New unit: The Makou Cannon (a.k.a Sister Ray) from FF VII

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, I got this bad boy finished. All animations, but I haven't had time to make any sounds as of yet. Sounds will be forthcoming in the next day or two.

Suggested stats: Immobile, attack=0, Def=27, bombard=50, lethal land and sea bombardment, barmbard range ~30, leader (to keep the player from haveing more than one at a time, I think this works, I haven't tried it yet), airlift (so It can be moved between cities with airports).

Well, here's the most powerful defensive unit in my Final Fantasy Mod. File attached below, and preview in following post.

Edit: Original FLC files corrupted due to a bad copy of FLICster. New copy obtained, and FLC's fixed. Old file removed and fixed file attached. Sorry for the broken unit :(

Edit II: Sound files finished and posted :)

Edit III: Unit Zip file now uploaded to the server get it HERE

Attachments

• Makousound.zip
    146.6 KB · Views: 595
Here's the preview: Fidget/fortify/victory, attack, and death. No run animation, since this is supposed to be an immobile unit, although I set the default (first frame of the fidget animation) as run in the .ini file so that the game wouldn't crash.

Attachments

• MakouCannon.gif
    MakouCannon.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 3,061
If I may politely say if you would rename the end of the file .rar without the .zip

This way people can unzip the file right from the source.

After I have done so and was able to open the file and view the contents, it looks mighty fine.

:EDITED: I just found out that this site will not allow *.rar format... And Why not... It is kind of an inconvenience.

O.O!!

I'm going to use this for my "Stonehenge" unit for now, until someone makes a more closer resembled "Stonehenge" cannon! KUDOS!

Um---I tried deleting the 'notzip' part of the file name, and it keeps saying, "No Files to Extract"...

What is the matter here?

Hold on a second, what was the cannon that destroyed the WEAPON and knocked out the Northern Volcano Barrier?

Zeekater, I don't quite understand what you mean. If you're refering to the unit's immobility, this thing has a 30+ tile bombardment with lethal land and sea bombardment, so it can hit you from halfways accross the map.

Crazyace: Yeah, I don't know why they don't just let you upload RAR archives either, I mean it's not like it's that hard to specify an additional 3 letter entry into the allowable file extentions script.

Flak: You can't unzip this with Winzip, you need an RAR extractor like WinRAR, the shareware version of which can be found at www.rarlabs.com (as well as information for purchasing it). I'd reccommend buying WinRAR when you have enough money, because onece you've registered the program, any future patches or versions will automatically be registered, so you don't have to purchase the program again when new versions are released, unlike the stuff Bill "Moneybags" Gates sells.

I'm glad you guys like it. I'll see about scrounging up some sounds here in a bit. I've added my airship and a few other new items in the game, and I'm woring on a brutal playtest session to make sure that all the units work the way they're supposed to. Plus I've been working on my current leaderhead project. I should have the sounds done within an hour or two.

Yikes! I have to PAY for it? Is there any place you can download it for free? =/

Or, perhaps you could be so kind as to just send me the non compressed files through e-mail, friend?

Either way, I would be happy for your help, and thanks for the info...

If you could send through e-mail, thieving_fox@yahoo.com would be prefered...

Again, good job on the unit! :goodjob: I cannot believe how well it works for the scenario I am working on as well! Only TWO major things make it slightly below perfect for Stonehenge. It doesn't arch high enough, and the laser shot isn't long enough. Otherwise, perfect! =D

WinRAR is a shareware, so you can and should use it for free. At least for a while. My version of WinRAR prompts me that the trial period is over, but still works.

Well, it was sucessful! =P I'll wait for those sound files too before I try to add my own to the scenario---maybe I'll finish the map now? *shrugs* I hope I'm not the ONLY one on Civfanatics that is an Ace Combat 04 fan... -_-

Another apology here. The same FLC error that plagued my airship was also present in this unit. Thanks to Bebro, I was able to fix it. The new file (ZIP format this time) is attached to the first post. My sincerest apologies to those of you who downloaded the broken unit. :( I wish I had tested this in game sooner. :(

Oh, and yes, F15, this is the cannon that took out Saphire and Diamond Weapon and also destroyed the barrier around the northern impact crater.

Vuldacon said:
Looks Great Hikaro Takayama :goodjob: ...as a suggestion, the Frames could be larger to allow a better North and especially East and West Attack animation. Due to the size, those directions are rather cut off.

Vuldacon, it unfortunately isn't that simple. If I resize the working area of the document, I'd have to change the zoom ratio and re-render all the animation (and I'm finding myself with even less free time over the next few weeks). Besides, when I tested it in game, It already was poking halfway into the next tile, so even with the truncated attacks to the N,E and W, it still looked like the beam was impacting on the target. As for bombardment, usually the targets I was hitting were off screen, so I didn't see the animation anyways :D

Oh, and winter, the death animation actually looks a lot better in game :p (for a preview of the unit in game, visit the airship thread)

Okay, as promised, I've got all the sounds done. I tried to be as faithful to the original sounds from the CG sequences in FF VII as possible. Sounds are available in the first post. Hope that you like 'em.

Top Bottom