LM: Savannah

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
A Landmark terrain for the forest.

I always wanted some savannah in my African plains, so..

It's supposed to be placed on plains, so it doesn't look so good on grasslands.

Pediaicons included.

Edit: Typos. I should be ashamed.

Attachments

• Savannah.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 825
Well, there is also the Marsh whose has almost the same configuration. A little cut and paste and you'd just have to sacrifice the marsh.

I'm wondering why there aren't LM Marsh or, at least, LM Jungle.

Finally I'm not the only one making LM terrain...

And it's probably not my last :)

Very cool! I want to use this but im allready using a LM Forest, cant this be used as some other LM terrain?

The problem is that such inclusions (rocks, tree) come more often than wished in game. And generaly, in line so it doesn't seem natural. Perhaps I could add a rock or two on the borders. I dunno.

Gogf, it was in his Dark Continent Pack.

yes, you're right, but one tree on one tile and one rock on one other tile (in the pcx) should work, because the unnatural appereance is more conspicuous on big savana areas. But it's a LM Terrain, and I don't think, that someone creates a hole continent only with savana...

Weasel Op said:
Why not just use this as LM plains?
Great work btw :thumbsup:
Because plains is a base terrain, while forest is an overlay. The base LM terrains are almost unusable.

Basically, there isn't one LM plains file, there are 3. these show how the plains connect to coast, grassland and desert, but as it doesn't show how it connect to lm grassland or desert it's of no use...

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
what does it look like with terrain improvements on them ??

Something like that.

Attachments

• savannah-imp-preview.jpg
    savannah-imp-preview.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,149
Could you please make it LMPlains? I'm already using LMForests for mangroves. If you can't, please tell me with the LMPlains are called. (The data I mean) I know pgc is one, but I can't tell which others are.

Edit: Well, I used Cordy's plains to create an LM Plain. Its not very good, so you should cover the gaps with either grassland or mountains. I did not make the plains, they were made by Cordy, but I altered the name to make it a land mark. There are gaps with regular plains, but thats what grasslands and mountains are for. Consider it an alternative Savanah if you are already using the LMForests.

Attachments

• lxdgp.zip
    226.4 KB · Views: 361
  • lxpgc.zip
    175 KB · Views: 422
  • lxdpc.zip
    250.2 KB · Views: 396
Top Bottom