ñ´s Religiously Wonderful SG

Preturn: Move citizen to spices for Settler in 6, still grow in 1. Hit Enter

(1) 2950B.C.
Start road to Spices.
Move warriors.

(2) 2900 B.B.
Move warriors.
Blue civ (China I find out IBT) has Gems

IBT China Contacts us, offers WC for Pottery, I renegotiate, he’ll give Bronze/WC/10g for Alpha which I accept.

(3) 2850 B.C.
Check Zulu, we have Alpha over him he has nothing to offer.
Give Deli a tax collector Settler still in 1.
Move warriors

(4) 2800 B.C.
Dehli {Settler to Spearman to Fortify} We don’t know the Barbarian level do we?
Contemplate where to put Settler… Decide with fingers crossed that I am not very, very wrong J

(5) 2750 B.C.
Things move around
Worker still roading

(6) 2710 B.C.
Looks like Jungle all near China
Things move around more

(7) 2670 B.C.
Worker fineshes road moves to spices
Things move around more

Going to pause here and post the pic. I can settle here to get 4 foodplains on expansion but no gems until expansion either.
The city will reach size 14 max either way it looks like. I’d opt to move and get the gems in range before expansion so no oether civ claims them.
BTW Do I take 20 or 10 turns?

We're going to get expansion fast anyway, probably, so that's a good location.
According to N, we play 20 turns, so let's go with that. If the game starts bogging down, we can slow it down a little.

PS
Where did you get that mine graphic?

PPS
:newyear:

OK Then, hit enter

(8) 2630 B.C.
Start worker building road on spices.
Found Bombay {Temple [in 30]} I don’t want to lose out on those Gems.
Warriors move.

(9) 2590 B.C.
Warriors move.
MM - Dehli, Spearman in 1 with growth, Masonry in 1.

(10) 2550 B.C.
Discover Masonry, start The Wheel (If China moves in we may need to move them out early)
Dehli {Spearman [fortifies] to Collossus}
Warriors move
Up Masonry and Alpha on Zulu and up Pottery on China. They have nothing to offer.

(11) 2510 B.C.
Warriors move.

(12) 2470 B.C.
Warriors move.

(13) 2430 B.C.
Warriors move, find Zulu’s territory just north of China L so china will more than likely expand south.
No techs to trade

(14) 2390 B.C.
Road to spices complete, move worker to start road to Bombay, then to Gems
Collossus in 36.
BTW getting Collossus may trigger Golden age, this being only Monarch I’m comfortable wasting it this early but we can change this to Granary during hand offs without losing shields.

(15) 2350 B.C.
North Warrior explores, other watching for Barbs. (This may seem anal but I don’t want Barbs getting their hands on us.
China has IW, won’t take Pottery and gold for it.

(16) 2310 B.C.
North Warrior goes North, other finds a barb War.
Zulu has IW now, will take Alpha and Pottery for IW and 10g and China still won’t budge. I make the deal. We have Iron!
MM Dehli for an extra gold while it grows.
Zulu has IW now, will take Alpha and Pottery for IW and 10g and China still won’t budge. I make the deal. We have Iron!

IBT Barb attacks Chinese Archer and loses.

(17) 2270 B.C.
Move North Warrior North, other toward Barb camp

IBT Chinese archer moves toward Barb camp, Barbs attack and make him Elite

(18) 2230 B.C.
North Warrior North, other back toward Bombay (Chinese archer will take barb camp before I can reach it.
Bombay grows Temple still in 20.

IBT Zulu asks us to move… of course I will

(19) 2190 B.C.
North Warrior moves North out of Zululand, Other back toward barb camp. (Chinese archer is Elite but only has 3 health so he’s healing up, I should have realized he would do that…)

(20) 2150 B.C.
North Warrior North, other toward barb camp still not in sight but I know it’s out there.
Worker will finish road in 1 turn.
Dehli’s cultural boundaries expand.
China has Iron BTW :scared: so he’ll have swords.
The Map

That’s it, Wheel in 3. Collossus in 21 but Delhi is growing, should be 5 or 6 when it’s finish in next turn set. This can change to Granary in 1 with no shield loss but I’d like to get it, the extra cash for almost 3 Ages won’t hurt with only 5 cities. Turns out leaving Bombay there will get us Iron on 2 expansions instead of 3 so good call Chox!

Possible next cities. The Red and Blue would be great. The 2 Greens can be done later, even if China claims them.

Of course if we get Horses :please: we'll be in great shape to take what land we want quickly.

The save.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/106808/ReligiousSG_2150_BC.SAV

There's a barb camp Northwestish of our War and the Chinese Archer that should have only one barb left.. quick 25g. It lookes like our whole land mass is a narrow Continent (you can see coast on both sides). Probably only 1 or 2 more civs up north of Zulu. Looks prety good early.

The mine graphic is Snoopy's graphic pack. Didn't even know i downloaded it for vanilla lol.

