Éa III, Sword & Sorcery: Bugs/Crashes thread

also, salt doesn't seem to be an "earth" resource for purposes of gaining culture from civilizations specializing in earth resources... not sure if bug or WAD

I founded my second city in my current game on turn 148, and this popped up the second I founded it. Seems to have something to do with trade routes, I haven't noticed an effect yet

Well that error means that either the origin plot or (more likely) the destination plot for the cities involved is invalid (Paz, could this be because it is trying to trade with a God?). Do you have a save which reproduces this behavior?

Edit: Looking at the log some more I'm suspicious that that event seems to be fired before the city is actually founded according to the log. That can't be right given that DLL-side the city object is passed to the method which fires the lua event. I'll really need a save which repeats this to diagnose the problem.

apologies, it was v2 w/out the hotfix, I have put hotfix a in now. Will try new games

edit: and I will save before founding a second city in the future, I did not do that this time.

apologies, it was v2 w/out the hotfix, I have put hotfix a in now. Will try new games

edit: and I will save before founding a second city in the future, I did not do that this time.

Just set it to autosave every turn, then you will always have the past 5 turns of saves available if something goes wrong.

Non-Crash Bug - "Your People Mourn" popup won't close

Attached:
- Save from just before the death of the King
- Lua.log

Repro Steps:
- Play the next turn (or couple of turns?) and the King should die.
- At this point you get the "your people mourn..." popup.
- Click Close on that
- Observe that the image disappears, and the sound plays, but the panel remains
- Mash the Close button.
- Observe that the popup still remains

At this point the game seems to be still playable, but obscured by the popup.

Attachments

• Úlfhéthnar (Man), King Örvar, Year 83.Civ5Save
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 63
Guess I can't have two attachments! Sorry, should have zipped. Here's the lua.log for the above bug zipped

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    1 MB · Views: 61
Non-Crash Bug - "Your People Mourn" popup won't close

Attached:
- Save from just before the death of the King
- Lua.log

Repro Steps:
- Play the next turn (or couple of turns?) and the King should die.
- At this point you get the "your people mourn..." popup.
- Click Close on that
- Observe that the image disappears, and the sound plays, but the panel remains
- Mash the Close button.
- Observe that the popup still remains

At this point the game seems to be still playable, but obscured by the popup.

I can't reproduce this. I load the save, find your King unit, and delete him, and the popup appears saying that we mourn the death of the king. I am then able to close it just fine.

Edit: Looking at the log you posted is informative. It seems that there is a second popup on the queue for the same person for some reason, which is trying to fire (and failing) when you are clicking close. Try extracting the attached file to your EaUI directory (overwrite when asked) and see if it fixes your issue. If it does I'll release a hotfix for it.

Attachments

• EaImagePopup.7z
    3 KB · Views: 75
the "mine" improvement claims it adds 2 production whne I hover over the option, and "earth lore" (pentheism social policy) claims it adds 1 production to mines, yet my jade mines only have 2 production with both

"Granery" only seems to add 1 food, but it claims 2 food, to wheat.

this is a game I am playing as a Sidhe Tir Ecne civilization, I have gone back to the beginning because I liked the position 3 times, and every time it crashes around turn 95-120, not sure why. After I load up, it gives a long lua log error starting with "nil value" unit search. After our last conversation, I am pretty sure I have all the stuff you wanted, from the turn of the ctd, so hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0097 BC-2545g97.7z
    947.9 KB · Views: 51
  • CvMinidumpg97.7z
    17.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Luag97.7z
    493.1 KB · Views: 67
This one seems to happen about 50% of the time on founding a new city.
Something about a tail call.

Attachments

• hixLua.rar
    318.2 KB · Views: 65
I can't reproduce this. I load the save, find your King unit, and delete him, and the popup appears saying that we mourn the death of the king. I am then able to close it just fine.

Edit: Looking at the log you posted is informative. It seems that there is a second popup on the queue for the same person for some reason, which is trying to fire (and failing) when you are clicking close. Try extracting the attached file to your EaUI directory (overwrite when asked) and see if it fixes your issue. If it does I'll release a hotfix for it.

