TERRAIN: Extended Irrigations

Niessuh

Warlord
:)

Attachments

• real.jpg
    real.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 9,184
When I started this work one month ago, I was trying to solve two problems with sn00py irrigation:

• Coast irrigation being invaded by the water
  • The small square fields makes tiles recognition difficult, you often need to activate the grid

First thing I did to prevent this was to fill each tile with one single field, trying to respect the shape from the original irrigations. Then I went with the idea of putting edges around each tile. After looking some photographs I decided to give stone walls for plains, bushes for grasslands and irrig. ditch for desert tiles.

After some checks, parts of the desert's edge were removed (bottom & inner sides), trying that they seem a net of channels. Then I had to create gaps through walls and bushes because roads and trains need to pass between tiles. That allow all-field access!

Finally the more enjoyable part started: adding details, modifying some from other graphics mods. Everything has been put so they don't overlap with other stuff like railroads, bonus icons or water. I tried to keep the tile as cleared as possible.

Now irrig. grassland has various types of trees at their borders, there are wells for deserts and plains, deserts has palms and some "jaimas" (canvas) and plains has stables with pigs, sheeps and of course, black bulls :D

(note: now there is just one tile with bulls, number reduced after the screenshots were taken)

in game screenshot and zoomed shot from the editor

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 8,333
Those are some of the best irrigation tiles I've seen yet for Civ3.

WOW!!!!! These are beautiful AND the cool extras (trees, fences, etc) DON'T ITERFERE WITH ROADS AND RAILROADS!!!!!!!!!!

All I have to say is 1) These are going into my mods, and 2) I'm not worthy:worship:

These are the Best Irrigation GFX EVER!!

Thank you!

Originally posted by Fanatica
Are the groupings of trees also part of the download?
Big groupings are Sn00py's forests, the irrigated grasslands has similar trees within their borders so they merges with it

Really nice! Could you do one version with smaller size? So the farms and stuff dont take the whole grid square? like the mine (that way we wouldnt get irrigations on top of sea in some coastal areas)

Excellent job there Niessuh on the new irrigation. I can understand the problem you are mentioning, as in my current game, one of the irrigation just goes over the land and into the sea. Not a very pretty picture either. :D

Originally posted by Madeira
Really nice! Could you do one version with smaller size? So the farms and stuff dont take the whole grid square? like the mine (that way we wouldnt get irrigations on top of sea in some coastal areas)

The problem is that border walls... overlaps with the others at the border. If I reduce It a narrow corridor appear between two irrigations. And the net of channels at the desert will be broken

Yeah I saw this in a preview of a scenario the other day and was wondering where to download it from. Good that you posted it actually.

My irigations have certain cows and such on it (don't recall who made it), and I liked them more. I'll give this a shot.

Top Bottom