A little bird just reminded me of our variances. One of which is we cannot declare war or taunt the AI into declaring war. Had I remembered this I'd have built settler>settler>settler in my turnset :blush: As it is now we get Collossus in 6 or 7 turns and hopefully can get some settlers out in time.

OK looks like Bombay is our Wonder city 20K city.
I not thrill we started Collossus so early we needed another city first.

Blue Dot I am not entirely trilled with but I just dont see a better location.
Red Dot needs to move One East. There plenty of food tiles all ready there we will need the Hill later for the shields.
Green Dots: I think I like to move it 2 north of the southern one and one SW of the upper one. Let us works all the Gems hills in the future plus gives us access to some grassland instead of all plains.

I think the Red dot is the priority.
DOn't worry about starting War being 5cites someone will demand something. just say no and instant war. Worry about finishing them.

Do we have an order?
If not Can I go next?
Any comments about my city placement before I start?

Heres the roster as it was originally set. As for city placement your points make lots of sense to me. No problems here.

ñ - MIA
choxorn
cyllus - JustPlayed
JJJSpider - Up
Dhagda - On Deck

Pre-turn:
Switch Delhi to Granary No shield Loss. Really need another city before we start the Colossus.
Whip Bombay for Temple.
We barely built one lone spear why are we worried about Horses, Should be research writing. Plus it a cheap tech AI goes for that we can trade for. Too many beakers in now to worry about it. Up Sci to 100% Might as well finish it quicker.

Turn 1 (2110BC):
Delhi Granary -> Spear Working the Growth Cycle
Bombay: Temple -> Granary (prebuild right now.)
Send Work Towards Bombay. And Closer Warrior towards Bombay for MP duty.

Turn 2 (2070BC):
Sci down to 80% Wheel still in 1.

Turn 3 (2030BC):
Wheel in Sci. set 100 on writing in 22 Turns.
We also have Horses inside Delhi
Zulu all ready have it. China has no cash and can’t buy it.

IBT:
Barb attacks our Warrior on mountain and looses but red lined.

Turn 4 (1990BC):
Delhi Spear -> Settler

Turn 5 (1950BC):
ZZZ worker working and Warrior exploring

Turn 6 (1910BC):
Sci down to 70% with no Loss. In 27 Turns

Turn 7 (1870BC):
Meet the Japan We are up Alpha and Iron. Trade Alpha for 10 GP. They also don’t know anyone.

Turn 8 (1830BC):
Delhi Settler -> Spear
Writing drops to 34 turns

IBT:
China Establish Tsing on our Green Spot.

Turn 9 (1790BC):
Sell China the Wheel for 25 GP
Sci back to 100% Writing in 19 now.

Turn 10 (1750BC):

Turn 11 (1725BC):

Turn 12 (1700BC):
Delhi Spear -> Worker

Turn 13 (1675BC):

Turn 14 (1650BC):
China and Zulu Learn Both HBR and Writing
No Deals.
However Writing Drops to 10 turns

Turn 15 (1625BC):

Turn 16 (1600BC):
Establish Madras on red Dot:
Writing in 5

Turn 17 (1575BC):
Delhi Spear -> Settler

Turn 18 (1550BC):

Turn 19 (1525BC):

Turn 20 (1500BC):

Rnd Turn Screen:

The Save: View attachment ReligiousSG_5000BC.sav

Writing due in 1 Turn I would suggest Lit. for the library and GLB
Try to keep Gold low for demands that are sure to come.
Delhi once it finishes its settler can start on the Colossus now. Suggest the Blue Dot Now.
Remember to Whip the Temple in Madras when it is size two. Then make a lot of workers there
Bombay is a small pre-build for either a Library or any other Wonder. I would suggest the oracle (cheap and good Culture) or the GLB (for Culture)

ibt-- writing in
(1) 1475
Delhi settler-->Colossus
worker to Delhi to improve our 20K city
Change Madras to worker, we need at least 1 per city
Start lit full speed, due in 30
Mao and Shaka has writing, Japs have zip
ibt--
(2) 1450
settler moves towards blue dot
worker starts hookin up gems
ibt--
japs start pyramids
(3) 1425
worker starts mine at Delhi grassland
mm Delhi for an extra goldpiece
zulu has myst
ibt--
(4) 1400
sci up to 80, lit in 20 breaking even and 7 g's in the kitty
ibt--
(5) 1375
decide to sell writing to Japan for 26 g's which is all he has
sci up to 100%, lit in 16 at -3 per turn
ibt--
Madras worker-->temple
Zulus starts pyramids
(6) 1350
not much
ibt--
(7) 1325
Found Cape Gandhi on blue spot -->warrior
ibt--
(8) 1300
decide to change Bomb to settler due in 1 turn. We can use a 5:th city NE of Delhi. I'd like to chop a rax there and build up some military. If Bombay keeps growing plus having a granny we will have happiness issues there. In the future (when we have rep and can mine those hills) it will be a monster city.
ibt--
Bomb finish settler --> granny
(9) 1275
Zzz
ibt--
(10) 1250
our scouting warrior finds a barbie camp
Chinese settler is heading for the spot NE of Delhi but we will beat him
Mao learnt Map Making
ibt--
(11) 1225
Our brave warrior is defeated by a redlined barb, no scout out
ibt--
(12) 1200
sci down to 90%, lit in 7
ibt--
(13) 1175
Mao and Shake both have myst/MM/HBR up on us
ibt--
(14) 1150
Mao has no goods to trade yet so decide to wait with roading to him
sci down to 80 breaking even, 10 g's and lit in 5
ibt--
(15) 1125
found Goa in front of grumpy chinamen -->warrior
lit in 3
Tokugawa knows HBR
ibt--
horses are hooked, start mining them
(16) 1100
not much
ibt--
Cape Gandhi warrior-->worker
Mao starts colossus
(17) 1075
ibt--
Lit in -->Philo (gambling for a free tech)
Madras temple-->lib
(18) 1050
trade lit to mao for MM+1 g
trade lit to shaka for myst
trade lit to tokugawa for HBR+5 g's
philo in 7
whip a temple in Madras
ibt--
Madras temple -->library
(19) 1025
start road to build trade route to Mao
ibt--
(20) 1000
start roading twd Goa