Regarding reproducing: you indicated you deleted the King unit? I'm assuming the difference here is allowing it to die of natural causes. The save I uploaded, the King is old enough that he dies naturally in a turn or two, which was what triggered the bug.

Will try that hotfix out in a few hours and let you know how it goes!

Well that error means that either the origin plot or (more likely) the destination plot for the cities involved is invalid (Paz, could this be because it is trying to trade with a God?). Do you have a save which reproduces this behavior?

Edit: Looking at the log some more I'm suspicious that that event seems to be fired before the city is actually founded according to the log. That can't be right given that DLL-side the city object is passed to the method which fires the lua event. I'll really need a save which repeats this to diagnose the problem.

Same problem in Scamps and hix logs above. dll is asking about trade routes before the Lua city data has been inited. Just bail out of GameEvents with a false right before line 13 in EaMain/EaTrade.lua:
Code:
if not gCities[iOriginPlot] then return false end

Same errors with freshly downloaded mod files. This time got the lua debugging working, please check. Noted this Runtime error in the lua.log

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Seeker\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Éa III, Sword and Sorcery (v 2)\CoreUI_InGame\PlotMouseoverInclude.lua:102: attempt to call method 'GetPlotEffectData' (a nil value)

ok, got past the Missing Files crash by patching Civ V to 1.0.3.142, but now it crashes on startup and reports some random civ is dead...

Multiple clues here pointing toward installation. But one I've seen before that may be diagnostic (of something ... I'm not sure what) is that some player's installation see GameDefines.MAX_MAJOR_CIVS as a nil value. I have no idea how this could be possible. There's other clues here that the Ea dll isn't being used. But what dll could they possibly have that has GameDefines.MAX_MAJOR_CIVS as nil? Any ideas ls612?

another Lua error, this one popped up during ai turns

Attachments

• Lua2.rar
    352.9 KB · Views: 65
Same problem in Scamps and hix logs above. dll is asking about trade routes before the Lua city data has been inited. Just bail out of GameEvents with a false right before line 13 in EaMain/EaTrade.lua:
Code:
if not gCities[iOriginPlot] then return false end

OK, that makes sense. If the other fix I created for Oblongmana (which is another cheap hack, I have no idea why it is firing that popup multiple times for the same person) works I'll package them both together into a hotfix b.

Multiple clues here pointing toward installation. But one I've seen before that may be diagnostic (of something ... I'm not sure what) is that some player's installation see GameDefines.MAX_MAJOR_CIVS as a nil value. I have no idea how this could be possible. There's other clues here that the Ea dll isn't being used. But what dll could they possibly have that has GameDefines.MAX_MAJOR_CIVS as nil? Any ideas ls612?

Almost certainly an install issue. He should go into Steam and uninstall/reinstall civ 5.

for the ctd in post 30, it repeats on turn 97 no matter what I do, even when I reload 12-42 turns ago (depending, multiple saves) and follow multiple paths... so, its "replicable", at any rate

thanks again for all your guys work, enjoying what I can play of this quite a bit

started a new game, got a druid, wanted to found the cult of plouton, it says that "you need 40% hills, and have 51%", but I cannot found it... no other explanation is given as to why. (all cults not available). save attached.

Attachments

• Tír EcneNewh53.7z
    839.2 KB · Views: 55
this is a game I am playing as a Sidhe Tir Ecne civilization, I have gone back to the beginning because I liked the position 3 times, and every time it crashes around turn 95-120, not sure why. After I load up, it gives a long lua log error starting with "nil value" unit search. After our last conversation, I am pretty sure I have all the stuff you wanted, from the turn of the ctd, so hopefully this helps.

A CTD on end turn. No idea what caused it. Version 2a.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6afblssbg57uynd/Ea-CTD%20v2a.zip

I should be able to look at these two crashes tomorrow or Thursday (RL is unexpectedly being a bit of a pain for me). I'll release a hotfix later this evening to address the city trade crash and the popup-not-closing issue.

Top Bottom