Civ3 Conquests on 1440 x 900 widescreen

MorgothErmis

Chieftain
I play Civ 3 on Vista at it's regular resolution on a Widescreen, just so it's not overly small. Nothing distorts though even when it's set at 1024x768. As far as setting it to 1440x900 I'm not sure. The conquests.ini should be right in the Civ III/Conquests folder, as it is not a hidden file (it's similar to Unit.ini files).

The KeepRes might not be in the conquests.ini file, in which case I think you have to add it in there. You would need to add:
KeepRes=1
VideoMode=1280 (OMIT to use your screen's resolution)

under the Voice Quality=0, if these are not already there.

KeepRes Can be 0 or 1. If 1, your screen resolution is used for the game instead of the default 1024x768.

VideoMode Can be 1024, 1152, 1280, 1600, 1792. Changes the game's resolution to the value specified (instead of the default 1024x768).

If it is a new Conquests install, you may need to start a new Conquests game, save it, then the conquests.ini should appear (since it contains alot of last save game/civ info in there also).

Tom

Well I could probably post my conquests.ini text up here, but have no idea what type of drastic side effects it may have.

Try this... open notepad, paste this into it:

[Conquests]
Voice Quality=0
KeepRes=1

then save it as conquests.ini, and stick it in the Conquests folder. You could see if that works, since those are the first 3 lines of the ini, and the rest all has to do with things such as the last game you played, etc...

Again, just a thought... I don't know if it will work or not! Try at your own risk! :)

Tom

It did not work but thanks for the effort. I took this screenshot
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1253/89634954.jpg
See it? The resolution is 1024x768 but it seems normal in the screenshot here.
However when I play , it is streched . lol Wtf?? I searched the HDD and everything thoroughly and nothing that resembles civilization3.ini or conquests.ini . I even searched for all ini files! Nothing. I have premium vista and I use the golden edition of Civ3 (which is nothing more than just an extra disc with pics which I threw away and of course the great games of civ3, and its expansions.

Well i am using a 23,6" 16:9 widescreen with a resolution of 1920x1080 at Vista64..
I just added the " KeepRes=1" to the .ini file in the conquest folder and it works okay.... (well cityscreen and the starting screen are a bit.. ahh strange...)

Spoiler :

Perhaps you must play around to find your ini file (because of the user control management).. so there might be an option called "compatibilty files" (or something like that.. it's the marked option in the first picture )

Oh sh** thanks man! It worked finally!!
May you surpass Winston Churchill at civilization xDD
It was under compatibility files. O_O;

edit; also it was your 666th post o_O

this is the only place on the net where it properly explains how you can take care of that problem

Top Bottom