Anno Domini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator

UPDATE: Thanks to @Virote_Considon this mod is available to download once more!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eusngj1spcyqv6w/Anno+Domini.rar/file

This mod can no longer be downloaded due to evo-games being closed down. However, you can click on this message to go to the discussion thread on the new updated version.

Anno Domini latest patch 15.01.06 (1.86MB)

After almost a year in development, Anno Domini is ready!! The mod covers four eras, from the dawn of time to the middle ages. You can play as one of 31 ancient/medieval civilizations - all with new dual-era leaderhead graphics from me (one style to cover Anno Incepti and Anno Laxamenti and another style to cover Anno Imperii and Anno Domini). Each civilization has flavour units (some done by myself and never released until this point), flavour technologies and flavour buildings.

The mod can also be treated as a goldmine of new graphics I've done. 31 leaderheads with Ancient and Medieval eras. Out of the over 200 units, 28 are ones I've done - there are more to come in a future expansion pack. There's countless new buildings and techs - basically, if I couldn't find what I wanted, I've created it myself.

The text files haven't missed out. There's a good civilopedia and the diplomacy file has been flavoured.

I truely hope you enjoy this mod. Whilst it attempts to be as historically accurate as possible, there are things that have been changed to make gameplay better. I'm sure we'll comment on those things in this thread as time goes on. Please remember that I made gameplay the most important consideration.

You will need to download the file and place the contents in your Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios file. It is important to have your original C3C files there - Anno Domini draws from some of these for some of the buildings/techs/units.

Last edited:
Some player notes.

Instead of the Space Race victory, this mod has the Trade Victory. You need to build the Silk Road and then ten merchant houses. Each house requires at least one luxury to be available, so it relies on you trading in all the luxuries in Anno Domini to achieve this.

Play as Illyria if the pirate life's for you!! Their unique unit is the Illyrian Raider, which is the only unit with amphibious attack. This arrives at the same time as their Pirate Ship, which is invisible. This allows sneak amphibious attacks along your enemies' coastlines. The payoff is that the Illyrians have nothing to reduce war weariness at this time in the game; all the other civs have war weariness wonders or improvements.

Credits.

Beta testers : Antiochus VII, Ares de Borg, dylanaedui, egroan, emperor, frenchman, Goldflash, GRM7584, Hrafnkell, KingArthur, mitsho, onedreamer, P.S.Y.C.H.O., Plotinus, Recon1591, RedAlert, Sword_of_Geddon, tjedge1.

Advisors : R8XFT.

Buildings : Hrafnkell, Supa, Plotinus, R8XFT, Rufus T Firefly, Ukas.

Diplomacy.txt : Ares de Borg, Plotinus, R8XFT.

Leaderheads : R8XFT (all 31 of them!)

Splashes : R8XFT, Ukas, Unexisted.

Tech tree icons : Frenchman, Goldflash, Plotinus, R8XFT, Ukas.

Terrain : Firaxis (European Terrain), Pounder.

Units : aaglo, Bebro, Civ Army s 1994, Dom Pedro II kinboat, Kindred72, Orthanc, R8XFT, utahjazz7, zulu9812.

If you see something of yours and I haven't credited you, please let me know and I'll correct it.

In that case, this looks marvelous, fantastic, wonderful ...

Rhye had better watch out.

I'll have to stop at the bank tonight and take out some cash for a new jump drive with more MB's. So I can take this home. Again, Well Done.

Also, how do you feel now that the scenario is done?

First Post!!!

Wow it's really here! Downloading as I write:)
BTW all the graphics you made for it, will they be released on the forum separetly (sp?) now?

R8XFT said:
Not straight away. I'd like them to be unique to the mod initially.
Ok thats cool:)

I know LOTM want to steal some of them;)

Yoda Power said:
Ok thats cool:)

I know LOTM want to steal some of them;)

Egroen's been on the beta-test team so that she can spy on the units ;) . Plotinus is going to release his Desert and the Mountain mod containing some Anno Domini stuff as well.

@Tank_Guy#3 : How do I feel now it's done? Elated, relieved, thrilled, tired, overall great. The screen in post one was done last night as the very last thing for the mod and I'm over the moon how that turned out :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom