Attachments

• roads.pcx
    237.3 KB · Views: 4,133
A screenshot:

Attachments

• thin brown roads.jpg
    thin brown roads.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 8,718
Errr... uhhh... Someone posing as me must have uh... posted this in the [obviously] wrong section. I'd appreciate it if justice was served and this thread was moved to the graphics area.

Thanks

sorry you have to talk to yourself :)D) but i'll chime in. this is what i've been waiting for! why it has taken so long to get a map with roads that don't look like a monkey with diarrhea waddled across it is beyond me. those curly-q, go everywhere, thick, crapbrown roads have got to be the ugliest game graphic i've ever seen. thank you cassembler. at least now i'll die not just a rich old fart, but a happy, rich old fart.

Actually, there's another .pcx file in the art dirrectory titled "fatroads.pcx" that resembles something I saw about 5 hours after some good steak...
They are, indeed, very fat...
Glad to help.

Hey, cassembler, could you do a gray verison of these for that new ACW scenario; I think the person making (name escapes me) it doesn't like the unlimited movement so they're using brown roads as railroads.

Thanks

Well, I think there's a grey version at Apolyton, but he'll probably need a black one. I had almost forgotten about these files.

I'll see what I can do, should take me all of 10 seconds.

I'm sorry, I know it isn't kosher to revive old threads. But I can't locate the gray roads mod to which you refer. Is it perhaps embedded in a terrain mod?

Thanks, but I don't see them. Am I missing something? An "emperor's new clothes" effect? Only those who are competent and worthy to use the board can see the thin grey roads!

Ok...

Trying again, don't know what when wrong it uploaded the file then came up with an error?

lets hope it works this time!

Attachments

• railroads.zip
    135.5 KB · Views: 385
I use the thin brown roads as well... roads, and the thin grey roads as Imperial roads in my mod the same as railroads. It just looks a lot neater, cleaner terrain.

True, there is not yet teleportation. But currently we do have the technology to travel across an entire continent in less than a year. If you think about it, that is what the railroads do. Because most of the turns in this game are equal to a year or more (as much as fifty). How long would it take you to travel from Europe to China by rail in 2004? If it is less than 1 year, then the railroads are realistic for the vanilla game. For railroads to be unrealistic, you would probably need to measure your turns in days rather than months or years.

Thanks for the file, Quinn. I am putting these right to work.

Camber said:
True, there is not yet teleportation. But currently we do have the technology to travel across an entire continent in less than a year. If you think about it, that is what the railroads do. Because most of the turns in this game are equal to a year or more (as much as fifty). How long would it take you to travel from Europe to China by rail in 2004? If it is less than 1 year, then the railroads are realistic for the vanilla game. For railroads to be unrealistic, you would probably need to measure your turns in days rather than months or years.

Camber, this is the same lame argument used by all instant mover supporters. The time of each turn is for the purpose of city populations, not unit movements. Going by your logic Camber, the settler and warrior you start the game with in 4000 B.C. should 'realistically' have the following movement: 50 years (one turn) x 30 movement points (the distance one could reasonably walk in one year given the lack of roads at the time = 1500 movement points per turn, enough to walk back and forth across an undeveloped continent about a dozen times in one turn. Did you mod your game to give settlers and warriors 1500 movement? It's "realistic".

Say no to teleportation which negates all strategy in the game.

unscratchedfoot

I agree Say no to teleportation which negates MOST strategy in the game.

I wish we could mod this instant movement.

Top Bottom