Civ 3 Decade Awards Hall of Fame

Balthasar

Wise Man

The idea of having a competition among the best creations of the last decade in celebration of the C&C forum's Ten Year Anniversary was first proposed by Rob (R8XFT). In June, Plotinus opened the Anniversary Competition Forum and we were off and running. For a month we discussed categories (Blue Monkey deserves special mention for his contribution to that effort), and the first nominations thread was posted in July, followed by polls in August, September and October.
We extend our appreciation to everyone who participated in nominating and voting for these awards, and congratulate the winners.

- Balthasar, Nov. 5, 2011 (Tenth Anniversary of Civ3's North American release)

Decade Awards Hall of Fame

First Round Winners:

SnOOpy Terrain Trophy.gif

Terrain Set (Terraforming Award)
Snoopy's Terrain for C3C by SnOOpy

Mrtn & PCHwy Interface Trophy.gif

Interface
Lord of the Mods Interface
by Mrtn & PCHighway

Pounder Splash Trophy.gif

Splash Graphics
Big Format Wonder Splashes
by Pounder

Pounder LM Terrain Trophy.gif

LM & Overlay Terrain
Fitted Irrigation
by Pounder

Kyriakos City Graphics Trophy.gif

City Graphics
Medieval French Cities
by Kyriakos

Grandraem Leaderhead Trophy.gif

Leaderhead Animation
King Hord Dark-Eye
by Grandraem

el mencey map Trophy.gif

Map
El Mencey's 362 x 326 Earth Map
by el mencey

Moeniir Utility Trophy.gif

Utility
FLICster
by Moeniir

Utahjazz7 tutorial Trophy.gif
Col Kraken Tutorial Trophy.gif

Tutorial (Scholarship Award)
(TIE)
Unit Making Tutorial
by Utahjazz7
-and-
Adding Units to C3C
by Colonel Kraken

Last edited:
Last edited:
Final Round Winners:

Vuldacon most unusual.gif

Most Unusual Unit Award
"The Drunk" by Vuldacon

Tom2050 Converted Units Award.gif

Converted Unit Award
3-way TIE
"Countess Carmilla, Arch Devil, American Bison" by Tom2050

embryo & Yoda collaboration Award.gif

Best Collaboration Award
(TIE)
"Medieval European Mod II" by Yoda Power & embryodead
and
"Escape from Zombie Island II" by Vuldacon and KingArthur

Sandris Themed Collection trophy.gif

Themed Collection Award
"Napoleonica: Smoke over Europe" by Sandris

Kinboat MUnit Award.gif
Vuldacon MUnit Award.gif

Multiple Unit (M-Unit) Award
(TIE)
"Saurus Musketeer" by Kinboat
and
"Killer Hornet Swarm" by Vuldacon and General666

Ares Graphic of the Dec.gif
Snoopy Terrain of the Dec.gif

Graphic of the Decade
(TIE)
"Snoopy's Terrain for C3C" by Sn00py
and
"Ares' Terrain Pack II Beta" by Ares de Borg

Plotinus Unit of the Decade.gif

Unit of the Decade
"Nazgul" by Plotinus

Vuldacon KA Mod of the Decade.gif

Mod of the Decade
"Escape from Zombie Island II"
by KingArthur and Vuldacon

Last edited:
The Second round winners have been posted. All of the winners from the first round (except for Maps, Utilities & Tutorials, alas) will be automatically entered into the third round Graphic of the Decade contest; all of the Mod winners from the 2nd Round will be entered into the Mod of the Decade contest, and all of the Unit winners from the 2nd round will, of course, be entered into the Unit of the Decade Contest.

Congrats to all the winners! Nice to see edead in the list!:goodjob:

I am surprised that Rhye's Fastest Loading Mod did not score any places :confused:

Where's TAM????
Where is Rhyes and Fall????

Where's TAM????
Where is Rhyes and Fall????

They lost to EFZI II in the Mod of the Decade Poll.

You've chosen two worthy mods to single out, Birdjaguar: The Ancient Mediterranean Mod was the first complete mod available for Civ3, if I'm not mistaken, having been already posted at Apolyton before this C&C forum existed. It's a Classic. And Rhyes and Fall of Civilization is the only mod available on every Civ Platform, and had the most popular thread ever in the C&C main forum. It too, is a Classic, and remains a giant achievement in the Civ modding world.

But there were many other mods to which we could write glowing testimonials that were either not nominated or didn't win in the poll competitions, or for that matter, weren't included in the Jury Awards. It is unavoidable that these things happen in an imperfect system, and I assure you that every one of us who worked on this project are unhappy that many worthy works weren't included in the results, for one reason or another. Of course the polls were completely beyond our control; the best we could do was to try assure that the nominations included worthy works.

But it's good and fitting that you raise a glass to these mods, because as our celebration of ten good years continues, they and all the others deserve a toast and a hearty 'huzzah!' to their achievement. For more well-written testimonials, check out the Jury Awards thread, if you haven't yet..

And by the way, please join me in a toast to EFZI II and the other winners of the Decade Awards polls in this thread!

I congratulate all the winners - their work magnifies our enjoyment of this game so much that saying "congrats" just doesn't cover our appreciation. :goodjob:

I was just browsing the forums for old time's sake. I didn't even know the CivIII C&C Decade Awards existed. It was really nice to see that I was included in the (apparent) voting and even won a couple of the awards. I'm particularly proud to have won the Best Ancient/Renaissance Unit Award. How cool! And I'm happy to have made a positive impact on the community with the unit-making tutorial.

Wow guys! A great decade, and congrats to the winners!
But where's Wyrmshadow? Shouldn't he have gotten a mention for the countless units he created...?

Wow guys! A great decade, and congrats to the winners!
But where's Wyrmshadow? Shouldn't he have gotten a mention for the countless units he created...?
Aren't 2 awards (see the Jury Awards thread) & 10 additional nominations enough?

I'm happy to see that many of my favorite scenarios, units, graphics and creators won this competition, particularly Kinboat, El Justo's Age of Imperialism, Snoopy's terrain and Ares de Borg's terrain... Great job, guys!

I always used the Snoopy mod. Great work, and a well deserved honor.

Belated Congratulations!

I liked Civ3, have been playing a lot of Civ4 and didn't want Civ5.
If, one of these mods does a good job at solving the Civ3 city maintenaince problem, I might have to give it a try.
Otherwise, there is no chance I want to go back to cities with 1 production, the rest wasted and have to buy every building I wanted in those cities.

Top Bottom