North American Bald Eagle.. and other things.

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
I've finally finished the North American Bald Eagle unit Balthasar requested for his western scenario Goldrush.

It contains two different default (perched or flying) and different lead-in to attacks animation (I'm sure Balt will be able to figure them out - and there are 3 different .ini that should be ready to use).

I was rendering this unit when I though about variations I could do. I knew about the marvelous Kinboat's Eagles, Tom's Ancient and regular Eagle and I think I saw a Phoenix once. Then, it hit me.. Of course, the Giant Condor !

The Giant Condor is a monstrous bird of prey appearing in Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster (Jun Fukuda - 1966). It was a throw-away monster, fighting for barely 40 seconds before being disposed by Godzilla. No special powers, no shooting ray, only a bird of prey with a wingspan of 25 meters. Originally, this movie was supposed to be starring King Kong and not Godzilla. The switch came rather late and Godzilla found himself fighting giant animals rather than its usual giant dinosaurs and mutated monsters.

The Giant Condor (that doesn't look like a condor) only appeared in one other movie All Monsters Attack (Ishiro Honda - 1969) but only as recycled footage from its previous movie. Without a Heisei or Millenium version, the Condor in Gojira54's Modzilla was doomed to be an unit without upgrade, probably built during the first era and quickly becoming obsolete. As there is no fun in that, I've decided to adapt KaijuSamurai's Ookondoru design, an update of the Giant Condor for his Godzilla Neo project.

And that's enough for now !

Download.

Awesome work Supa! Yes, Condor is a pretty minor kaiju, but still part of the family - Good to have an upgrade for him! These units fit much better than the current Condor unit I am using.

IIRC the Phoenix unit you referred to was just a red recolor of Kinboats eagle.

For the upgrade - I don't think his abilities change, so perhaps the usual +1 to attack, defense, hp, possibly increase sight range to 2 if the base Condor doesn't have it... Maybe faster, too - or allow multiple attacks.

I am sure Balthasar with love the Bald Eagle - that is a great unit, and perfect for his upcoming Goldrush scenario, especially with the Saguaro landing! I will probably include it as a rogue Barb unit in MZDR in North America.

Excellent work as always!

The North American Bald Eagle! Pardon me while I have a moment of patriotic pride..

Yes, this is a great unit for the Goldrush! Mod, and completely unexpected! The Condor also has a home on the West Coast, surely. And the Modzilla Condor can fill in as a Malagor in the Steampunk/Barsoom mods, so it's a Hat-Trick!

One thing, though (and I hesitate to mention this, given my sheer joy at the fact that you made this at all) - the Bald Eagle is not known to be a desert bird, so, while you have this still on your desktop, perhaps you could make it perch on a tall rock?

And I must also mention that I'd have an immediate use for a version of that Modzilla Condor with a Native American rider, if you should feel like making one...

But don't let that all detract from the fact that I'm thoroughly and totally delighted! Great work, Supa, and BTW, the animations on these are all Supa too!

Thanks guys !

One thing, though (and I hesitate to mention this, given my sheer joy at the fact that you made this at all) - the Bald Eagle is not known to be a desert bird, so, while you have this still on your desktop, perhaps you could make it perch on a tall rock?

Of course, but not right now so you might have to recall it to me after a while. In the meantime, you have an alternate default, where it's just flying like the Giant Condor.

And I must also mention that I'd have an immediate use for a version of that Modzilla Condor with a Native American rider, if you should feel like making one...

Sure. Do you have a reference for the plumage (lore, etc) or does the current suit you ? References for the rider would be nice too, in fact.

For the upgrade - I don't think his abilities change, so perhaps the usual +1 to attack, defense, hp, possibly increase sight range to 2 if the base Condor doesn't have it... Maybe faster, too - or allow multiple attacks.

I guess it depends on when you want to upgrade to be available. If it's Millenium era, it might have to be a bigger upgrade to keep it interesting, even for a minor daikaiju.

I love the eagle. Now, can I find a use for it? Maybe, but I'm going to try.

Of course {I will make a bald eagle perching on a rock}, but not right now so you might have to recall it to me after a while. In the meantime, you have an alternate default, where it's just flying like the Giant Condor..

Okay, sorry; I posted before I'd seen the file. That'll teach me. On the other hand, having it perch on a rock would be cool, so I will remind you some day..:p

Sure {I can add a rider}. Do you have a reference for the plumage (lore, etc) or does the current suit you ? References for the rider would be nice too, in fact.

It's for Barsoom, not for the old west. >Here's< a reference for the bird (called a Malagor). The 20-meter-wide wingspan is what made me think of it. I think the Modzilla Condor looks just like it. We're using American Indians to portray Burrough's Red Martian race, since that's who he obviously based them on anyway. The red martians are described in the books as essentially naked except for an across-the-chest harness that holds a sword and maybe a radium gun. Tom2050 has accurate gun and sword props that he used for his Tharks and Dejah Thoris if you want to really go whole hog on it, otherwise a reddish guy or two hanging on for dear life would do - it's perfectly reasonable to let a bird that size do all of the attacking!

It's for Barsoom, not for the old west.

And here I though you were drawing upon War Eagles, Willis O'Brien's unmade movie.

I really need to read Barsoom books. I think I saw some nice re-editions recently, I might have to check that.

Back on the topic, I'll do it, probably adding a tail and some horns to the model.

And here I though you were drawing upon War Eagles, Willis O'Brien's unmade movie.

No, but it looks extremely interesting.

I really need to read Barsoom books. I think I saw some nice re-editions recently, I might have to check that.

Now's the time. Pixar/Disney is working right now on John Carter of Mars (set for release in 2012), so this is our last chance to imagine it before they do.

Back on the topic, I'll do it, probably adding a tail and some horns to the model.

Cool, very cool.

They're all fantastic! Really great work on these, Supa!:goodjob:

is there a way i could get a wild boar somewhere??? yes, yes, and than the eternal question WILD OX, where do i get an oxen or even a wild one????please help.:wallbash:

Top Bottom