Rrr! Lioness (11/18/05)

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
One thing always bothered me since I met my first animal unit in Civ-4 : Why do the Lions ever travel by group of 3 males ? Kinda unrealistic. This is the reason why I made a Lioness.

There is a guide inside the archive explaining how you can add this unit in your game. Only two files to edit. ;) The Lioness will be added in the current Lion unit, replacing 2 of the 3 males. If you want to have a Lioness only unit, I've also added a proper icon.

If you spot an error or if you've got trouble installing this unit, please say it here.

Warning, it's a RAR file

Attachments

• Lioness.rar.not.zip
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,453
The Lion said to the Lioness; Get in the Desert and make meh a gazelle sammich woman!

Supa said:
Thanks for the comments!

Yes, the Lionesses are usually the only ones to hunt, but (very) occasionally, males hunt too.
Any way to make the lions as playable units? I would love to sick lions on Missionaries. It just seems soo.... biblical :lol:

CrazyAce said:
Yeap, lions are the 2nd or 3rd most laziest creatures on earth.

I wonder how scientists assign laziness values for statistical purposes :hmm:

Maybe...

1. Hours of sleep out of 24 hours.
2. Chance of moving in event of stampede or fire. (1 through 10)
2. Likelihood of eating young if nothing else lying around. (1 through 10)

Weasel Op said:
Looks good. Aren't lionesses the ones that usually hunt?
Well, most adult male lions have to hunt all the time because they don't belong to a pride. The few male lions who do get to be part of a pride don't hunt as much as the females. However, when the pride goes after really big game, the males join the hunt. They also defend the pride from other predators -- like other male lions.

Dom Pedro II said:
I wonder how scientists assign laziness values for statistical purposes :hmm:

Maybe...

1. Hours of sleep out of 24 hours.

ive read lists of laziest animals based on that. The thing i read had:
1) Koala (~23 hourse sleep a day)
2) dunno
3) sloth ( something like 20 hours sleep)

i guess if your going into gender as well as species its kinda differenct... and when does a clam count as asleep? dunno.. but yea...

Can you show me a guide on how to add Lioness as a seperate unit? the guide in the .rar wasn't complete =/

your guide only said this:

If you want to use the Lioness as a seperate unit, an new icon is also provided (Assets\Units\Lioness\Lioness_button.dds and Assets\Interface\Supa_Resource_Atlas.dds (2,1)).

x_x and.. what do i add in xml if i want to make it as a seperate unit =x

It isn't in the guide because I didn't want to add all the variations you could do with this unit ;)

If you want to add a "solo" Lioness, you can take a look at my other unit (Tiger). It's a full new unit added to the game. Add your lioness with this guide, replacing what you have to replace (_Lioness instead of _Tiger, the .dds button, ect). It's quite easy.

Runriot said:
Any way to make the lions as playable units? I would love to sick lions on Missionaries. It just seems soo.... biblical :lol:

:lol: It sure does! :lol:

Although, in most of those cases it's the Missionary (aka Bible Character) that wins...

Samson
Daniel
David

Are three examples.

To have one of your missionaries turn out like Samson would be bad ass. Lion's aren't that lazy, they just spend the vast majority of the day having sex with thier many women folk.

R-A-N-M-A said:
Lion's aren't that lazy, they just spend the vast majority of the day having sex with thier many women folk.

Hmm, maybe choosing to be a lion in the next life wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. ;)

neriana said:
Well, most adult male lions have to hunt all the time because they don't belong to a pride. The few male lions who do get to be part of a pride don't hunt as much as the females. However, when the pride goes after really big game, the males join the hunt. They also defend the pride from other predators -- like other male lions.

That's right and often male brothers without their own pride to leech off of will hunt together. Geez don't you ever watch Animal Planet.

Top Bottom