New Unit: Chinese "Tiger" warrior 01/08/2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts
This one I had started paralelly with the Ottoman knight. Steph's description says it is a Chinese medieval unit, part of the elite "Tiger" division, therefore the tiger mask and costume. Other than that, I know nothing about it :D so if someone has more info, please post a bit about those guys, because I want to learn a bit about them. It is a stragne feeling when you make units you never knew before ;)

DL http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/ChineseTiger.zip

Pedia art below, animated preview in the next post :)

Attachments

• ChineseTiger_lg.gif
    ChineseTiger_lg.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 4,815
Fortify > AttackA > AttackB > Death

I#m not really sure if they woud fight in that way, but I thought it i a nice idea :)

Attachments

• ChinTiger_anim.gif
    ChinTiger_anim.gif
    157.6 KB · Views: 5,039
He looks like he floats in the air above ground; because the shadows :)

Well, actually the shadows look better in the game. You can see it in flicster, when you activate the "alpha blend" option. Just look on the attached pic, the shadows appear bigger on the grey bg. The unit is correctly on the ground, still the shadows appear not fully connected, but that is just a matter of one pixel or so. Sometimes on smooth shadows small parts are eliminated by the anti-alias, but I wont rework it if it is just that small.

Attachments

• ChinTiger_shadows.gif
    ChinTiger_shadows.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 4,273
BEBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :crazyeye: :goodjob: [dance] :love:

His death anim looks like he's drunk and looses his balance. But I still think its a cool unit ;)

You probably have to be drunk to fight in such an outfit :D ;)

OR

he is really wearing nothing and is painted that way.

Do you know more about these guys? I'm just curious about them ;)

no..

i never heard of such...

im really into DYNASTY WARRIORS so .. hehe.. make some superhuman heavy armored and really cool weapon-wielding next? ;) :p ;)

But i GOT to tell you this bebro.
DONT FORGET:
you need to add this in the UNIT ARTIST LIBRARY and every other one you can too! :D

Now i bet you have to get started on that superhuman heavy armored cool weapon wielding civ-version dynasty warrior character you were going to work on next :D :whipped:

EDIT:

wait till winter sees this...

also Dann could give more info on it.. maybe...

NOOOOO!!!

I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE NOW!!!

goodbye cruel world...

:suicide:

Cool unit :D The shadow thing could also be because he's standing on the balls of his feet, instead of flat-footed. Makes the shadow thinner at the bottom.

I just noticed your tag line there Nameless53... I'm not sure whether to be flattered or concerned that I'm starting a cult...

Yeah, let's start a civ creation sect. We seek illumination through unit making :D The holy hand grenade may be our holiest relic :)

Top Bottom