New Wonder: Trans-Siberian Express

AK47

Retired Wonder Architect
Here's another one I made for the next release of The Missing Links.

The Trans-Siberian Railway, built 1891-1905, connects Moskow in European Russia with Russian Far East provinces, all the way to Vladivostok. It is 9,289 kilometres (5,787 miles) long and spans 7 time zones, making it the world's longest continuous railroad.

Zip contains all graphs, including splash. If someone has any nice ideas of stats to give this in the game, let me know.

Enjoy !
AK.
:cool:

Attachments

• tse.zip
    77.7 KB · Views: 663
"building" (?) preview:

Attachments

• tselarge.jpg
    tselarge.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,300
wow, awesome :goodjob:

Stats: Maybe creating every 10 turns a worker unit that just can build railroads/roads, but much faster than a normal worker?

Originally posted by Kenta'arka
wow, awesome :goodjob:

Stats: Maybe creating every 10 turns a worker unit that just can build railroads/roads, but much faster than a normal worker?

Unfortunately, for the AI to use a unit as a worker at all in this fashion, the unuit must have ALL "Worker/Engineer" actions checked except for the last four (airfield, outpost, radar tower, barricade).

-Oz

Originally posted by ozymandias

Unfortunately, for the AI to use a unit as a worker at all in this fashion, the unuit must have ALL "Worker/Engineer" actions checked except for the last four (airfield, outpost, radar tower, barricade).

-Oz

Argh, damn AI... But I thought the AI understands that Legionaries can build Roads in Rise of Rome Scen?

Originally posted by Kenta'arka

Argh, damn AI... But I thought the AI understands that Legionaries can build Roads in Rise of Rome Scen?

I haven't played that Conquest yet but I heard the same and plan to check the editor -- I suspect it was the only change made along those lines, as I can't imagine that modifying the AI's strategy code is that easy ... Still, there's always the hopeful possibility I'm mistaken :) -- undoubtedly, some experimenting is called for.

Best,

Oz

Originally posted by ozymandias

-Oz
Oz, this changed. I tested this couple of times, hoping for the change.

As long as one AI flag is checked (no matter if it's terraform, attack, defense, or anything else), the AI will know the initial use for the unit.

However, if you give the unit a "build road" action (such as with the Legionary in the Rise of Rome conquest) but not check the Terraform flag, during peace time, the unit will be used to build roads.

With a worker which has no attack/defense ability, though, this might be a problem, since there has to be ONE flag checked for priority use purposes on the AI flags.

By the way, great wonder. AK47, congrats. Good job.

Originally posted by SpincruS
Oz, this changed. I tested this couple of times, hoping for the change.

As long as one AI flag is checked (no matter if it's terraform, attack, defense, or anything else), the AI will know the initial use for the unit.

However, if you give the unit a "build road" action (such as with the Legionary in the Rise of Rome conquest) but not check the Terraform flag, during peace time, the unit will be used to build roads.

With a worker which has no attack/defense ability, though, this might be a problem, since there has to be ONE flag checked for priority use purposes on the AI flags.

Excellent! :goodjob: -- Thx for the info.

-Oz

You're more than welcome.

Don't worry, AK. The more the merrier! :D And as long as you didn't know about the other one, this was still an original idea...or? :)

What can we look forward to next, by the way? This one looks magnificent!

>> With a worker which has no attack/defense ability, though, this might be a problem, since there has to be ONE flag checked for priority use purposes on the AI flags.

Here comes the new attack animation for the worker :))
I'll probably give him a very low attack and defense stats, so I could set a flag.

Edit : In fact.. the Explore flag should suffice, no ?

Originally posted by Supa
>> With a worker which has no attack/defense ability, though, this might be a problem, since there has to be ONE flag checked for priority use purposes on the AI flags.

Here comes the new attack animation for the worker :))
I'll probably give him a very low attack and defense stats, so I could set a flag.

Edit : In fact.. the Explore flag should suffice, no ?
True, the explore flag should do it. Totally forgot about that.

Originally posted by Rufus T.Firefly
+1 commerce in all squares and +1 culture.
Actually, I read somewhere that about 25-30% of Russia's export goes over (part of) the Trans-Siberian. So this would make a lot of sense.
:goodjob:

Originally posted by hetairoi22
Don't worry, AK. The more the merrier! :D And as long as you didn't know about the other one, this was still an original idea...or? :)

What can we look forward to next, by the way? This one looks magnificent!

right now, I'm working on finalizing and releasing The Missing Links v2. Should be ready around X-mas. I'll put it under the tree:D
So no new wonders immediately, but I have about 5 ideas in the fridge that I'll start working on around Newyear.
AK.

Top Bottom