FreeMind

Paasky

Good News Everyone!
Here's a very good little (700kb) program I found, which is of great use for mod-makers. It's called FreeMind, and is a mindmap program, written in Java. Below is a screenshot of what it looks like.

Usage is very simple: <Left Click> to open/close a node, <F2> to rename a node (hover mouse over the node or use arrow keys to select it), and most importantly: <ins> to insert a new key. To delete a key, the easiest way is to select it and press <ctrl+x> (cut). To move it, select a node (Ctrl+LeftClick to select several, Shift+LeftClick to select all in between) and either cut-paste, copy-paste, or drag'n'drop. It automatically makes the orders for the nodes so usage is very simple.
Here is a sample mindmap: http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/wwii.mm

It can also save the mindmaps in html format for others to see who don't have FreeMind. They are simple lists, but understandable nevertheless.
Example: http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/wwii.mm.html

Attachments

• mindmap.JPG
    mindmap.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,720
That is REALLY handy, there, Paasky... :shock:

The strange thing is that it works on my laptop computer. But not on my desktop computer. Strange. (Perhaps it's time for the harddrive to be written over with an old ghost.)

It's a nice program! Easy to learn. And simple. I hope it helps me organize projects.

I cant install it... I've installed the latest Java and I still get the same error when I try to launch the installer;

I get this error on all installations based on the Innosetup Installer

Anyone have an idea of why?

K, Ill try installing on another computer on the network.

Would be nice to know WHY I cant install it though.

Currently working on getting it to run on my laptop. I haven't tried the desktop yet.

I tried Java 5 with no good results to report. I have uninstalled 4 and will try 1.3 and 1.4 later today.

It looks like a really cool program, if I can get it to work. :)

Got it to work. Installed it on a laptop and copied the folder to my comp.

Great program. Got alot of design work done for the mod im working on. :thumbsup:

Grey Fox said:
Got it to work. Installed it on a laptop and copied the folder to my comp.

Great program. Got alot of design work done for the mod im working on. :thumbsup:

Also know why the installer doesnt work. Its because my login wasnt the administrator. But using the Run As... command worked.

Top Bottom