Tiger! (11/16/05)

pleeeeeassseee make a panda unit. if theres a bear unit im sure itd be easy as.

Excellent skinning. Gratz. :)

Supa said:
Warning, it's a RAR file

Should be a "grrr" file...didn't you learn anything from the Frosties ads?

I greatly appreciate the work, just one thought though.
I have yet to try modding myself, but having heard how much "moddable" Civ 4 is I was surprised by pretty complicated process of installation of this tiger skin. Is it how modding look like in Civ 4?

This installation is not that complex. You need to edit 4 files and it's just copy/paste. I've mostly done the job for you. Civ-IV lacks an editor, so you have to do the job yourself.

ShiroKobbure > It's a new skin for the Panther model. Afaik, nobody cracked the CIV-4 .nif files yet.

Thanks for the comments!

The Mole, could you at least add something nice about this unit before pushing your request through my throat ?

sorry it came out wrong... it was meant to be a quasi serious thing... as apposed to being pushy. I kinda thought youd just ignore it.
The unit looks great, but i dont even have civ IV yet, so its a bit moot on my part.

Nice... Although I do admit that it looks like it has glowy eyes in the BMP picture.

CrazyAce said:
One problem I encounter is where to put the Unit and Interface/button folders after the D/L, the instructions included says nothing about that :sad: ?

You've had to decompress the whole RAR file (Grrr ;)) in the (chosen) Assets directory. If it's done correctly, the files should go in the right folders.

If there is a problem, the files must be placed like this :
Assets
|-Art
| |-Interface
| | |-Button
| | | |-Supa_Resource_Atlas.dds
| |-Units
| | |-Tiger
| | | |-Everything else

I don't know if it's very clear typed like this.

Thanks to CrazyAce's comment, I noticed a big error in the archive. I forgot to put one folder!

You can download the fixed version or move all the files placed in Art\units\ to Art\units\Tiger. Like you can see, it's a very stupid error :)

--

Damned. I was modifying the first post when the server blew up and now, it's gone.

I placed the files into the Documents directory because I didn’t want to mess with the Firaxis directory yet.

Ok umm this is where I placed the Tiger unit:

…\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\Units\tiger

The button is placed into:

…\ My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art \Interface\Button

The text files I placed into:

…\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\xml

I just hope this works.

Oh also tiger_button.dds is included into the Units\Tiger folder, should this be in there..?

CrazyAce said:
I placed the files into the Documents directory because I didn’t want to mess with the Firaxis directory yet.

Ok umm this is where I placed the Tiger unit:

…\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\Units\tiger

The button is placed into:

…\ My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art \Interface\Button

The text files I placed into:

…\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\xml

I just hope this works.

Oh also tiger_button.dds is included into the Units\Tiger folder, should this be in there..?

Like this, it should work.

The first post is gone. TF can' restore it so I'll open a new thread for this unit.
Here it is: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141711

Top Bottom