting too...

I am also thinking about the global scenario I have in mind - with 6 units, and an original starting point of French Polynesia, with a later nesting point of NYC, there are some interesting possibilities... Another benefit to Zilla is that it breeds. I know Godzilla and Mothra and Kong have in the various movies, but VERY rarely - Zilla will I think be slightly cheaper and easier to build and upgrade, appearing more frequently...

As far as may changing attitude on Zilla, well, Toho seems to have embraced Zilla as part of the family, as Final Wars points out. I was so bitterly disappointed in the 1998 American Godzilla it took me awhile to accept it as part of the franchise, but all things considered the movie wasn't bad, just GINO ;) Over the years, I've grown to like the movie, with the outlook that it is NOT Godzilla ;)

Anyways, these units are great, I can't wait to play around with them. There is actually a larger array of gameplay available with this kaiju line than any of the others now, and this may shift the mod around a bit.

Zilla has a good design. The monster action scenes weren't bad either. But the actors... and the plot.. dreadful!

Attached here are all Dead Zilla pcx you need to put a Dead Zilla resource in your game. It might come handy as a prerequisite to build Cyber-Zilla.

Attachments

• Dead Zilla Pack.rar
    20.6 KB · Views: 294
Top Bottom