embryodead

Caliph

Attachments

• untitled-1.gif
    untitled-1.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 4,473
Excellent, I will have to use these in my mod. Great wok! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

For those who are interested:

Civilopedia entry (reflects as if they are barbarians)

#PRTO_Dire Wolf
^
^
^The [Dire Wolves] are natural enemies which can attack your units at any time and early in the game pose
a serious threat to any army.
#DESC_Dire Wolf
^
^
^The dire wolves were ancient carnivores found mostly in Ice Age sites. The dire wolf is commonly associated with the gray wolf. Although similiar in overall size and mass to a modern gray wolf The dire wolf had a larger head, and shorter legs. The dire wolf's teeth were more massive than those of a gray wolf, as well smaller brains. The dire wolves were likely not good runners. As well had a scavenging nature, scattering bones of prey or already
dead animals, and reflect more a modern day hyena than a gray wolf.

And my recommended stats:
same as warrior, but replaces warrior as "basic barbarian" unit (general settings in editor)

I think it would look weird if you saw "Sir, our village was ransacked by Phoenician dire wolves!". I would personally use them in actual scenarios, deep in the forests as immobile units that guard valuable resources.

>> I think it would look weird if you saw "Sir, our village was ransacked by Phoenician dire wolves!".

As I've already Toltec Giand Squid, it won't upset me more. :rolleyes: ;)

lol i love those squids yea i'm using it right now, i don't really care about that since i'm already looking at how much gold or what was lost

{EDIT}

well didn't want to spam

but just started playing a game gave 'em all terrain as roads, quite deadly when u open a goody hut full of them, went right for my city now i'm behind already

Originally posted by aaminion00
I think it would look weird if you saw "Sir, our village was ransacked by Phoenician dire wolves!". I would personally use them in actual scenarios, deep in the forests as immobile units that guard valuable resources.

You can change that text (it's in script or labels.txt), so that it says something else even without barbarian name ie. in my mod it says something like "Our village was raided by evil forces".
If you want to use animals etc. as barbs I guess you can just throw out the name variable so it will say "...ransacked by dire wolves!".

Or you could change the Barb Tribe names to adjectives like 'dastardly' 'bloodthirsty' etc. and retain the name variable.

actually the names are in the editor, civilizations>Barbarians>tribe names ("city names" for civilizations)

but in scripts it has the....... the "code for tribe name" has ransancked our village

I know the names are in the editor but in script.txt you can change the script so that the names don't appear at all (remove the $ variable and put one fixed word in its place).

Well i liked the idea of using adjectives

so here is a list

bloodthirsty
brutal
brutish
cruel
fell
feral
fierce
frightful
grim
lupine
merciless
pitiless
predatory
rapacious
ravening
ravenous
relentless
ruthless
sanguinary
savage
truculent
unmerciful
untamed
vehement
vicious
voracious

(civ 3 version) and a modified script file, instead of something like "the vicious tribe has destroyed our city walls" you will get "the vicious animals have destroyed our city walls
click this

-Don't forget to back up ur orginal one, and ptw and c3c maybe the same but i dunno, i'll look into that later

---Embryo btw i've been playing ur warhammer mod that i got a while ago pertty kewl,

the idea of adjectives is actually very good if you have that many :) I'll include it in warhammer mod, sounds better than the same text every time.

Top Bottom