Dragon Ogre (Mar 6th, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello!
Here is a new unit for Beasts of Chaos (It will be a new civ in an future update of WH-mod). Enjoy :)
UPDATE.
Here are the new, slightly bigger animation files (the original was a bit too small). Note: this download includes ONLY the flc-files, nothing else.

Larger animation files

Here's some civilopedia info from the games workshop website:
When forks of lightning sunder the night sky and the roar of thunder bellows over the land, the people of the north say that the Dragon Ogres are fighting each other on the peaks of the Worlds Edge Mountains. Travellers, having taken shelter in some cave or hollow, might see the battling creatures silhouetted against the raging night by lightning flashes.

On cold winter nights terrible storms assail the mountains of the northern Old World. The sleeping Dragon Ogres stir as their dreaming minds hear, echoed in the thunder, the roar of the Chaos gods calling them to battle. For such is the pact that the Dragon Ogres made - they placed themselves in eternal bondage to Chaos in return for long years of life. The louder the thunder, the more Dragon Ogres wake, but only a storm of immense power can stir the oldest and most powerful of these beasts.

As lightning bolts pour from the skies, the Dragon Ogres answer the call to war. Once awakened, they battle to ascend the highest peaks and receive the lightning blasts that will invigorate them and extend their lives.

Here are the files:
Dragon Ogre (~987 kb)

Here are some animation previews (fortify, attack, victory)

Attached is a civilopedia preview.

Attachments

• DragonOgreCivilop.png
    DragonOgreCivilop.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 400
That's incredible! :scared: He'd be terrifying to see coming your way.

Ah, so it's back to me being impressed now. That's a really great looking unit.

Holy Crap! Units seem to be popping up like tis the sumemr of 04 again!

He looks like Motaro - except he doesn't have horns and this one is lizardy-like.
A very unique unit aaglo :) . Good job :goodjob:

Very Well Done aaglo! Precise animations and your usual fine attention to detail. Especially want to mention that I appreciate the Death animation. It is natural looking... Not in slow motion with the feet "glued" to the ground in one position as the unit drops, which is unfortunitely the case I see with many units. Good Sounds as well... :goodjob: :clap:

Ah, yet another wondeful fantasy unit from aaglo, I don't even need to say how well done this is, you know it's good.

Ogre+Dragon, that's a fun combo, finding new ways to destroy stuff is the best method of invention. :D

Am I the only person to think of Centaur dragon?

Very nice... Very nice. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom