New Units: Minor Civ City Units!

Ekmek

on steam: ekmek_e
Attached is a zip with 64 static city FLCs. No INIs are made. Recommend that they be used as Immobile and can dot the map as barbarian cities or can be used as a civs immobile king unit. I usually give them a high defense and a high HP.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/city64-1.zip

Also included is the FLC template for a static one frame unit. If you want to make your own cities you just modify the first frame instead of copying for all 8 frames.:sheep:

What a cool idea.
Thanks ekmek, thats brilliant!:goodjob: :goodjob:

EDIT: damnit 404 page not found.
:(

Very good work! :thumbsup:
Though I have this thing about ancient mediterranean tile roofs. ;)
I noticed that the palette for those units have lots of un used yellows, maybe they can be converted to different shades of red, before pasting in the cities?

I also think that the addition of civ coloured flags would be cool. I noticed that the EuroCastle has this :), but unfortunately it also has civ colours in the central pond/fountain/whatever it is. :(

Have you tried them in-game yet? Any chance of a in-game screenshot? ;)

I only tried the venice city graphic in game and it works.
I wanted civ specific flags etc, but I was cranking these out for a mod. A lot of cut-pastes-save-flcster-export-next.

I'm looking to make a generic death anim that involves the ruins but panned out with my AoK fire.

I avoided mixing a lot of palletes, it was hard to keep integrity because city graphics dont use the unit pallette arrangement. Depending on what gets used I may vary them a bit.

Sorry about the red roofs, but that project is on hold until I exhaust C3C :(

You could pick one of these and use it as your standard barbarian unit animation. Make it immobile with high defense and it would just sit there spewing out second level barbarian units until you destroyed it. Cool.

planning any more of these? It would be cool if we could have a bunch of them. Make it a capturable unit available to everyone with no tech requirement, and require a resource to build--that you never put on the map, so that the computer can't build more of them. The only problem is if your city gets nuked, you'd lose the graphic for good.

Originally posted by TVA22
planning any more of these? It would be cool if we could have a bunch of them. Make it a capturable unit available to everyone with no tech requirement, and require a resource to build--that you never put on the map, so that the computer can't build more of them.
Ah, that's good thinking. :)
Originally posted by TVA22
The only problem is if your city gets nuked, you'd lose the graphic for good.
I nuked the Eiffel Tower, and now I don't see it anymore?! Where can it be? :nuke:
Not a problem, as I see it. :D

I'm trying to figure out a way to make betterunit pallets to fix the graphics on some cities. I would like to do a Washington DC etc.

In game it real nice. Most are very large an dominate the city size especially wih a high hit points. It looks like the C3C will look at combat experience and then hitpoints as to what will display (so an elite African City with 10 HP will be on top of the barb hut even with a relatively low defense as I've seenit)

I've also flagged it immobile but have given them zone of control and bombard ability. Largest with a range of 3 and smallest and a range of one. It makes for artificial city borders....

I would like to make better terrain ones and maybe weather, not to mention a death anim.

If anyoone wants to help there is still the base pcx and a pallete, just cut and paste from any city graphics and use the wonder graphics from the buildings-large.pcx

Originally posted by Ekmek
I'm trying to figure out a way to make betterunit pallets to fix the graphics on some cities. I would like to do a Washington DC etc...
This shouldn't be hard. When I made my Isengard City Unit (see sig everybody ;) ) I modded the palette before pasting the actual gfx.

One thing you can get with these units, which isn't possible in normal city gfx, is civ coloured flags and stuff. :D

Top Bottom