Summary: We're well in the race. We can sell myst to Japs for world map + 9 g's so we can speed up the race for philo (I suggest we do). We're weak to everyone and should consider building some military before sending a galley E to the red border. Colossus is in in 6 and I'm sure we'll get it. I regret not pulling one more worker out of Bomb, we still can but will waste some 4 shields. Oh, and change Madras to worker.

Attachments

• religious1000 BC.SAV
    111.7 KB · Views: 130
Nice sets guys. About researching the Wheel :blush: I'm far from a pro... Seems you barely pulled 5 cities out with my blunder not building settlers also.
Is Tsingtoa (I think that's the one) the goal for our 5th city in time? With Horses and Iron we should be set to defend ourselves long enough to establish a solid Civ. Looking good.

The Goal in any 20K game for all other cities to support it in any fashion necessary. AND Culture Building take precedence over all other builds in the 20K city.
In any 5CC game your military will be very weak in the beginning and you must cave in to demands. We will not have a strong military for a long time. So military takes a back sit until you get your cities running properly.
So what this game really becomes is a 4CC with a wonder city.
Suggestion:
1) 10 turns from here on out.

2) Bombay switch to a library and rushed (whipped ASAP). Then Start on a Wonder.
With trading around Lit I not sure GLB is possible now. Only if Bombay is strong and working any and all shield tiles (even those mined hills even in Depotism). We might have a shot. I think the Oracle might be a better way to go but depends if any one else started it.

We need two Wonders for each age. Later ages are easier with pre-builds but in the AA it a little harder with all the wonder cascades.

I'd like us to give space a shot (or at least a thought) so I'm not 100% in on a 20K decided already. It might be the way to go and if so we must focus on that from now on, but consider the terrain and the monster producers we have coming up. Colossus is a good wonder in any case.
A somewhat weak military is fine, but not too weak. Caving in for demands is not a guarantee for peace.

Roster

n -MIA?
Choxorn -up (Not sure he's gong to be able to play, or post, somethings up)
Cyllus - on deck
JJJSpider - warming up
Dhagda - just played

I am fine doing a Space Race if that is the plan.
But with a 20K city you must plan right from the begining this VC is not one you can switch to mid way in a game.
Either way the descision on our VC condition is determined in the begining and we have clear goal set and a plan set in motion.

But with a 20K city you must plan right from the begining this VC is not one you can switch to mid way in a game.
Either way the descision on our VC condition is determined in the begining and we have clear goal set and a plan set in motion.
Like I said, we should decide soon. What is determined in the beginning is that
the only acceptable means of winning are Culture, Space Race, and Diplomatic

Sorry for the delay, short on time, got it. Won't be able to play immeadiately though, so expect a wait. :(

lurker's comment:
Looks like an interesting game. If you'll permit a lurker comment, I've played a few 5CC games going for space and one of the problems that you might find for launching you ship is the lack of resources. No problem if you can trade for them but if no AI has a spare source, you won't be able to fight for them (something that I had to do in several games). This means that it helps to have an alternative VC that you can reach.

I often played for 20K as my fallback win position, sometimes regreting it as I reached 20K before I could finish my ship. The two goals are not incompatable though as some culture builds such as Colossus help your finances/research and others will help with happiness issues to enable most of your cash to fund research and/or tech brokering.

You might still want to consider diplo as your fallback but obviously it means that you must build the UN as you won't appear in the vote otherwise. A Diplo win would be easy for you if you can build the UN; your peaceful nature and the need for you to trade frequently should give you a high attitude rating with most AIs.

Good luck!

Then Delhi is our wonder city. We'll see if we can get to the Late-Industrial Age before winning. If so, use a Palace as a prebuild for the UN. Of course, we do have to use a city besides Delhi if we want to do this, but it won't matter much. Even if we can't win by UN, we can at least not lose.

Top Bottom