Moscatnt. Unit creation and previews

MoscaTnT

Mutant Zombie
I've been asked to open this thread for posting my current projects previews and get somefeedback. This thread come from here.
My current projects are:
2 Romero's zombies
panzerfaust grenadier two soldiers unit
Ilsa shewolf

Panzergrenadier:
Panzergranadier skins and readme(for units creators).
Panzergrenadier with Utahjazz' softcap:

and his mate:

:p and I've begun Ilsa.....

Un saludo,
MoscaTnT

Competed units:
Sturmtrooper (love the name or hate it)

German WWII Wintercamo Soldier

Afrikakorps

German Panzerfaust

Romero's zombie

Zombie with a gun (zombie soldier):

This .zip file is the poser gun flashlight I've been using for the MP40:

Attachments

• moscatnt_gunflashlight.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 142
Very impressive looking.:goodjob: :)

Great looking work! You've definitely pumped some excitement back into the civ3 board with your units as of lately. Keep it up. :D

I wouldnt feel embaressed asking Utah Jazz for a prop (soft hat) the way you have shown you can follow his tutorial I'm sure he would be happy to help out.

Dare I say you are reminding me of Kinboat or Utahjazz in terms of quality. I wish i could make units as good as you. I'm getting better and better, but your units are works of art, while mine are...well units..:blush:

My main problem is for the life of me I cannot figure out how to use Kinboat's muzzleflash and smoke props.

sword, to use the muzzle flash keep it at 0,0,0 up unitl the recoil of the gun then make it whatever size be needed, then back to 0,0,0.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Dare I say you are reminding me of Kinboat or Utahjazz in terms of quality. I wish i could make units as good as you. I'm getting better and better, but your units are works of art, while mine are...well units..:blush:

My main problem is for the life of me I cannot figure out how to use Kinboat's muzzleflash and smoke props.

Thanks sword, I'm only following the uthajazz tutorial step by step, I also use a notebook where I take note of the frames of the original civ units, for example, for a death- frame 3: drop the gun -frame 7: hit the ground- frame 11 the body is still- etc..
As quinzy said, you set the gun as muzzle parent, setting a good scale for the gun fire. once you've done that, set the global muzzle scale to 0. Now you have your gun fire ready.
Animate the unit, and once finished, set all the frames as key frames (+) go frame to frame setting every two frames the muzzle to visible scale (I think I use 97%) so the muzzle frames' scale is 97%-0%-97%-0%-97%-0%-97%-0%-97%-0%-97%-0%-97%-0%-70%

As I told you in the PM, send me an email and I'll send you my modified muzzle flash, my gun light and other stuff.

I still haven't used the smoke, but reading the kinboats indications I figure it's pretty difficult.

MoscaTnT: Doing black powder smoke Kinboat's way is very, very difficult, however, I did use those image frames of his, and I just animate the unit without any flash or smoke, then when I load it into PsP, I create a secondary semi-transparent layer above the primary layer, and paste the smoke images into the individual frames, then delete the backgrounds... After I get them aligned, I just copy the whole row, and paste them into the subsequent directions.... Only takes about 15 minutes, if even that. That's how I did the smoke for the Mithra Ninja and Ivalician mediator units I did.....

Although i am also interested in what your settings are for the Gunflash light as well.... I normally (for my more modern gun units) just set the diffusion and specularity of the gunflash prop itself fairly high, so that it shows up bright even in shadow, which give the illusion of it being lit (but you don't get the back-flash on the figure, though).

Top Bottom