New Unit: Mesoamerican Rifleman

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
A what if unit representing the Aztecs, Mayans, and other Mesoamerican civs equaleviant to the Grenadiers and Riflemen of the 19th century. New Poser unit link added, old cut and paste deleted...:)

The files: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Mesoamerican_Rifleman.zip

I've uploaded a new attack animation, just replace the one in the main zip with the new one.

Attachments

• MRLarge.jpg
    MRLarge.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 777
  • MRAttack.zip
    70 KB · Views: 262
This is a fascinating unit, Sword_of_Geddon. Although the difference between this and the regular rifleman is subtle, it still looks distinctly Mesoamerican. Good job!

good Job on your Mesoamerican Rifleman unit.

He looks good.
The death seems strange in quicktime. It's original :-D Too bad the 'disc-shoulders' looks attached to the arm and not to the shoulders.
You may want to use anti-aliasing on the pediaicons too next time.

About next time.. What's next ? :)

I think what steph is trying to tell you is that when a rifle discharges it is forced back into your shoulder and the excess recoil of is transferred into the muzzle blast which causes the barrell to raise.
I really like the way this unit looks however more realistic animations rather than "original" would make it much better unit.
Hollywood death sequences show someone being thrown backward from a bullet strike but realistically a person crumples to the ground.

Have a look at this animation.
When this Austiran musketeer fire his musket, the musket raise only a little, and at the same time the musket goes backward because of the recoil, and the upper body move to accompany this.
The result is realistic and nice looking.
If you want, I can send you the storyboard, so you can try to see it frame by frame and reproduce the move for your animation.

About the death: it's to static. You cannot just move that way! Add some translation (ideal backard a little up, then down, so the guy falls to the groudn instead of mysteriously levitating)

Steph,
have missed this great musketman from Austria ???

Where can I have a look at it and DL it if it's missing ???

Please direct me with a link ....

Cemo

Top Bottom