Official Godzilla Scenario discussion thread

I hope you guys can finish this mod as it looks to be really different! That, and who could resist a game full of godzilla and kaiju? Any chance of Jet Jaguar as part of Japanese Defense Force?

I know its not really the same series, but what about Cameos by Ultraman and/or Gamora? Im sure a Turtle could be touched up to be Gamora, and Ultraman is just a guy in a suit...

In retrospect, didnt Gamora and Godzilla cross paths?

I doubt that Godzilla and Gamera ever have been in the same movie. But Ames wants Gamera in the mod. Unless someone make a specific unit, he'll use Aaglo's Giant Turtle.

About Jet Jaguar, Ultraman and so.. I'm not too keen about them but it's Amesjustin's project. It's his call.

not to be a "bad person" but i have seen almost every toho monster movie ever

i wish i could help in a major way with this

i did own every godzilla VHS at one point

i am thanking god that someone has finally made a wish of mine come true

the only whing i can say is this

try and make a world map
that be really fun

like in final wars

i didnt like how the worlds militarys fell so fast
a US or JAP F15 could easily take down some of them alien ships

i know they took all of our nukes but waht would civ or godzilla related things be with out nukes so are nukes going to be in the mod?

if there is any way i can help personal message me ok

the only whing i can say is this

try and make a world map
that be really fun

Amesjustin stated at one point he'd do a real mod first and some maps at a later time. Myself, I'm quite interested in a Pacific map.

Reboot on the Horizon!

I am back in modding mode lately. I am going to finish my little projects up this week and release some other mod foundations for other modders, then go back to this. I've lost everything I once had on this, but this gives me a chance to start off on a clean slate.

Due to RL time restrictions this will be a slightly less ambitious mod. First up will be a true scenario, with the primary Civs being Japan and the Kaiju. Both Koreas and china will be minor civs, possibly USSR and US. The focus will really be on Japan, that taking up most of the map, with Monster, Infant, and Kong islands placed much closer than my original map, allowing for more land in Japan. After that, I will work on Modzilla Melee - taking Supas idea of single-unit civs to the max, so that each monster has it's own Civ, and humans are just barbarians.

For the Scenario, it will be a single era and start in 1954 and every turn will be a month, so tech will progress slowly. As in the movies, Japan will have military futuristic, as-of-yet unmade technology (such as Maser Tanks and Kaiju Cyborg creation) by the 1970's.

I am sticking with the Worshipping Humans idea within the Kaiju, but only a single Human Worshipper Unit, which can be a fighter and worker. In fact, this will be the only buildable unit for the Kaiju - everything else needs an altar to be summoned. Kaiju will start off with a few Kaiju units which may be upgraded later, but most cannot be summoned until their "technology" allows them to build the proper altars. The Kaiju will have 3 Cities to start (Monster Island - with a preplaced Early Godzilla, Infant Island -with a preplaced Mothra, and Kong Island with a preplaced Kong), and cannot build more. I may also build a lesser city in Japan which cannot summon any Kaiju. Rodan will be preplaced in Japanese territory per Rodan lore, but will also be a highly destructive air unit. Everything else will have to be summoned.

The Kaiju tech tree still needs to be fully fleshed out, but here are the basics. To start, they have 4 Kaiju and can only build Worshippers. The tech tree so far is linear.

1. Eye Of The Beasts - Allows the Worshippers to control existing animals (eagles, tigers, sharks, snakes, etc) by allowing them to build shrines to them, which generate them every X turns.

2. Return Of The Ancient Ones - Same as above, only this now includes the Great Beasts of the past (dinosaurs).

3. Summoning of the Lesser Kaiju - Summons lower Kaiju, which is essentially the first kaiju in their unit lines (Early Godzilla, Young Kong, Hydra, and everything else)

4. Summoning of the Kaiju - Summons regular Kaiju, which is essentially the second kaiju in their unit lines (Godzilla 1995, Kong, and Ghidora)

5. Summoning of the Greater Kaiju - Allows summoning of Final Godzilla and Super Kong.

Obviously, the beasts get stronger with each tech. The Godzilla units will also be the strongest in each tier. I may split the sea and air units into a separate tree for more variety.

For the air units, you will have eagles, pteradactyls, Rodan, and Mothra. For the sea units, Sharks, Megalodons, Ebirah, Gamera, and possibly Manda (in Final Wars he was a sea snake). Both air and sea units will be true air or sea units. At least Mothra, Ebira, and Gamera will double as transports, possibly Rodan too.

Unit wise, there will be a few changes to the original list in the first post, but mostly additions from other units I've just found. I will substitute a couple, but obviously I will HAVE to keep all of Supas wonderful units. :) I have found some suitable Kaiju substitutions, as well as a pretty good collection of Animal Units for that first tech.

I will post more in the next week.

That's great, Ames ! I've been meaning to contact you for months, to say "hello" at least.

I'll send you a pm tonight or tomorrow, to show you a few things I've done with Modzilla in mind.

:) Can't wait Supa!

I was going to make my own 256x256 map, but then I just found this map, which while not exactly what I want could be a decent base. It is 180x180, but I would chop off the bottom 20 rows and left 50, making it 130x160, which is a bit small.....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=106126&highlight=Japan

And El Mency made a great map of Japan, but it has no mainland, but it does have a kaiju island already placed!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=32561&highlight=Japan

It's great to see this thread revived again. This kind of storybased scenarios is very entertaining and I'm looking forward to see where you will take this :goodjob:

Top Bottom