Supa's Fantasy Forge

A Centaur

My first horseman unit ! And first bowman too. :D

It's my first try at animating a horse and I'm quite pleased at how it turned out. :) The looping AttackB was inspired by 2002 Kryten's Horse Archer.
Sounds & unit32 included. Has Civ-colors.

Code:
Centaur (female) unit for Civilization III
------------------------------------------

Uploaded 13th February 2013.

Animations by Supa
Millenium Horse model by DAZ
Victoria 4 model by DAZ
Centaur morph by hemi426
V4 Bow Draw pose by McG used
Tribal Bow by Spyro
Quiver by Spyro
Valens Hair by Dyald
Top by Hemi426
Space Belt by rigoberto gonzalez
Various sounds by Firaxis Games (Sid Meier's Civilization III & Sid Meier's Civilization IV)
Scream by thanvannispen
Fall sound by cjosephwalker

Thanks to 
Utahjazz for his setup!
Micaelus for his render script!
Steph for SBB!
Cyber Dreyk for Civ3FLC!
Moeniir for Flicster!

Download

The Centaur won the February 2013 Monthly Competition!

Very nice! :woohoo: Is it running without moving during AttackB ? How does this look in game ? The arrow looks a bit big to me but overall a very good unit :) Congrats on your first archer + horse animation!

Very nice! :woohoo: Is it running without moving during the Attack ? How does this look in game ? The arrow looks a bit big to me but overall a very good unit :)

Thanks! Yep, it's running in place. It looks quite good imho. I've played for years with Kryten's Horse Archer without being the slightest disturbed. The point is an unarmored mounted archer wouldn't stay in one place while attacking.

The arrow and the bow cord are exaggerated so they would still be easily visible in-game.

That is some incredible animation on the centaur Supa, excellent work, one of your best! Great to see you back at it old buddy!

Many thanks.

I have at times considered sound making a frustrating task but I actually enjoyed creating them for this unit. I have a greater understanding of Audacity thanks to it.

Wow, very cool unit Supa! You especially did a great job with the motions on this one. If I ever get around to doing a cavalry unit I'll definitely have to look close at your run animation as inspiration.

EDIT: And the death animation is first rate!

Thanks! Yep, it's running in place. It looks quite good imho. I've played for years with Kryten's Horse Archer without being the slightest disturbed. The point is an unarmored mounted archer wouldn't stay in one place while attacking.

The arrow and the bow cord are exaggerated so they would still be easily visible in-game.
Stellar idea! (I'm hoping somebody can do something similar for a Parthian horse archer.)

Thanks for the comments!

@Gary
I couldn't get better praise. If you prefer, I could also share the actual animation. Of course, the neck & head wouldn't be animated, but it could be a base for your take on it. I've used Eadweard Muybridge's works as references for these animations.

I thought I'd already commented on this unit, but as I see that I haven't...

Incredible, especially for a first horse unit and first bow unit!!! Everything is well done! :goodjob::)

Great unit! The firing while running part in particular stands out.

Top Bottom