• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

There are problems with CTRL+SHIFT+T function. I use it only when recommended (if it appears after loading game that DLL or assets have been changed after time when save has been created).

My civilization has city with Temple of Ptah that gives a free School of Scribes in every city. School of Scribes obsoletes (turns into Library) when Education is achieved. I have cities founded after Education where obsoleted School of Scribes was not given by Temple of Ptah.
After CTRL+SHIFT+T a Library appears in such cities.

There is some event - discovering of geothermal source of energy (I do not remember its exact name) that gives Power in given city/in all cities on the same continent (depending on player's reaction). Results of the event are gone after CTRL+SHIFT+T.
Mhm, there are some special effects from buildings that goes away by doing a recalc, usually caused by the effect being awarded through a python script rather than an xml tag with dll code.
Low priority to fix recalc for these things, though it is good for us modders to be reminded about them once in a while.

Probably undocumented thing, but from my experience, sea animals may be captured as not Tales of [some Sea Animal] but as just some sea Sea Animal since Commercial Whaling.
I have the same problem with Unit Reward - Naval Standard (Animal Mascot). I don't think this is intended.

Mhm, there are some special effects from buildings that goes away by doing a recalc, usually caused by the effect being awarded through a python script rather than an xml tag with dll code.
Low priority to fix recalc for these things, though it is good for us modders to be reminded about them once in a while.
That was precisely what I said. Because you now have to work around the outdated engine, you end up using several types of processes - and that ITSELF causes bugs.
Anyways, that was in no way me being negative about the mod - you guys all know how much I enjoy it, lol.

Very minor. Can't build unit reward - fish pens from fish. Says it needs Subdued Cod (or other subdued fish) but when I capture a cod, it becomes Tales of Cod and it won't let me construct fish pens with that.
I think you need some tech to get subdued animal instead of tale

That was precisely what I said. Because you now have to work around the outdated engine, you end up using several types of processes - and that ITSELF causes bugs.
Anyways, that was in no way me being negative about the mod - you guys all know how much I enjoy it, lol.
Nope, it just means that recalc is partially incompatible with python driven effects - even if game was made year ago (and be 64 bit) it still could be possible bug/oversight to happen

Nope, it just means that recalc is partially incompatible with python driven effects - even if game was made year ago (and be 64 bit) it still could be possible bug/oversight to happen
Never mind, I just wish you guys had better access and less need to work around stuff.

There are problems with CTRL+SHIFT+T function. I use it only when recommended (if it appears after loading game that DLL or assets have been changed after time when save has been created).

My civilization has city with Temple of Ptah that gives a free School of Scribes in every city. School of Scribes obsoletes (turns into Library) when Education is achieved. I have cities founded after Education where obsoleted School of Scribes was not given by Temple of Ptah.
After CTRL+SHIFT+T a Library appears in such cities.

There is some event - discovering of geothermal source of energy (I do not remember its exact name) that gives Power in given city/in all cities on the same continent (depending on player's reaction). Results of the event are gone after CTRL+SHIFT+T.
Do you have a save with that power event completed?
I can't figure out how to apply events in world builder...

I'm now getting a CTD when attacking a barbarian stone axeman - quick save attached. There's nothing in terms of dump files unfortunately or Python Error files - I.E. none are created on my system. I am running CivIV as admin on Windows 11.

Steps to reproduce: advance 4x stone axeman units (should already be moving and will reach in a couple of turns) towards the barbarian unit to the left of London on the coast. I've tried splitting them into individual units and attacking from the same tile (stack attack is disabled). As soon as any of my axeman units attack the barbarian axeman the game immediately crashes to desktop.

I updated to the latest revision (11624) this morning and recalculated modifiers when recommended by the game. No other mods/hacks etc in use on this game at all.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-11619.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.4 MB · Views: 3
I'm now getting a CTD when attacking a barbarian stone axeman - quick save attached. There's nothing in terms of dump files unfortunately or Python Error files - I.E. none are created on my system. I am running CivIV as admin on Windows 11.

Steps to reproduce: advance 4x stone axeman units (should already be moving and will reach in a couple of turns) towards the barbarian unit to the left of London on the coast. I've tried splitting them into individual units and attacking from the same tile (stack attack is disabled). As soon as any of my axeman units attack the barbarian axeman the game immediately crashes to desktop.

I updated to the latest revision (11624) this morning and recalculated modifiers when recommended by the game. No other mods/hacks etc in use on this game at all.
I didn't get it to crash, but I did see an issue with combat camera not releasing when quick combat was off, so I fixed that and made some other tweaks to combat code, maybe it stops your crash, I dunno. SVN update coming in about an hour.

I didn't get it to crash, but I did see an issue with combat camera not releasing when quick combat was off, so I fixed that and made some other tweaks to combat code, maybe it stops your crash, I dunno. SVN update coming in about an hour.
Updated to the latest SVN, thanks for releasing. Unfortunately crash still happening - had a look at the barbarian unit in world builder, couldn't see anything wrong with it so I just killed it since the crashes are only happening to me. I'll keep playing and will report back if it happens again. Thanks for the help!

Updated to the latest SVN, thanks for releasing. Unfortunately crash still happening - had a look at the barbarian unit in world builder, couldn't see anything wrong with it so I just killed it since the crashes are only happening to me. I'll keep playing and will report back if it happens again. Thanks for the help!
Upload your UserSettings folder, might be some BUG option setting I don't use that trigger the crash.

fixed on latest SVN. though if you select multiple units (with stack attack option on) blitz units will continue to attack, gonna look into it, but a bit difficult to make rules for it as stack attack is meant to pick the best attacker and do the attack until no unit can attack...

Probably this also fixed problem where unit attacking a stack remains ordered to move to the tile occupied by the stack.
It was most often unwanted and I needed to press backslash and cancel the order.
I do not see it anymore at v44.BETA.8250. What a relief.

gave a stall when u click on next turn... around player 16
A unit in your game thought it was in combat when it wasn't, corrupt cache on the unit, I added some code for the debug dll that corrects the faulty state, and I added a possible safeguard for it happening in the first place, though I'm not sure it can't happen again. The next SVN rev that is on the way might prevent such a corruption, and I used the debug dll changes to pass the turn in your save and correct the faulty state, save for next turn is attached.

I need to overhaul the entire combat code to get to the bottom of its shortcomings, the way it is now is so that I fix one bug with it and another one is caused by that bug being fixed, will take a week or two to rewrite it to something that is more water tight and future modding proof. The combat code has had bugs since the advanced stealth and combat mods by TB were made, they were mostly minor issues that didn't crash or freeze the game, but fixing them cause bigger issues, and there is reason to fix these long standing minor issues as they caused some weird gameplay glitches. ^^

Edit: wait with playing further on this save until the next SVN revision pops up, should only be an hour at max.

Attachments

• MayaWorldBlitz25.7z
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
Spy takes a mission (destroying a building), mission is successful, but the Spy is caught, he escapes to capital and...
... it appears that identical building that was target of mission has been destroyed in capital.

v44.BETA.8250

gave a stall when u click on next turn... around player 16
Revision 11627 will fix the root cause of the data corruption that happened in your save. Don't play on the save I gave you before you get 11627 as I didn't include the clunky code that retroactively fix the corruption, only the fix to the root cause of the corruption.

Top Bottom