• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

Hmm, I can't replicate this on latest SVN, what version are you on, there was some pathfinding and movement rule bugs in some of the SVN revs before the latest one.
Most recent SVN. Just attack north with master tracker against barb city. Should survive with 14% odds and then auto attack again and suicide.

Attachments

• poop.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Can't get my units out of boats, save attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• Nakasuk September 7, AD-0519.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.8 MB · Views: 5
Most recent SVN. Just attack north with master tracker against barb city. Should survive with 14% odds and then auto attack again and suicide.
Turn on "Quick Move" option for now, bug only happens with move animation on for some reason. I will try to fix it soon, gotta deal with the unable to unload boats bug first.

Last edited:
fixed on latest SVN. though if you select multiple units (with stack attack option on) blitz units will continue to attack, gonna look into it, but a bit difficult to make rules for it as stack attack is meant to pick the best attacker and do the attack until no unit can attack...

Not sure if fixed, but I had a very strange bug.
There was a lonely Wanderer situated in an empty enemy city.
I could "attack" it (goes red, lets me walk into the city), but never actually battle it, OR capture the city.
And it kept sitting in there. So annoying.
I also think it was Building Up something, but not sure.
I'm really too lazy to upload saves, though. It must be something in the code.

I could "attack" it (goes red, lets me walk into the city), but never actually battle it, OR capture the city.
Something like that:
If there is visible criminal in enemy's city and no other (visible) unit, my unit is able to enter the city, but the city is not conquered. Since v44.BETA.8234 Partol unit is able to enter the city and is able to arrest the criminal. In v44.BETA.8221 - 2024-05-12 Patrol was not able to enter such city.

So something similar.
Maybe there is the same reason for which it behaves similarly. City cannot be captured.
And frankly speaking, I do not know why (in my case) Criminal is visible at all.

Problematic city is Uxmal.

Attachments

• Uxmal AD-1509.7z
    6.5 MB · Views: 6
There are problems with CTRL+SHIFT+T function. I use it only when recommended (if it appears after loading game that DLL or assets have been changed after time when save has been created).

My civilization has city with Temple of Ptah that gives a free School of Scribes in every city. School of Scribes obsoletes (turns into Library) when Education is achieved. I have cities founded after Education where obsoleted School of Scribes was not given by Temple of Ptah.
After CTRL+SHIFT+T a Library appears in such cities.

There is some event - discovering of geothermal source of energy (I do not remember its exact name) that gives Power in given city/in all cities on the same continent (depending on player's reaction). Results of the event are gone after CTRL+SHIFT+T.

There are problems with CTRL+SHIFT+T function. I use it only when recommended (if it appears after loading game that DLL or assets have been changed after time when save has been created).

My civilization has city with Temple of Ptah that gives a free School of Scribes in every city. School of Scribes obsoletes (turns into Library) when Education is achieved. I have cities founded after Education where obsoleted School of Scribes was not given by Temple of Ptah.
After CTRL+SHIFT+T a Library appears in such cities.

There is some event - discovering of geothermal source of energy (I do not remember its exact name) that gives Power in given city/in all cities on the same continent (depending on player's reaction). Results of the event are gone after CTRL+SHIFT+T.
Probably why you shouldn't use it randomly, lol.
Also, this mod is trying to put together several very different methods of data handling: XML, DLL, Python.
So it's not surprising that at some point it'll bump into the problem of incompatibility and "order of file initiation matters most".
The fault is strictly the game engine being an old 32bit grandma, though.
Thus, until and unless (which is altogether unlikely) we get access to the engine and are able to convert it to 64bit, these types of problems will stay... forever, unfortunately.

Probably why you shouldn't use it randomly, lol.
Also, this mod is trying to put together several very different methods of data handling: XML, DLL, Python.
So it's not surprising that at some point it'll bump into the problem of incompatibility and "order of file initiation matters most".
The fault is strictly the game engine being an old 32bit grandma, though.
Thus, until and unless (which is altogether unlikely) we get access to the engine and are able to convert it to 64bit, these types of problems will stay... forever, unfortunately.
Its not 32bit thing - its just faulty recalc.

64bit software can use more than 4 GB of RAM, that's it.

Reactions: tmv
Its not 32bit thing - its just faulty recalc.

64bit software can use more than 4 GB of RAM, that's it.
Dude, I wrote that BECAUSE it's 32bit, you modders end up using all sorts of "roundabout tricks" that end up contradicting each other and producing weird bugs.
If and when you can eliminate the 32bit problem, it will automatically allow you to sort everything out into a coherent data cruncher that would NOT have those bugs.

Dude, I wrote that BECAUSE it's 32bit, you modders end up using all sorts of "roundabout tricks" that end up contradicting each other and producing weird bugs.
If and when you can eliminate the 32bit problem, it will automatically allow you to sort everything out into a coherent data cruncher that would NOT have those bugs.
@Toffer90 can teach you lesson or two as he is one actively modding right now.

Only one thing immanently limited by 32bit or 64bit architecture is that process sees a memory as 2^32 bytes or 2^64 bytes, respectively.
Both 32bit and 64bit programs may try to overcome the limitation by splitting program into multiple processes, using mechanisms as AWE, or by using swap files.
CPU of C64 does not have an instruction that does a multiplication or a division but there are programs for C64, like calculators, that do a multiplication or a division.

EDIT: Fixed some typos (four times).

Very minor. Can't build unit reward - fish pens from fish. Says it needs Subdued Cod (or other subdued fish) but when I capture a cod, it becomes Tales of Cod and it won't let me construct fish pens with that.

Very minor. Can't build unit reward - fish pens from fish. Says it needs Subdued Cod (or other subdued fish) but when I capture a cod, it becomes Tales of Cod and it won't let me construct fish pens with that.

Probably undocumented thing, but from my experience, sea animals may be captured as not Tales of [some Sea Animal] but as just some sea Sea Animal since Commercial Whaling.

Top Bottom