Extinct Animals

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
I've decided to create a thread where I'll put all my units made around a particular theme : extinct animals.

I just don't have enough space left in my signature to accommodate one thread for each unit so every time I make one, I'll bump this thread.

Index

Mesozoic
Cenozoic

Fictional Extinct Fauna

Every units representing a fictional animal based a real extinct animal but still very close to the real deal will also be included in this thread.

Skull Island Fauna

Brachiosaurus

Created after Jurassic Park Brachiosaurus. It shares some of its discrepancies : real Brachiosaurus couldn't jump like this, they probably couldn't be stable in a three-feet position and they definitely couldn't twist their neck like this. But it works as a Civ-3 unit. ;-)

Download

Balthasar, you've once asked for an immerged sauropod. Do you still have the need ?

If so, I could make an additional Brachiosaurus akin to this (totally inaccurate but beautiful) Burian painting.

VERY VERY VERY VERY cool!!! Perfect sister unit to your Apatasaurus (which also belongs in this thread).

You might want to create a Kaiju Unit thread too, the would greatly reduce your signature ;)

You are having a very busy month!

...and you know I would love an aquatic sauropod, too!

Again Supa, your units are awesome. I NEED to get these in my Jurassic Park scenario!

Thanks!

Gojira54 & Balthasar > I'll make one, then.

Lord Malbeth > I'd use Brachiosaurus over Apatosaurus in your great JP scenario. The Apatosaurus was made with a very specific 'Early 20th Century SFX' vibe that wouldn't suit JP, imoh. But the Apatosaurus was the sauropod featured in the book, where Brachiosaurus was only in the movie.

Blue Monkey > Eocene to Pleistocene fauna won't be missing if I can help it. I've already thought about Terror birds and Megatherium. Ancylotherium, Glyptodon, Macrauchenia, Paraceratherium, all kinds of Proboscidea would be fun. In the end, it depends on the models I can find. You have a place to put them ? Steampunk mod ?

Funny, I re-read the Lost World a few weeks ago and I started daydreaming about a scenario with a Challenger Expedition civ, a Native Tribe, an Ape-Man Civ, all strugglind to survive in the Mapple White Plateau. I've got to stop thinking about Civilization each time I see something.

Funny, I re-read the Lost World a few weeks ago and I started daydreaming about a scenario with a Challenger Expedition civ, a Native Tribe, an Ape-Man Civ, all strugglind to survive in the Mapple White Plateau. I've got to stop thinking about Civilization each time I see something.
There's a reason the Pandectual Garland includes icons for techs such as "Cryptozoology" & "Antipodial Adventurism" amongst others. ;)

I've got to stop thinking about Civilization each time I see something.

But... but.... this is part of we love you!:sad:

Ape Man units would be cool. Tech: Bone Weapons. I already have a Monolith resource made!

. well okay, that was a different movie....

I, too relate everything to some sort of Civ scenario these days - lots of ideas about. The beauty of this group is that there is so much we haven't done yet that there is a lot of room for invention and creation left. Keep dreaming.

Columbian Mammoth

The Columbian Mammoth, Mammuthus columbi, was a species of elephant inhabiting North America during the late Pleistocene. It may have been present as recently as 9 000 B.C.

Big and small versions. Alternate pedia icons by Zdeněk Burian.

I was about to post it when I thought about resources.. I already made one for the Apatosaurus, so why not one for this mammoth ?

But then, what would be really cool is a tar-trapped mammoth resource.

Or even, better, an tar-trapped mammoth unit !

Alors voilà. It was supposed to be a speed-unit and it was until I got better ideas. :crazyeye:

Download
Elephant Model by Debra (free at DAZ3D)
Columbian Mammoth Morph by Mec4D
Run animation by Cliff Bowman

very good thread. really good :dance:. i second blue monkey more extinct mammals .ohhhhhhh....there is a long list in my head....just create them slowly and well. maybe we all could help with a little do this, or do that as a final touch....:bowdown:

Top Bottom