Need some help with Poser

Decrease the Elephant and increase the output resolution. :)
You can also play with the lower right corner to resize the windows but be careful, you might end up with a rectange ;)

I'd go with Shiro's suggestion. In fact there are some 200x200 units out there. Find one of those, put it through Flicster, substitute your storyboard and palette for the ones that Flicster generates, and voila.

That's true. But personally I can't use Civ3Flc - it always seems to put an extra frame at the end of each animation, so it doesn't cycle smoothly. Nothing I do stops it doing this. So I can't just specify a new frame size - I have to find a unit that already uses that frame size and pillage it with Flicster.

That's true. But personally I can't use Civ3Flc - it always seems to put an extra frame at the end of each animation, so it doesn't cycle smoothly

Civ3Flc doesn't do that to me (I don't really build storyboard with it anyway, I import the storyboard created by SBB).. but SBB does sometimes. No idea why. It's annoying but it's quick to fix (GIMP, cut, save ;))

No, it doesn't actually put an extra frame at the end of the storyboard - it actually pauses the animation for a brief moment, as if there were an extra frame in the storyboard. It doesn't show when I play the animation in Civ3Flc itself, but it does show in Flicster and in the game itself. I always make the storyboards with SBB too (I didn't actually know there was any other way). Civ3Flc has done this every time I've tried to create a flic with it! I commented on it here but I don't know what can be done about it, especially since not everyone seems to have the problem.

I didn't actually know there was any other way

Civ3Flc can do it too actually. And Flicster too I think.

It's a weird problem indeed. If I didn't misread, it's not an extra blank frame.. Are you sure you haven't rendered the same frame twice ? P.e : Animation 1-15 are supposed to loop but 1 and 15 are identical; here you should have rendered 1-14 to have a perfect loop..

But then you'd have the same problem with Flicster.

No, I checked everything very thoroughly. It's nothing to do either with the rendering or with the storyboard that I feed into Civ3Flc. Civ3Flc always does this, no matter what I do. It's no big deal, really, as you can do most things with Flicster. The only important thing you can't do with Flicster, and which I therefore can't do, is alter the offset of the image.

Yeah, Sword, I would recommend using my Poser setup for mounted units. It outputs to 150x150, I think. Just add the elephant to the scene and adjust its size until it's in proportion to the horse or the CivIII War Elephant. If you place the elephant in the location of the horse, you also shouldn't need to mess with the x- and y-offsets.

Top Bottom