New Unit (sort of): Chin Swordsman

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian

Attachments

• chin_swordsman_preview.gif
    chin_swordsman_preview.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 6,471
This easily qualifies as a new unit!

Would throwing in a rifle be a lot of work?

Strikes me as a good worker (albeit a heavily armed worker). I like it, in any case ;D

I love the two new Chinese units. I wanted to have different units for the Eastern civs, especially in the middle ages, but I didn't like giving the Japanese units to the Chinese. Now, if only we could pound some Indian units out of someone...

And yes, how could he be a worker? Good for chopping jungles, I guess, but you don't exactly hack a mine into a hill.

Kinboat?

Two questions: Do you have any objection to me changing the shirt color to become civ-specific (especially for my own private mod).

And secondly, if you don't mind... uh, how would I do that? I see that the colors in the palette for the shirt are slightly different than the default blue. Is there a simple trick, such as shifting the positions of the colors on the palette?

I like this unit, and your spearman also, as boxer rebels. I'd like to see them in black shirts, and generically in civ colored shirts so as to be irregular units for Asian civs.

Don't mind at all... in fact if you do it others might like it so you could post the modification here on the forums... As for how: It depends on what editing programs you have (and maybe someone who does a lot of cut and paste work could help you out more)... There is a tool in JASC PSP called a 'color converter' Basicly you select the color you want to change and the color you want it to change to then click on the image (double clicking will convert all of that color in the image). Don't know if there are similar functions in other programs. So if you open a storyboard made with red as the civ-specific color (to keep the belt red) and paste it onto a storyboard made with the blue civ-specific color... then color convert the different shades of blue from my setting to the civ settings... That's probably not the easiest way to do it.

TVA22 noticed some problems with the Large PCX image... I've tried to fix the palette and here it is. Let me know if it works out.

Attachments

• new_chinswordsman_largepcx.zip
    4 KB · Views: 231
Here are three Chins with CIV colored shirts

Attachments

• 3_chins.gif
    3_chins.gif
    37 KB · Views: 2,816
Thanks for the great units Kinboat

Great job :thumbsup: McSpacecase! The shirts make the units much easier to distinguish than the belts. On minor point though. Once the shirts are civ colored, maybe one could have another cool color for the belt?

Top Bottom