Q: Replaces All Impr. with this flag checked

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
Does the AI ever build this kind of building ? If yes, under which conditions ?

In my mod with a few "Replaces all.." buildings, the AI never build any of them. Any idea why ?

Do they build them in the normal game ? I dont really remember them making more then factories ... but then again, i havent played normal in a very long time.

Assuming I understand the question ... I have played many games where the AI builds coal plants (which are replaced by other power plants later). What I can not answer is 'do they build say nuclear plant' when available, which will replace the coal plant. As to the condition the civ is usually expansionist or other characteristic that leads to conquest (may be other char that I have not noted).

This would be good to know for sure, i've thought about using that flag with religious city improvements, allow each civ to choose one of different religious temples and as soon as enough temples of the same type are built, a world wonder becomes available giving further bonuses to that temple type. Its a way of making religions more interesting in civ3. But if every civ would just build the same temple, it would be worthless..

This would be good to know for sure, i've thought about using that flag with religious city improvements, allow each civ to choose one of different religious temples and as soon as enough temples of the same type are built, a world wonder becomes available giving further bonuses to that temple type. Its a way of making religions more interesting in civ3. But if every civ would just build the same temple, it would be worthless..

This was an idea I had some time ago (having religious improvements replace one another) and I can assure you that it works!

-Oz

I think he means that the AI all build the same kind of temple.

I havent tested this yet, havent worked on that part of the mod yet, it would be good to see diferent cities building different temples, or maybe different civs prefering different temples depending on their characteristics, some could give more happyness, others more culture, other lower corruption or increse scientific output, etc. Maybe scientific civs would prefer one kind while commercial ones another, i dont know, too early for me to test it, but maybe others know this allready ;)

Right, but then if you change goverment, those temples stop working

Granted, which is why I (sorry, forgot to mention this earlier) use "Islamic Caliphate", "Christian Kingdom" etc. - for Medieval & Renaissance times. I use "Era=None" techs to preset religions as, unfortunately, I cannot think of a way to have a Civ choosing a non-predetermined (i.e., by tech) religion.

Good Luck,

Oz

Well, im only allowing each civ to research 2 or 3 religions (by using era none techs too), so maybe later religious temples by having better characteristics will be used by the AI, replacing the old ones. Wish someone that had a mod close to being ready could test this :)

Top Bottom