King Kong Pack

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
King Kong was my first unit, made in 2005. I've decided to go back to it, correct its most obvious flaws and expand the line for Modzilla. Most of the animations are brand new and only a few have been updated.

King Kong

Inspired by Cooper and Schoedsack's King Kong (1933).

Young Kong & Kiko

Inspired by Schoedsack's Son of Kong (1933). Included a Kiko variant, the white megaprimatus appearing in the movie.

Great Kong

Inspired by the infamous De Laurentiis' remake (1976). A bigger, straighter kong.

Mega Kong (Toho's King Kong I)

Inspired by Honda's King Kong vs Godzilla (1962). A 50 meters high Kong.

Super Kong (Toho's King Kong II)

Inspired by Honda's King Kong vs Godzilla (1962). Same hight, but with electric powers!

Spoiler A long pedia entry :

Download link

Does anyone enjoy making sounds ? I do, but most of the times, when I've finally made all the FLCs, I don't have enough energy to make any sounds. If someone wants to create some for these units or others of mine, he's very welcome.

Thanks Tom !

I'm still waiting for StrategyInformer to valid my upload before posting the link here.

I think I saw somewhere someone mentions a telepathic gorilla in his mod. I couldn't find it again when I began this pack so I haven't made it. Have I dreamed it ? Could it be one of the Steampunk scenario ?

These are great Supa, the animations are very fitting. How possible would it be to put an extra set of arms on the white one?

Damn! KA beat me to it:

These are great Supa, the animations are very fitting. How possible would it be to put an extra set of arms on the white one?

...Or a second torso, mid-waist to shoulders, including the second set of arms. It would be for the SP mod, of course. Here's what we're looking for:

Similar fighting style, I imagine, to the Tharks that Tom is making for us, though it's likely to run on his knuckles, as the second image shows. The Mohawk haircut is optional...I saw dreadlocks on one once...

Obviously we have to ask, since you do make such exquisite gorillas....

Supa, you never cease to amaze with your talent :D Great way to flesh out the Kong line.

I think the only things we are missing now Mechani-Kong from 1967's Tohos King Kong Escapes, the female Kong from De Laurentiis' 1986 sequel, and the 2005 Peter Jacksons Kong. I think that covers every Kong iteration ever to grace the film?

Not that I am not very satisfied with what you've made here, as I am, and I don't really have a need for the female Kong nor the 2005 one anyway :)

...and for the record, you and TOM2050 make the most useful units for me ;)

I think the only things we are missing now Mechani-Kong from 1967's Tohos King Kong Escapes, the female Kong from De Laurentiis' 1986 sequel, and the 2005 Peter Jacksons Kong. I think that covers every Kong iteration ever to grace the film?

The female Kong could be represented by the Great Kong unit. Same height, same stance. I think she was a little browner, but that's it.

I'm sure I could find other giant apes different enough I could make. The Kong from Kong - The Animated Series (USA, 2001) was blue/gray and could fuse with his human buddy to became a brown, hulked-out Mega-Kong! If I get bored enough... :D

But there are also : the Mighty Peking Man (who looked slightier human than any K.K. - Hong Kong, 1978) and Konga (a chimp turned gorilla turned giant gorilla in the 1961 London- although I guess it only needs a chimp unit). The Mighty Gorga (USA, 1968), as A.P.E.'s Kong (South Korea, 1976), doesn't need a particular unit. They can be done with the Great Kong. I'm not sure I have the inner strength to do Queen Kong (1976) !

On the other side, they are a few giant yeti monsters : The Abominable (USA, 2006) and Giant of the 20th Century (Italy, 1977).

By the way, I think Kiko could make a passable, regular sized yeti.

The Mechani-Kong is sure missing. I hoped to make one with the robot parts you've found (same principle as for Cyber-Zilla) but unfortunately they're not in a format I can use.

I'm glad we can now rehearse, at least some parts, the unmade precursor of King Kong vs. Godzilla : King Kong vs Prometheus, a Willis O'Brien project where a Kong would have fought a version of the Frankenstein's Monster.

Now, about the four armed White Ape..

I've waited a couple of days before answering. I thought, and still think, it's a little rude to request a quite different unit so soon in a release thread. I won't make a fuss of it, I'm all for new monster units and requests for them but I think the timing was poorly chosen.

Anyways, I'm not interested in making one right now, as I'll take a little distance from ape units (this pack was a long term project) and I'd have to either heavily modify the model and the rigging or combine an almost invisible model to the first and hoping for the best. Not out of the question but not right now. Beside, hasn't Tom already made a four armed white ape ? I do remember it was slightly more akin to a chimp than a gorilla, though.

I thought, and still think, it's a little rude to request a quite different unit so soon in a release thread. I won't make a fuss of it, I'm all for new monster units and requests for them but I think the timing was poorly chosen..

My apology for the apparent rudeness. It was my intention, and I'm sure it was KA's as well, that it was meant as a sincere compliment to the quality of your latest work, i.e., "your work on this pack was fantastic, I wonder if you could do this!" I regret that it didn't come across that way.

Anyways, I'm not interested in making one right now, as I'll take a little distance from ape units (this pack was a long term project) and I'd have to either heavily modify the model and the rigging or combine an almost invisible model to the first and hoping for the best. Not out of the question but not right now. Beside, hasn't Tom already made a four armed white ape ? I do remember it was slightly more akin to a chimp than a gorilla, though.

That's okay with me. Yes, Tom did do a four armed ape, but that was a conversion from an Atlantica Online unit, the second set of arms didn't move independently, and even he suggested that it could be used as a fill-in until we could get a proper White Gorilla made. We appreciated his contribution, but continue to hope for something more like the Great White Apes of the Barsoom stories. We've been working at this for a couple of years now, you see, and we can see the finish line, and, well, we're a bit eager about it, especially when, as I said, we see a whole pack of exceptionally made gorillas...

You've been so helpful and accommodating to us that it distresses me to have annoyed you. I shall endeavour to mind my P's and Q's better in the future. You deserve that, Supa.

I am totally fine without the other apes - you've already sprung much more on me than I had originally planned for! Mechani-Kong would be nice, but so would the countless other units we can't find suitable models for, can do without. :) And you have my apologies too for adding salt to the request wound.

Thanks for the comments!

And you have my apologies too for adding salt to the request wound.

Oh, don't worry. I haven't taken it like that at all. I was sharing my thoughts about an even-bigger expanded Kong unit line(s).

I don't hold a grudge over anyone. I think I was clear it was only a matter of timing rather than anything else and I welcome further discussions of any Kong topics, would it be lore, present units or any future potential units.

Wonderful! Makes me want to make just a small scenario with Kong vs. Godzilla in a small city map. Maybe with Skyscraper units dotted around the place which they can break. :D

Like, for example, a Donkey Kong? :mischief:

If the Video Game mod ever start, why not ? :D

Virote_Considon >

That's actually a very good idea. I wonder if Gojira54's Stomp Tokyo scenario could use it if you don't mind me stealing it. Perhaps they could be 'King units' for the J.S.D.F. to protect. If they're all gone, they lose.

Wonderful! Makes me want to make just a small scenario with Kong vs. Godzilla in a small city map. Maybe with Skyscraper units dotted around the place which they can break. :D

That's actually a very good idea. I wonder if Gojira54's Stomp Tokyo scenario could use it if you don't mind me stealing it. Perhaps they could be 'King units' for the J.S.D.F. to protect. If they're all gone, they lose.

I just have to finish my Tokyo Map so I can see that...

Top Bottom